Thursday, 5 September 2013

My Dream Phone and Ola Anniversary?

This isn't what it sounds like. It's not my ideal phone, but it's the phone I own in my dreams. This is going to sound a little weird, but just bear with me haha.

For as long as I've had an iPhone, or at least a phone that can take pictures, my dreams have reflected that. I have pretty 'normal' dreams, I think, which are influenced by what happens during the day, what I see, what I hear etc, plus sometimes a mix of my favourite things / people, or most memorable events reoccur. Like the dreams most people have.
Occasionally in my dream, I'll use my phone to take a picture of what's happening, or someone else will use my phone to take a picture of me. Now over the years, my dream phone has collected a pretty substantial array of really awesome pictures. Pictures of me with Ola, pictures of me with Norlie & KKV, pictures of really awesome scenery, pictures with people I've never met in real life, but I always wake up thinking 'wow if only I could get those pictures back'.
Think how awesome it would be to collect all of the photos that my dream phone has taken? At one point I thought about drawing or painting them, until I realised that I'm pretty awful at drawing :(

Perhaps when I'm dead and I get the choice of bringing one item with me to wherever I go, I'll not choose my real phone, but my dream phone, so that I can find someone who brought with them a picture printer so I can hang all of the pictures on my wall.
Or maybe in 60 years time you will actually be able to take pictures of your dreams for real, and I suddenly have a huge collection of pictures with Ola from when he was in his mid-20's haha. And I'll send them to him hahaha.


Back to reality, we have to skip back in time a bit, because all of my posts for the last few weeks have been specialised.

Me and Ola are actually currently celebrating our 5 year anniversary, which is the Wooden Anniversary hahahahaha. In fact, I'm not too sure how aware of this he is, but it was September 2008 when I first found Ola's SOS on this video, because I used to watch an absurd amount of horse show jumping videos. It just so happened that Ola's song was used in the background. With access to Limewire (remember that?!) I downloaded the song, and also Natalie, and listened to them a lot.

Unfortunately for a few months the Jonas Brothers took over, but at New Year, whilst in Ireland, I put my iPod on and decided to listen to Ola's SOS again, because it was my most played song and I wanted  to remember why I liked it so much. I still remember saying those words to myself whilst sitting in the car, and playing it practically the whole way back from Ireland to Newcastle hahaha.

And really it just spiraled from there. With even more access to Limewire, I 'acquired' Feelgood, and I think a few songs from the Given To Fly album too, but I didn't like Feelgood to start with. I also didn't like Ola, because his picture on Wikipedia was this:


But somehow I got a hold of more songs, and eventually signed up to his website in April 2009, because I didn't understand Swedish, but could navigate my way around his website well enough to sort of know what I was doing. I then found an English forum, but it had no English people in it. Mostly Polish people and also Lithuanians I think, who had seen Ola when he was in Poland during various visits he made early on. There were also some nice Swedes who kindly translated all of Ola's interviews etc for us who couldn't speak Swedish. And the Polish people translated anything that was in Polish.

I also found the guestbook, which unfortunately is no more. Not the way it was, anyway. I'm so glad I screenshotted all of my answers :D
My first answer from the Guestbook… it only took me like 6 months to work out how to use it hahaha


Then of course everything went English, Oliniho Records was set up, Ola went to America, and the UK, and started to really go international. I became the UK Street Team leader and he blew up in Italy.
Words can't describe how proud I am to have stuck by him (not without it's hiccups) and how I have seen him grow. Chinchin to another 5 years!




I thought it was sad to celebrate on my own, so I decided to send him some chocolate hahaha.



I tried to send him some stuff that I knew he couldn't get in Sweden, and originally I was sending him some Malteasers, because how can anyone live without Malteasers? Then I found that as of February 2013, Malteasers are available in Sweden, so I had to find something different.
I chose some Cadbury Dairy Milk Marvellous Creations, because Cadbury's is primarily British. I'm almost certain that Marvellous Creations is only available in the UK. But it was 3 for 2, so I bought 6 for the price of 4 - £2.80. Ola is getting six bars of Marvellous Creations, because it was cost effective. I hope he doesn't get scared by the popping candy, apparently it's not so widely available in Sweden…
I also got him two bars of Terrys Chocolate Orange, because although the segmented chocolate oranges are probably available, the bars aren't.
And also two packs of fruit polos. Polos are universal I think. They're just mints anyway. But fruit polos aren't. Fruit polos are difficult to find in the UK, never mind abroad. We went to three shops before finding some, so enjoy the sticky, sweet mess that comes wrapped in foil, Ola.

I also told him to share with Therese, because imagine if he eats all of that?! There's like half a kilo of sugar in that package…
If he doesn't like chocolate, I hope he feels free to send some back, because I do…



Possibly the worst iPhone picture we've ever taken…

My most favourite biscuit thing from Greggs, a Spikey Mikey. And the name only stands if you pronounce it in your most Geordie accent. Suffolk Greggs call it a spoyky moykey. Wrong. 

Boobaloo

My baby

My baby's feral brother
Like my t-shirt? hahaha, this is pretty old now… yes, it is Ola.

We got some more KKV pops.
I want a free spoonstraw too, but you need two boxes, and I'm going to move out before I finish this box…



Actually, I had a dream about Kim and Sonny last night, and we met in a little office and we were talking about how I like Kim's name, but it's a girls name in the UK hahaha. Then we took a picture with the dream phone actually hahaha.
Before that we met Ola, and I wasn't nervous, which wouldn't happen hahaha. I don't remember taking a picture with him… but the dream phone has plenty anyway haha.



I also had a dream the other day we were watching the Olympics opening ceremony in a carpark whilst sitting in a tent. Anton Ewald was with us and he was acting like a 4 year old, and couldn't sit still, so we were saying, 'Anton, sitta still!' and he was saying 'Men jag kan inte sitta still!' whilst bouncing round hahaha. So he sat in my lap and he fell asleep. Except he was as tall as he is now and he blocked my view of the Olympics hahaha. Follow your dreams.

I watched Monsters Inc in Swedish yesterday. It was awesome :D

Jango

Fletcher

Jaxon



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment