…BLOG!
And I promise I haven't forgotten about blogging. Not that anyone would mind haha. But I think pretty much every day I do think about this place, and what I could write.
At the minute, I'm thinking a lot about cycles, and the ways in which old trends in my life come back around.
What's newwww…
I've tried to separate these posts into more specialised topics, and because this one is a general life update, it looks like we have a lot to catch up on! Bear with…
But now I have an iPad, and it's one of the greatest things I've ever bought. I just love it, and it's so handy to carry around. I got the pencil with it too, and wasn't expecting a lot from it. But I was pleasantly surprised, as it's super responsive and very easy to use like a real pencil!
These three are from our trip to North Yorkshire. It was a lovely trip and even better having to travel through the North York Moors to get there. It's so strange that there are sheep just wandering on the road, and I hope one day I'll meet someone not from the UK who thinks all of England is like London, because I'll take them here and show them just how different this is from London!
Then last weekend we took our second trip of 2016 to Alton Towers! :D
I really love this place. It's very familiar, and I really love the rides. It was decently busy, with the Smiler still pulling the longest queue lines, just like before June 2015. Again, we had really nice weather and had a great day!
Now look at this sad kiddo…

I felt so sorry for him, since the weather has improved again, because he is such an outdoor cat, and loves to be be outside. Because he's not even allowed outside to help the wound heal, he's so miserable, and probably baking inside where he has to stay. So I went to Pets At Home to pick up a little harness for him so we could go outside and be supervised. In hindsight, a small dog harness would have been better! He was weighed by the vet to be 4.9kg!
How cuuuuuuuute! I can hardly cope with how cute his is in that little harness!
Hopefully he won't need to wear the cone next week.
And now, for what I'd talked about to start with, cycles.
Ola-mania is back! Perhaps not as bad as it used to be, but it's certainly back. I had a dream a few nights ago about meeting him, and it was one of the nicest dreams I've ever had. Nothing weird happened half way through like dreams sometimes do, and he stayed as Ola, and we stayed in Sweden, and it was a really great dream haha! After that, I realised just how much of a hold he used to have over me, and I reminisced about all of the memories I've had surrounding him and they're all so great. Yet, unlike in the dream, I've still never met him.
I have a folder on my hard drive that I use for backups, just entitled 'Ola' and it has a whole wealth of pictures and memories from the entire 10 years he's been in the spotlight. So many memories and great times. If only he'd release some more music, and tour, and I'd be able to see him live. I'm so bitterly gutted that I missed him so closely when I was younger.
Can anyone remember the story of when I visited Sweden for the first time? We strangely stayed in Norrköping, in a little hotel on the river front. We just explored the local area and I personally had a fantastic time in this country I had learned so much about. So many of my friends were so happy for me to finally have made it across the (slightly smaller) pond, both UK and Swedish friends, that is. I remember suddenly being bombarded with messages from Swedish Ola fans, asking if I'd seen the news. At first, I think I had thought Ola was planning a UK gig, but actually, he'd booked a gig for Norrköping very suddenly. Yet, this surprise gig was ONE DAY after we left! I was heartbroken! I begged and begged for my family to stay just an extra day so that I could see him, but they didn't let me. I should have cried more.
That happened a handful of unfortunate times, and it only never worked out because I was too young to make my own travel plans. Should he book a gig now, I will absolutely fly myself out to Sweden and back again to see him. No doubt I will have a friend or two in tow, and if not, that will not stop me seeing him. Gutted.
(I must mention for the sake of avoiding further disappointment, when I say 'now', what I mean is after 22nd September!!!!)
Until then, this will have to do!
I'm pretty desperate to move there, at the minute. All this thinking back, I really miss the place. It just seems so difficult to find somewhere to work. I will continue to keep searching to see if there's anyway to get over there for a period of time though.
Jordanavia :)
And I promise I haven't forgotten about blogging. Not that anyone would mind haha. But I think pretty much every day I do think about this place, and what I could write.
At the minute, I'm thinking a lot about cycles, and the ways in which old trends in my life come back around.
What's newwww…
I've tried to separate these posts into more specialised topics, and because this one is a general life update, it looks like we have a lot to catch up on! Bear with…
But now I have an iPad, and it's one of the greatest things I've ever bought. I just love it, and it's so handy to carry around. I got the pencil with it too, and wasn't expecting a lot from it. But I was pleasantly surprised, as it's super responsive and very easy to use like a real pencil!
| A quick drawing |
| Holiday outfits hahaha, from Boohoo |
| Everyone takes these photos, right? 41°c in the car though… |
| Fave cola |
| At a skittles alley with work. A very strange, manual version of bowling. Would recommend bowling, not skittles. |
These three are from our trip to North Yorkshire. It was a lovely trip and even better having to travel through the North York Moors to get there. It's so strange that there are sheep just wandering on the road, and I hope one day I'll meet someone not from the UK who thinks all of England is like London, because I'll take them here and show them just how different this is from London!
| Fave filter is back… |
| How cute. Drawing cats with light hahaha |
I bought some neon nail varnish from Etsy, and couldn't wait for it to arrive! I've always wanted some brighter colours, but shops seem to have more subdued and darker colours, instead of the brighter ones I'd like. I would love to have water marbled them, to look like this:
But the polish is too heavy to dry properly on the water and just smudges everywhere :( so instead, we've gone with the sponge technique, and I love it.
Then last weekend we took our second trip of 2016 to Alton Towers! :D
I really love this place. It's very familiar, and I really love the rides. It was decently busy, with the Smiler still pulling the longest queue lines, just like before June 2015. Again, we had really nice weather and had a great day!
Now look at this sad kiddo…
He unfortunately has had a wound on his side for a couple of weeks, and although it seemed to have healed, it unfortunately healed with an abscess underneath it :(
It wouldn't be so bad if cats didn't have rough tongues and kept licking it, but he managed to open up the wound again, and was undoubtedly incredibly itchy and sore. So after a trip to the vets, he comes home with the cone of shame and a whole concoction of antibiotics and painkillers, and has to go back in a weeks time. I just can't stop laughing at how much of a lamp he looks, because he doesn't realise that he can still hold his head normally, without almost falling backwards trying to 'look' it off his head.
I felt so sorry for him, since the weather has improved again, because he is such an outdoor cat, and loves to be be outside. Because he's not even allowed outside to help the wound heal, he's so miserable, and probably baking inside where he has to stay. So I went to Pets At Home to pick up a little harness for him so we could go outside and be supervised. In hindsight, a small dog harness would have been better! He was weighed by the vet to be 4.9kg!
| Had to take a quick trip further down the driveway hahaha |
How cuuuuuuuute! I can hardly cope with how cute his is in that little harness!
Hopefully he won't need to wear the cone next week.
And now, for what I'd talked about to start with, cycles.
Ola-mania is back! Perhaps not as bad as it used to be, but it's certainly back. I had a dream a few nights ago about meeting him, and it was one of the nicest dreams I've ever had. Nothing weird happened half way through like dreams sometimes do, and he stayed as Ola, and we stayed in Sweden, and it was a really great dream haha! After that, I realised just how much of a hold he used to have over me, and I reminisced about all of the memories I've had surrounding him and they're all so great. Yet, unlike in the dream, I've still never met him.
I have a folder on my hard drive that I use for backups, just entitled 'Ola' and it has a whole wealth of pictures and memories from the entire 10 years he's been in the spotlight. So many memories and great times. If only he'd release some more music, and tour, and I'd be able to see him live. I'm so bitterly gutted that I missed him so closely when I was younger.
Can anyone remember the story of when I visited Sweden for the first time? We strangely stayed in Norrköping, in a little hotel on the river front. We just explored the local area and I personally had a fantastic time in this country I had learned so much about. So many of my friends were so happy for me to finally have made it across the (slightly smaller) pond, both UK and Swedish friends, that is. I remember suddenly being bombarded with messages from Swedish Ola fans, asking if I'd seen the news. At first, I think I had thought Ola was planning a UK gig, but actually, he'd booked a gig for Norrköping very suddenly. Yet, this surprise gig was ONE DAY after we left! I was heartbroken! I begged and begged for my family to stay just an extra day so that I could see him, but they didn't let me. I should have cried more.
That happened a handful of unfortunate times, and it only never worked out because I was too young to make my own travel plans. Should he book a gig now, I will absolutely fly myself out to Sweden and back again to see him. No doubt I will have a friend or two in tow, and if not, that will not stop me seeing him. Gutted.
(I must mention for the sake of avoiding further disappointment, when I say 'now', what I mean is after 22nd September!!!!)
Until then, this will have to do!
I'm pretty desperate to move there, at the minute. All this thinking back, I really miss the place. It just seems so difficult to find somewhere to work. I will continue to keep searching to see if there's anyway to get over there for a period of time though.
Jordanavia :)



No comments :
Post a Comment