Sunday, 4 September 2011

Sweden!

 So that's where I've been! Yeah - I went to Sweden! It was only for a day and a bit but it was sooo much fun!

We got the plane from Newcastle to Rygge, in Norway and the plane wasn't even half full. Maybe a quarter full. I had 3 seats to myself :) Then we drove from Rygge to Gothenburg, to our hotel. It was a nice hotel actually - despite some of the reviews we read :P


We went to town that night and had dinner in a nice restaurant. Actually, we ate outside! We don't even eat outside in England, it's too cold but in Sweden they think of everything. Blankets on the back of the chair if you want it and heat lamps! England just can't be bothered. Also, I had a pizza, with prawns on it? What's up with that? I know I asked for it, but prawns on a pizza? Really?
So anyway, that was Thursday. Friday was the full day. We got up super early and got ready then went out to where we looked around the day before, but in the day, and we went to the most awesome sweet shop I've ever been to. I can't remember what it's called but it's just down from the tourist information shop. And you'll recognise it because there's a little dwarf statue outside with an awkward nose ;)

Then we went on a boat trip along the river. I think it's a river. That was pretty cool - until the dude told us to get on the floor! I though there was some kind of natural disaster about to occur when everyone got off their seat and sat on the floor… it was actually because there was a low bridge coming up and we couldn't fit under the bridge with everyone sitting on the seats haha! The boat was only just low enough to fit under the bridge itself! 
After the boat trip we went on the big wheel. It's a bit like the London eye, except smaller. That was cool… we saw a playground on the roof haha! You get them in London because there's physically not enough space on the ground to put one there. It's the same with car parks. No space. 

That playground is there somewhere…


Then, we went back to the hotel to meet Katarina - the leader of the Street Team Sweden, and general overseer of all things Street Team. We talked for a bit then she took us to a nice little restaurant somewhere I have no idea. It was still around Backa but I've no clue where. Lunch was lovely, and then we took a picture. Someone needs to show Ola…


After that we went to Media Markt! I've always wanted to go to one for some reason, and so we did :) All the cool CD's were in this shop! It was so cool! Ola, Ulrik, Danny, Måns, Eric… They were all there - and I could pick them up and everything! You don't understand how cool that is for someone who buys everything over the internet and has a very distant relationship between the things I like and buy. For instance, I didn't buy Eric Saade's new album, but I've seen it online, but I'd never seen it for real. In Media Markt, I could look at it, but I could also pick it up and look at the CD inside, as well as the back cover and everything. You just can't do that over the internet. Anyway, we spent some time in there and my brother pointed out that they had iTunes cards. I'd totally forgot! I tried to buy a Swedish iTunes card online (again) a few months ago but had no luck. They weren't being sold anywhere. The only way I could get one was to go to Sweden and get one when I was there. Anyway, he remembered for me and now I have 150kr to spend in iTunes Sweden! Woo!
Then I bought a magazine, and I'm proud that I can read the articles without getting too stuck! There was one about Ulrik and Ola's picture is actually on the last page. Then we went across town to a place called Haga. I'm pretty sure it's the same Haga that is mentioned in Vart Ska Vi Sova I Natt - which is a great song! Haha.


And then we went around that little part of town, which was really nice. Plus there was a naughty statue of an ugly man. Anyway. Then we saw a sign for Max. Max is a very special place. We went there last October and both me and my brother agreed that it was the best place in the world to get a cheeseburger. We were so right. So we followed maps and sign posts to a place called Gamla Ullevi and finally found it! It really is the best place to get a cheeseburger. I don't know why MacDonalds still exists over there… 
So anyway, we walked out of Max, to find that we had walked about a million miles and were in the part of the town we had visited that morning! How could we have missed that Max sign!? It's rediculous - it was right there to the left and we didn't even see it :( So our car was ages away so we decided to get a tram back to it. That was fun haha. Trams are cool. So then we drove back to the hotel and woke up again at 6am to get back to Rygge for 11am :( Short trip but I had so much fun! Maybe October again?


In other news, I have none. My Ulrik prize hasn't come yet - maybe tomorrow. I have almost everything for school. That semi-starts on Tuesday. I only have to go in for the afternoon and it's not even a school day, I don't know what it's for. And then on Wednesday I go to Scotland for a few days with Sixth Form :'( Don't want to go! Nobody does actually haha! I'm such a traveller :) I don't have a bag yet, I hate my old one and I don't know what new one to get. With it being Emmanuel College it has to be a plain dark colour and have minimal logos on it :( So I'm kinda limited… I'll ask other people to see. 

Also, if you live in the UK, Ola is releasing All Over The World over here in October, and you can pre-order it on iTunes. It's only £1.79 for 8 tracks which is absolutely nothing really. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/preorder/all-over-the-world/id460925122

It supports Ola and it supports me :)

Also, in love with this song at the minute haha - and it's always on the radio! 



If only we could all have his accent :)

And here's a lovely picture of Ola from the days of Körslaget :')

Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment