Thursday, 11 August 2011

My Sad Ola Story!

Riots? Until a few days ago, this was the title of a good song! Now, it's turned into widespread violence throughout the UK! I'd just like to clear up any misconceptions. I live in Newcastle. This is about 300 miles away from London :) We're far too busy being mint, decent human beings up here to start looting shops for no reason, then expect to go shopping the next day, only to find you destroyed your city last night. Oops. Serves them right for only having 1 GCSE… I already have one and a half out of one and a half… And I haven't even got my proper results back yet.

I would have put a picture here, but my Dropbox has stopped working, so I can't get it off my phone. It's stuck there forever!!

And I was talking to my friend from Russia who is also an Ola fan today and she was telling me that I should try to ask Ola's manager to meet him again. I know she doesn't like doing meet ups and the last time I emailed her to meet him last October, she simply didn't reply. Of course, I know that her job is to protect Ola from his fans and in fairness, she doesn't know me, whereas she does know other fans better - well enough to know that they won't try to kill him. Obviously I wouldn't do that hahaha. I might strangle him when I give him a hug, but that would be purely accidental…
Still, it would be nice to see him finally. After about 3 years :( Pretty much everyone I now speak to from Olafamiljen has seen him live, whether they are Swedish, went to Sweden to see him, or saw him in Poland that time he went over. I've tried! I've really really tried! He has no August dates at the minute and I've been told he only has one coming up. Last year I was soooo close! You've no idea! I'll tell you the story in a minute. And it's so unfair because I can only go in school holidays, and the times Ola has dates which co-inside with my holidays are rare dates!

So last year, I went to Sweden the second last week in October, and I took my Macbook because I knew there was internet in the hotel and I needed it for something else I can't remember. But I kept checking Ola's website because he had a tendancy to put dates up very last minute. Literally only days beforehand. And I know Sweden is a big place and Norrköping, where we were staying wasn't a very big place compared to Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö…
I told Ola that I was staying in Norrköping, on these days, going home then, you know, 'would really love to see you at a signing, please please do one!' kind of thing. I could dig out the message I sent but that could take some time… Infact, I will…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There was this one first, obviously I was in Sweden at the time and just put it up in hope that he'd be like, 'Surprise!' But no such luck… then I put this one up…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You know, getting a bit more desperate now, maybe he'll put one up now that he's seen that I'm leaving on Wednesday. Maybe that was my problem with the first one. Of course 90% probable that he had already organised a date with Media Markt but, you know, perhaps he hadn't.
Then, I suddenly got a lot of Facebook messages:

'Jordan, Ola is in Norrköping on saturday :D

hope you're still there then, so you have the chance to meet him! :) ♥'

'I just saw that Ola is going to Norrköping on saturday, are you still there then? :)'

My heart sank to the bottom of the world, caught fire and burned to ashes. I had never been so disappointed in my life. Ola, my biggest idol, inspiration, role model etc was doing a show in the Media Markt we drove past on the way to the hotel. And thus drove past again on the way out, and I wasn't going to be there. I cried, naturally. We were only on budget Ryanair flights, (woo! go ryanair!) and I begged my mam and dad to let us stay those extra couple of days to see him. I can't remember the reason we couldn't stay, but it was definately a no. I feel like crying just writing this! I laid on my bed listening to the TV playing, Book of Love by Peter Gabriel.
I haven't played that song since I heard it in Sweden, and now putting it on again, I am actually crying… haha.
'And I, I love it when you sing to me, and you, you can sing me, anything' :'(

That episode of Scrubs was probably on, but I wasn't watching it :P

Apart from that, it was a great trip! Looking through the guestbook, I can't find a 'you did this on purpose' message. Clearly my grievance never suffered the anger stage… :) Luckily :P

Anyway, that was depressing! Hopefully I'll meet him this year and I'll cry on his shoulder until I'm peeled away :)

That was weird, a song has never made me cry like that… Mam, don't read this, I'm just being emo to my friends…
Of course, it's a sad song, and probably makes lots of people (married couples) cry, I'm not going to cry listening to Manboy or something am I?, but the only other song that's ever made my cry is the Titanic theme tune in year 5 when I was showing off to my friends saying that I could make myself cry by singing that song. I've never been the same since.

Anyway, people, copy that sad paragraph to Ola, and he shall take pity on me and invite me round for tea! And I shall tell him all about how he broke my heart.


Ooh, plus - I've just seen Kassem's new video, and it's basically just where he answers viewer questions from facebook, twitter, google +, you know, and he chose my question! And it's rudie… don't watch it all…


Obviously I'm not forcing you to watch it, but it does start at 4:54…


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment