Hi again, this is long overdue… I was… washing my hair…
I was searching through this blog for a photo of myself (which I didn't find) but instead found pictures of my life over the last year, and within them, I saw some photos of our oldest cat, Jemima.
Unfortunately her time is up, and she sadly had to get put to sleep a week ago.
I loved that little cat so much, and although we knew it was coming, obviously it is sad she's finally left us.
We got her shortly after moving into our new house, back in 1999, and she was around 1 when we got her, so still a bit of a baby. She came from the cattery I used to work at, and she was in the very top left pen. Her full name was Jemima Puddle-duck from Beatrix Potter's stories. After the couple of times we went to see her (being very little!) we thought the litter tray was the food tray and so we were feeding her litter. Worst part is she was eating it!
Our house sits next to fields and we had a couple of mouse incidents in the first little while after moving in, and what better excuse to get a cat, right?! I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but pretty sure I can remember when we got her there was a call straight away, as there was a mouse in the kitchen. (Maybe I'm totally making this all up, but regardless it's a good story) Jemima basically took one look at this mouse and showed about 10% interest, and then just sat and looked at it. Ideal. From that moment on, she began brining more in than she was meant to be getting rid of. This wasn't just limited to mice either, we've had them all. Rats, moles, voles, rabbits, birds, stoats, and of course, Lucky the not-so-lucky mouse. Thankfully none of the bigger animals, even though there was potential to wake up one morning to find any of the following, pheasants, peacock, badger, fox, probably boar if she looked hard enough haha.
She was my little partner in crime and we used to capture that poor cat for hours on end, dressing her up, making her play with us. She used to get put into something on wheels and pushed around the room for a good 15 minutes, and I did wonder why she didn't get out when I stopped but I guess she was so dazed…
She had her nose pushed out at about the age of 10 or 11 when Jango and Jaster showed up, and she was no longer the only-cat. She used to sulk a lot and I'm sure I cried over how my child had thought I had abandoned her for two newer babies haha. She didn't have much more luck after that when Jaxon, Jenga, Fletcher and Charlotte all turned up too!
Still, she was the cat that made me love all cats. Such a character and you'll never meet another cat like her. A boring lump of fur at times, and I have permanent scars (all probably my own fault) where she's bitten and scratched me but what a little sweetie. I'm so very glad to have called her mine.
Jordanavia :)
I was searching through this blog for a photo of myself (which I didn't find) but instead found pictures of my life over the last year, and within them, I saw some photos of our oldest cat, Jemima.
Unfortunately her time is up, and she sadly had to get put to sleep a week ago.
I loved that little cat so much, and although we knew it was coming, obviously it is sad she's finally left us.
We got her shortly after moving into our new house, back in 1999, and she was around 1 when we got her, so still a bit of a baby. She came from the cattery I used to work at, and she was in the very top left pen. Her full name was Jemima Puddle-duck from Beatrix Potter's stories. After the couple of times we went to see her (being very little!) we thought the litter tray was the food tray and so we were feeding her litter. Worst part is she was eating it!
Our house sits next to fields and we had a couple of mouse incidents in the first little while after moving in, and what better excuse to get a cat, right?! I was only 6 or 7 at the time, but pretty sure I can remember when we got her there was a call straight away, as there was a mouse in the kitchen. (Maybe I'm totally making this all up, but regardless it's a good story) Jemima basically took one look at this mouse and showed about 10% interest, and then just sat and looked at it. Ideal. From that moment on, she began brining more in than she was meant to be getting rid of. This wasn't just limited to mice either, we've had them all. Rats, moles, voles, rabbits, birds, stoats, and of course, Lucky the not-so-lucky mouse. Thankfully none of the bigger animals, even though there was potential to wake up one morning to find any of the following, pheasants, peacock, badger, fox, probably boar if she looked hard enough haha.
She was my little partner in crime and we used to capture that poor cat for hours on end, dressing her up, making her play with us. She used to get put into something on wheels and pushed around the room for a good 15 minutes, and I did wonder why she didn't get out when I stopped but I guess she was so dazed…
She had her nose pushed out at about the age of 10 or 11 when Jango and Jaster showed up, and she was no longer the only-cat. She used to sulk a lot and I'm sure I cried over how my child had thought I had abandoned her for two newer babies haha. She didn't have much more luck after that when Jaxon, Jenga, Fletcher and Charlotte all turned up too!
Still, she was the cat that made me love all cats. Such a character and you'll never meet another cat like her. A boring lump of fur at times, and I have permanent scars (all probably my own fault) where she's bitten and scratched me but what a little sweetie. I'm so very glad to have called her mine.
Jordanavia :)

No comments :
Post a Comment