Saturday, 2 July 2016

Aaaand, relax…

300th post! 

Did I miss June? I think I've missed June. This is because I've literally been non-stop for practically all of June, and a lot of May too. If you take a quick look back to the first sentence of my last post, you'll see that I had said that I was trying to segregate these posts into topics, but clearly that hasn't worked…

Once again, lets start from the top…

Bristol

Then look how cute we are:



Our matching collar and bracelets are from Friendship Collar, who make matching sets for cats and dogs. I had seen this with Juniper the fox, and thought it was unbelievably cute, and I ended up getting one for me and my fav. Jaxon has a habit of losing collars though, so it's risky leaving it on him haha.




And now for my annual education about food allergies…

I thought this picture was funny because my family have bought new sofas, yet the only one currently on the arm chair is the cat hahahaha. All that money for the cat to have a comfy seat of her own hahaha.

I keep catching Jaxon like this, too:




What a fairy.


This peacock legit lives in our village and hasn't yet been shot or eaten…


Awkward… I have no idea where or when this is from, but I look about 7 hahaha


I bought this dress from New Look, and I only really went to try it on because I never really wear dresses like this, and it couldn't hurt to try it on. But whilst I was in the changing room, I realised that I didn't have a dress for a friend's birthday, and after a good while shopping, I couldn't be bothered to look any further. Still not entirely sure if I really do like it or not haha.


And then we went to watch Coldplay in Manchester's Etihad Stadium. They were absolutely amazing. Such a show to watch, and even better for me, so colourful! I would totally see them again, they were just fab.






Our light-up wristbands



I wish I had gotten a t-shirt though. I thought that I could get one online but the tour shirts aren't available. I don't know if they will be after the tour's ended, but I was a bit gutted to have not got one, since they're actually nice.

Typical Manchester

And then all the work starts. Strangely, a lot of it is the same as last year, and it's a bit of a deja vu to be reliving all of last years events. 


This is CIPR Excellence awards in Old Billingsgate in London,
or, the one with the geet massive screen


I noticed this strange little dot inside my pillow case in the Premier Inn up the road, and found it very odd. At first I thought it was a security tag, and it still may actually be one, to stop people stealing bedding. But then after a little google, I found it's most likely an RFID chip, to check bedding in and out of the store room! Kinda interesting, considering I did a pretty substantial presentation on RFID technologies for uni.

Oh, speaking of uni, I can now confirm that I will be graduating from the University of Sunderland with a 2:1 in Events Management! I am very pleased, considering how little I actually attended in my last year. I am still pretty disgusted with the course, and the lack of skills it's given me for a future career in events. I am no more knowledgable than when I first walked in 3 years ago, if I'm honest. In the 3 years, I had the opportunity to manage a total of ONE event. How utterly ridiculous. From an EVENTS MANAGEMENT course, I would expect a whole lot more. It's disgusting, that for my £35000 that I'm now in debt, I still have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Anyway, this is a topic for a later post.


And now, for Liverpool.
I have never been to Liverpool before, but I can't say I was that impressed, going on first impressions. However, the game changed after checking into my hotel room. We were working and staying in the Titanic Hotel. I followed this hotel being built, and I've always wanted to stay here.
It did not disappoint. Honestly, if you get the chance to stay here, do. Just look at my hotel room…

This bathroom is the most luxurious bathroom I've ever had. A bath, a rain head shower, his and hers sinks…

And this bedroom is the biggest I've ever stayed in. I loved all of the Titanic wall art too…

Mr Jordan

The corridors were eerily dark too. Very effective.

All for this…


Our cute new sofas, and a little Neil.

Ate all deez ribs
And then we went to Sheffield:




Sheffield's Mercure hotel isn't as good as the Titanic Hotel, mind…




No sooner had I come back from Sheffield, I was in Durham and York. I appear to have absolutely no photos from either event though, however FinanceCamp really wasn't the most interesting of events.

This was a little cute duckling at York University though. It's blurry because the other ducks were a bit scary really haha

New hairstyle, entitled: I'd rather be at Glastonbury
 Speaking of Glastonbury, it looks amazing again this year. Adele and Coldplay made for excellent headliners, and actually, I would have loved to have been there this year. I'm halfway through watching The 1975's set, and I'm laughing to myself about Matty's haircut. He said on Twitter he looked like Lord Farquaad from Shrek, and also a little French girl hahaha, and he does haha. Still infatuated with him.


Next up, Manchesterrrrrrr…

This is my 4th year (or so I think!) at Manchester Central doing the annual CIH Housing conference. Let me see if I can find the previous years' blog posts:

2015 (note the photo below and the very similar photo on this post. Love love love the lighting in the bathroom in Man Central hahahaha.)
2014 (barely anything on here unfortunately)
2013 (first year in Manchester!)

I had also been to Harrogate for the same conference in 2011, which proves that I must have missed 2012, of which I have no recollection as to why… turns out I was at school…



Standard…

The Dulux dog wasn't in the exhibition this year, sadly.


What even is this photo hahahaha



So finally I've returned home, and it's so nice to know that I'm going to be in my own bed for the foreseeable future haha! I am kind of finished for summer now though… getting ready to go on holiday and generally do nothing for a few months haha.
Gutted to not be at any festivals this year but the timings didn't work out :( I probably would have been at T in the Park next week if I wasn't graduating then. 

So, next post here will hopefully be a graduation post! I tried my shoes on today to make sure my toes wouldn't stick out the sides hahaha, can't believe I have to tape my toes together to stop them from escaping. Still in love with those shoes though… I'll do my outfit guide next post too.



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment