Christmas is just around the corner, and wow, has it snuck up all of a sudden. Today, I ate about 10 days worth of advent calendar chocolate because I'd missed so many days. Not that I'm busy or anything; quite the opposite, still. I'm bored of being bored now. It's a bit rubbish really, when I could be out and about doing stuff. Especially now I'm finished uni until practically February. I still have my entire dissertation and one other essay to write, but I'm waiting for the motivation train to hit me!
I do still go out a lot though! I'm really not house bound just yet haha.
Miller & Carter Steakhouse is an interesting one. They claim to be a upmarket, quality steakhouse, but this burger could only be cooked in a certain way. For all they're a steakhouse, they can only cook this burger medium? Seems a bit basic really… especially for the price.
Aaaaaand then it was Cambridge. This was straight after an awards show in Leicester. But Cambridge is no normal job, nooooo. This time, I was awake for 36 hours. Have you ever been awake for 36 hours? It messes with you totally. I luckily had a bit of a lie in (which included a bath!) and got to the college for about 2pm, and then it started from there. Awake all afternoon and night, into the early morning and then worked through the sunrise and into Sunday. Eventually getting home at 6pm-ish for tea and fiiiinally bed. There were times I was so tired I could probably have fallen asleep standing up, there and then, if I had half a chance. And then there were times when you would get a little energy burst and think 'do humans even need sleep?'. Then in the car on the way back, if I closed my eyes, I could see my dream, but then open my eyes again and I was in the real world. Both states of consciousness were slowly merging into one, since I was actually hallucinating at that point. A very strange mental state to be in haha. I don't look forward at all, to the next time I have to stay awake that long, but who knows when that will be?
This is Lane7. I went there with some friends from school, and none of us had been before, despite it being open a few years, and hearing lots of reports about what it's like. It's good! Downstairs is a small eatery and four bowling alley lanes, and upstairs is a few separate rooms for other activities, I guess. We were only downstairs, and had one game of bowling. It is basically just bowling, yet the atmosphere is completely different. It's exactly what it would feel like if you were a complete bowling fanatic and loved nothing more than going to the lanes to chuck a heavy ball down a lane, but got one built in your house. The atmosphere is just non-existent. You can't hear everybody else cheering, and that distinct sound of other pins being knocked down in a strike, or collect tokens or anything else you usually do in a normal bowling alley. Great for corporate team building but pretty rubbish for bowling with your friends.
This was good though. My second time watching Michael McIntyre on his latest tour, this time in Leeds. We were actually given a box by the bank to watch it from, which turns out to absolutely be the best way to watch a show at an arena. If I had lots of money to spare, the first thing I'd spend it on would be a box to watch shows from. You get free drinks and snacks, and nibbles and complimentary gifts, and a great view and comfy seats and space to move and chill out and it's just fantastic.
And of course, Michael was hilarious. This was the last night of the tour and I even thought it was funnier than it was in Newcastle, despite him not having a cracking Geordie accent for the entire show. I do recommend watching it sometime though, it is very good.
But then whilst driving back, we hit snow, and it ended up snowing the rest of the day, and it got at least an inch deep! At least, it did in Burnopfield. Returning back to Newcastle, the ground was dry. Our cats hate the snow haha.
This was for work's Christmas party. It gets more and more tame each year, and we ended up getting the BUS back from the 3rd bar at 7pm. Such a terrible effort haha. There was just no festive feeling about this years party, in comparison to last year, and despite several drinks, I wasn't even beginning to get drunk.
And to top things off, I had therefore missed my delivery at home. This pathetic excuse of a card was delivered through my door which told me absolutely nothing. He'd ticked last attempt, but where were the other attempts?! Also, number to contact him on? I know they're all self-employed drivers, but DON'T BECOME A HERMES DELIVERY DRIVER IF YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO ACTUALLY DELIVER GOODS. How am I meant to know where this is, when he'll be back, what he's done with my stuff? Worst thing? Two days later it seems they were going to re-attempt delivery, despite me having no idea they were going to do this, and now 'a customer signature has been obtained'. WHO'S?! Not mine. Someone has signed for my parcel and not given it to me. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just contact the driver to ask where it is / who he's left it with, but I have a sneaking feeling he has it. Trying to get in contact with Hermes is like drawing blood from a stone, and I ended up being number 230 in the online chat queue, to then be handed to the investigation team to see where this parcel is. I also have a sneaking feeling I have not been passed on to the investigation team, and I'll have to try again. They're not getting away with this. I'll escalate this to watchdog if I have to hahaha!
I do still go out a lot though! I'm really not house bound just yet haha.
Miller & Carter Steakhouse is an interesting one. They claim to be a upmarket, quality steakhouse, but this burger could only be cooked in a certain way. For all they're a steakhouse, they can only cook this burger medium? Seems a bit basic really… especially for the price.
| Can't even remember when this is from… |
Aaaaaand then it was Cambridge. This was straight after an awards show in Leicester. But Cambridge is no normal job, nooooo. This time, I was awake for 36 hours. Have you ever been awake for 36 hours? It messes with you totally. I luckily had a bit of a lie in (which included a bath!) and got to the college for about 2pm, and then it started from there. Awake all afternoon and night, into the early morning and then worked through the sunrise and into Sunday. Eventually getting home at 6pm-ish for tea and fiiiinally bed. There were times I was so tired I could probably have fallen asleep standing up, there and then, if I had half a chance. And then there were times when you would get a little energy burst and think 'do humans even need sleep?'. Then in the car on the way back, if I closed my eyes, I could see my dream, but then open my eyes again and I was in the real world. Both states of consciousness were slowly merging into one, since I was actually hallucinating at that point. A very strange mental state to be in haha. I don't look forward at all, to the next time I have to stay awake that long, but who knows when that will be?
Still, it looked pretty. Anything for a photo, right?
This is a black forest hot chocolate from Costa and they are the nicest hot chocolates ever. All they do differently is put a squirt of blackberry syrup in it, and somehow that justifies the price hike of about 50p. Nevertheless, that little blackberry syrup squirt just absolutely makes it. It's not even particularly Christmassy but it's on their Christmas menu. It's worth buying a bottle of the syrup, I think haha.
This is Lane7. I went there with some friends from school, and none of us had been before, despite it being open a few years, and hearing lots of reports about what it's like. It's good! Downstairs is a small eatery and four bowling alley lanes, and upstairs is a few separate rooms for other activities, I guess. We were only downstairs, and had one game of bowling. It is basically just bowling, yet the atmosphere is completely different. It's exactly what it would feel like if you were a complete bowling fanatic and loved nothing more than going to the lanes to chuck a heavy ball down a lane, but got one built in your house. The atmosphere is just non-existent. You can't hear everybody else cheering, and that distinct sound of other pins being knocked down in a strike, or collect tokens or anything else you usually do in a normal bowling alley. Great for corporate team building but pretty rubbish for bowling with your friends.
This was good though. My second time watching Michael McIntyre on his latest tour, this time in Leeds. We were actually given a box by the bank to watch it from, which turns out to absolutely be the best way to watch a show at an arena. If I had lots of money to spare, the first thing I'd spend it on would be a box to watch shows from. You get free drinks and snacks, and nibbles and complimentary gifts, and a great view and comfy seats and space to move and chill out and it's just fantastic.
And of course, Michael was hilarious. This was the last night of the tour and I even thought it was funnier than it was in Newcastle, despite him not having a cracking Geordie accent for the entire show. I do recommend watching it sometime though, it is very good.
But then whilst driving back, we hit snow, and it ended up snowing the rest of the day, and it got at least an inch deep! At least, it did in Burnopfield. Returning back to Newcastle, the ground was dry. Our cats hate the snow haha.
| Aww the little cutie. 18 in January! |
| She was also always the fiercest, but has softened in her age. |
| Here's a dress I wore the other day. I promise I have since tidied my room… |
I've been soooooo super ill recently though. It's been a strange kind of sickness though because it changed practically every day. From a sore throat, to a headache, to dizziness, to a cough… just going through the symptoms daily, completely rendering me useless for about a week. In fact, my cough got so bad I just couldn't cope one night. There's only so many times you can cough until you're nearly sick before you have to do something about it. It was 3am and I still wasn't asleep. I told myself I'd give it half an hour to try and sleep, but I literally couldn't even lie down without coughing more. So, 3:20am I was on my way to the 24h Tesco haha. Supermarkets are very very different places at that time in the morning. They just turn into an unstaffed warehouse with crap all over the floor. They must just drive a pallet around the whole store, dropping off restocks at each aisle and just leaving them there until someone can put them on the shelf. It's basically just a mess. I do recommend going though, it's a very interesting trip out. But mine was to find some cough medicine, which turns out, isn't medicine at all. It's just pure liquid sugar… Still, the placebo effect is going strong.
And to top things off, I had therefore missed my delivery at home. This pathetic excuse of a card was delivered through my door which told me absolutely nothing. He'd ticked last attempt, but where were the other attempts?! Also, number to contact him on? I know they're all self-employed drivers, but DON'T BECOME A HERMES DELIVERY DRIVER IF YOU'RE NOT ABLE TO ACTUALLY DELIVER GOODS. How am I meant to know where this is, when he'll be back, what he's done with my stuff? Worst thing? Two days later it seems they were going to re-attempt delivery, despite me having no idea they were going to do this, and now 'a customer signature has been obtained'. WHO'S?! Not mine. Someone has signed for my parcel and not given it to me. It wouldn't be so bad if I could just contact the driver to ask where it is / who he's left it with, but I have a sneaking feeling he has it. Trying to get in contact with Hermes is like drawing blood from a stone, and I ended up being number 230 in the online chat queue, to then be handed to the investigation team to see where this parcel is. I also have a sneaking feeling I have not been passed on to the investigation team, and I'll have to try again. They're not getting away with this. I'll escalate this to watchdog if I have to hahaha!
| Have not been here for ages! But these festive doughnuts are suuuper nice :) |
![]() |
| Just found this hahahahaha |
So now I'm 90% done with Christmas shopping, 6 days before the day. And I'm proud to announce that that 90% has all been done online. I've not bought a since thing from a shop, which actually, is a terrible terrible thing for the high street, the one thing I'm fairly keen on saving. I just hope that shopping centres are busy this year and that we don't hear of any closures just after Christmas.
And because it's the end of the year, Spotify is offering their year in review again. Here are my most interesting facts:
Surprise surprise, hey? I'm even more excited about seeing Walk the Moon in February now, and kinda glad November was cancelled, because I'll definitely appreciate seeing them more in February than I would have done in November.
So anyway, I will almost certainly not blog again before Christmas, so I really hope everyone has a wonderful time again this year. Be with the ones you love and be grateful. Remember, it's not about the presents, it's about the presence. The older you get, the better giving gets. Perhaps next year we'll have some younger members of our family (not suggesting anything on my behalf!) and it will be magical again.
Jordanavia :)








No comments :
Post a Comment