Well I went down to Felixstowe, Suffolk for the bank holiday weekend, to see some family and have a nice time away.
I like Suffolk, and for practically the entire time we were there, it was nice and sunny. My bed down there is also extremely comfortable haha, and I love sleeping in the room I have because it's silent. I don't sleep in a silent room usually because my clock ticks. Most of the time I can ingore it, but when you actually sleep in a silent room that's next to the sea at the end of a residential area, it's amazing.
Also, I found that I had effectively taken a Swedish souvenir shop down with me hahahahaha. The Stockholm bag's not mine, but the rest of it is. I was also wearing my Eurovision wristband and that t-shirt is the one thay says hej då. Oops…
The beach is always a nice place to be in Felixstowe. I used to hate the beach but so long as you don't get any sand in your shoes, then I suppose it's ok…
The beach down there is always changing too due to longshore drift and various methods they've tried to use as sea defences. It's currently 100 tonne boulders made from Norwegian rock, and they seem to be working, aside from the entire beach ending up on one side of the shore.
On Sunday we went to the Ipswich Maritime Festival, which was held at Ipswich's marina, over the entire weekend I think. It was a typical market type set up, with little stalls, and also some rope making demonstrations, and also a wheelmaker, who didn't actually make any wheels. I love those 'actors', whose job it is to dress up and pretent to be Victorian craftsmen hahaha.
But we were walking along all of the stalls when we saw none other than Imogen Sheeran's stall! It had some of her jewellery on the sides, and in the middle was a orange strip that had all of the jewellery she makes for Ed's store. We walked past her to start with because I wasn't sure if it was her, and I suddenly realised that I was actually wearing my Ed Sheeran top, which was a complete coincidence, but quite an awkward one hahaha. But on the way back we did stop because frankly, it would be rude not to. But when you walk up to Ed Sheeran's mum wearing a top with a large picture of her son's face on it, it's a little bit weird. Imagine someone walking up to your parents wearing a tshirt with your face on it hahaha. She smiled when she saw me and I'm not sure if it was John, his dad sitting down behind the stall, but she said something to him, and I think he said 'nice t-shirt', but I had to concentrate on breathing, and other necessities like that. I actually really like her Ed jewellery and I saw the fruit bracelet I've seen before on her website. I went to pick it up, but my hand was shaking, due to a mix of not having any sugar, and standing infront of someone wearing a tshirt WITH HER SON'S FACE ON IT. But she was really nice, and I bought one from her, and tried to say bye but couldn't. I'm a bad fan. But apparently when I walked away she read the back of my top too, which has all of his 2012 tour dates on it. I went to the Newcastle one.
So I suggest if you live anywhere near Ipswich, or even nearer to Framlingham, where Ed's from, then she's likely to be at an event similar to the Maritime Festival.
We also went to the beer festival, but that was the most opposite thing to my idea of a good time.
Then of course we went to the viewing point in Felixstowe for the port.
And also to the demolition derby in Foxhall…
This also isn't my idea of a good time, but we went and it was alright I suppose. I got covered in dust and horrible bits that came off the cars.
A lot of the cars were owned by gypsies… I had no idea…
We only really go for the bangers and the caravan race at the end, but even that was cut short really because one guy got trapped in one of the cars and had to be cut out by the fire brigade. But that race is just complete carnage, where they just drive around the track with caravans attached, deliberately crashing into them and making the biggest mess possible…
My next blog post is going to be about Ola, because he needs more promotion. It will be a monthly catch up on what Ola's been up to over the last month, with videos, pictures, tweets, news etc. and I'll do one every month so people can know what he's up to.
Jordanavia :)
I like Suffolk, and for practically the entire time we were there, it was nice and sunny. My bed down there is also extremely comfortable haha, and I love sleeping in the room I have because it's silent. I don't sleep in a silent room usually because my clock ticks. Most of the time I can ingore it, but when you actually sleep in a silent room that's next to the sea at the end of a residential area, it's amazing.
| I took some teddies down with me hahaha. They're comfy pillows for the 4hour car journey. |
Also, I found that I had effectively taken a Swedish souvenir shop down with me hahahahaha. The Stockholm bag's not mine, but the rest of it is. I was also wearing my Eurovision wristband and that t-shirt is the one thay says hej då. Oops…
The beach is always a nice place to be in Felixstowe. I used to hate the beach but so long as you don't get any sand in your shoes, then I suppose it's ok…
The beach down there is always changing too due to longshore drift and various methods they've tried to use as sea defences. It's currently 100 tonne boulders made from Norwegian rock, and they seem to be working, aside from the entire beach ending up on one side of the shore.
On Sunday we went to the Ipswich Maritime Festival, which was held at Ipswich's marina, over the entire weekend I think. It was a typical market type set up, with little stalls, and also some rope making demonstrations, and also a wheelmaker, who didn't actually make any wheels. I love those 'actors', whose job it is to dress up and pretent to be Victorian craftsmen hahaha.
But we were walking along all of the stalls when we saw none other than Imogen Sheeran's stall! It had some of her jewellery on the sides, and in the middle was a orange strip that had all of the jewellery she makes for Ed's store. We walked past her to start with because I wasn't sure if it was her, and I suddenly realised that I was actually wearing my Ed Sheeran top, which was a complete coincidence, but quite an awkward one hahaha. But on the way back we did stop because frankly, it would be rude not to. But when you walk up to Ed Sheeran's mum wearing a top with a large picture of her son's face on it, it's a little bit weird. Imagine someone walking up to your parents wearing a tshirt with your face on it hahaha. She smiled when she saw me and I'm not sure if it was John, his dad sitting down behind the stall, but she said something to him, and I think he said 'nice t-shirt', but I had to concentrate on breathing, and other necessities like that. I actually really like her Ed jewellery and I saw the fruit bracelet I've seen before on her website. I went to pick it up, but my hand was shaking, due to a mix of not having any sugar, and standing infront of someone wearing a tshirt WITH HER SON'S FACE ON IT. But she was really nice, and I bought one from her, and tried to say bye but couldn't. I'm a bad fan. But apparently when I walked away she read the back of my top too, which has all of his 2012 tour dates on it. I went to the Newcastle one.
| I think I wanted one with an apple on it, but this one has a lime on, so it's all good :D |
| So now when people ask where I got my bracelet from, I can say Ed Sheeran's mum… |
So I suggest if you live anywhere near Ipswich, or even nearer to Framlingham, where Ed's from, then she's likely to be at an event similar to the Maritime Festival.
We also went to the beer festival, but that was the most opposite thing to my idea of a good time.
Then of course we went to the viewing point in Felixstowe for the port.
| There weren't a lot of ships… |
And also to the demolition derby in Foxhall…
This also isn't my idea of a good time, but we went and it was alright I suppose. I got covered in dust and horrible bits that came off the cars.
A lot of the cars were owned by gypsies… I had no idea…
We only really go for the bangers and the caravan race at the end, but even that was cut short really because one guy got trapped in one of the cars and had to be cut out by the fire brigade. But that race is just complete carnage, where they just drive around the track with caravans attached, deliberately crashing into them and making the biggest mess possible…
My next blog post is going to be about Ola, because he needs more promotion. It will be a monthly catch up on what Ola's been up to over the last month, with videos, pictures, tweets, news etc. and I'll do one every month so people can know what he's up to.
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment