Yes. December is cold. It's almost as if the sun or earth or whatever had only just realised and thought, 'Oh crap! It should be cold right now!' and suddenly switched from warmish to freezing cold!
The problem with these blogs are that I don't often read them back afterwards, so I never know where I got up to in my life on the last one… So I where was I?!
Ok, so we'll start with Tuesday / Friday / Monday. I have to mentor two y8 german students. Obviously, it's sort of because their teacher doesn't think they're up to scratch with all the work they're doing. I just have to help them out a little. I do this on a Tuesday break time in school and two Tuesdays ago, I went along and they weren't there. It's their duty to be there, and mine to be their too. But when they didn't turn up, I hated them! You know, I give up my break for them and they don't even bother to show up! Fuming. Not, but nearly. So the Tuesday after that, our pretty damn gorgeous exam invigilator was in (who also happens to be my tutor's son! :O ) This quite obviously distracted me and a few friends. 10 minutes before the end of break I suddenly remembered and ran to get my book, whacking my hand on a chair on the way, but as I thought it through, there was hardly any time and by the time I get up they will have realised that I wasn't coming and would have already left. I didn't go. On Friday, my second German teacher read out an email from my first German teacher which said someone hadn't turned up for their German mentor session and you know when you're guilty and you just look guilty? Yeah, that was totally me. I thought 'Ohhh, sssshhhoes.' She was all like 'oh, you always have to go to the session. It's your duty and it would be wrong if your teacher just didn't turn up to your lesson. It's just not on that you don't go to the sessions and I want everyone to write on this sheet the names of your partner(s) and when your session is.' Again, I went sooo red and just knew she was going to find out it was me. I've had more than my fair share of run ins with my German teachers and this was going to be another to add to the collection. But, she didn't hand round that sheet! I was semi-saved! This was the nice(r) German teacher who, I don't believe, has the heart to tell anyone off. I'm sure she could though, talking as if she's chewing a pillow and her club thumb… anyway :D
That was Friday. On Monday I had the less forgiving German teacher. The actual German one. Am I giving too much away? I knew she was going to bring it up at the start of the lesson, and debated staying off that day, just to avoid it. All weekend I was worrying about how she was going to absolutely rip my head off and kick it round the room. Those sleeeeeeepless niiights… (is that a song?) I was late to the lesson. Great. Step one of being the good student who just sits in the corner - failed. Then she started to talk about the mentoring. There's me just sitting there - with the most un-inconspicuous look on my face. She knowwwssss!! We had to write down their names and tutors on the sheet this time. Unfortunately, I hadn't a clue what mine were called, never mind what room they had tutor in!! But she was surprisingly less targeting than I had expected. She didn't single me out (for once) and made relatively little fuss over it! She doesn't knowww!!!! Yes! I survived. Ego intact.
Ok, then whaaat… Ah but yeeees. The kittens! I'm getting them on Saturday. Be prepared for about a million pictures of them.
I also ate a nice cookie in German today. Made by the German assistant. Who is from Austria. I know, confusing. But they were sooo nice! I'm going to make some. I believe they're called Linzer cookies, but I'll use the recipe without the tonne of nuts used in the pastry. I don't think I've made pastry before. Infact I know I haven't… don't lie Jordan. Maybe they'll be decent. We'll have to see.
We're getting our Christmas tree this weekend too hopefully! That's always a funny time. We always put the tree on the roof of the car, and tie it on. My dad always gives us the spare rope that is trapped in the door, and when I was little, I was scared to death because he always used to say that if I let go of that rope, the tree would fall off the roof! Traumatised! There's loads of those little stories about my parents traumatising me as a child. I'll start to tell more :P
But we usually always put the Christmas music on and decorate like it's 1999. It's hilarous because we used to have a set of red cherry lights. My mam hated those things with a passion! But now she's complaining she's bought me nothing for Christmas. You've known me for 17 years…
Remember this?
The problem with these blogs are that I don't often read them back afterwards, so I never know where I got up to in my life on the last one… So I where was I?!
Ok, so we'll start with Tuesday / Friday / Monday. I have to mentor two y8 german students. Obviously, it's sort of because their teacher doesn't think they're up to scratch with all the work they're doing. I just have to help them out a little. I do this on a Tuesday break time in school and two Tuesdays ago, I went along and they weren't there. It's their duty to be there, and mine to be their too. But when they didn't turn up, I hated them! You know, I give up my break for them and they don't even bother to show up! Fuming. Not, but nearly. So the Tuesday after that, our pretty damn gorgeous exam invigilator was in (who also happens to be my tutor's son! :O ) This quite obviously distracted me and a few friends. 10 minutes before the end of break I suddenly remembered and ran to get my book, whacking my hand on a chair on the way, but as I thought it through, there was hardly any time and by the time I get up they will have realised that I wasn't coming and would have already left. I didn't go. On Friday, my second German teacher read out an email from my first German teacher which said someone hadn't turned up for their German mentor session and you know when you're guilty and you just look guilty? Yeah, that was totally me. I thought 'Ohhh, sssshhhoes.' She was all like 'oh, you always have to go to the session. It's your duty and it would be wrong if your teacher just didn't turn up to your lesson. It's just not on that you don't go to the sessions and I want everyone to write on this sheet the names of your partner(s) and when your session is.' Again, I went sooo red and just knew she was going to find out it was me. I've had more than my fair share of run ins with my German teachers and this was going to be another to add to the collection. But, she didn't hand round that sheet! I was semi-saved! This was the nice(r) German teacher who, I don't believe, has the heart to tell anyone off. I'm sure she could though, talking as if she's chewing a pillow and her club thumb… anyway :D
That was Friday. On Monday I had the less forgiving German teacher. The actual German one. Am I giving too much away? I knew she was going to bring it up at the start of the lesson, and debated staying off that day, just to avoid it. All weekend I was worrying about how she was going to absolutely rip my head off and kick it round the room. Those sleeeeeeepless niiights… (is that a song?) I was late to the lesson. Great. Step one of being the good student who just sits in the corner - failed. Then she started to talk about the mentoring. There's me just sitting there - with the most un-inconspicuous look on my face. She knowwwssss!! We had to write down their names and tutors on the sheet this time. Unfortunately, I hadn't a clue what mine were called, never mind what room they had tutor in!! But she was surprisingly less targeting than I had expected. She didn't single me out (for once) and made relatively little fuss over it! She doesn't knowww!!!! Yes! I survived. Ego intact.
Ok, then whaaat… Ah but yeeees. The kittens! I'm getting them on Saturday. Be prepared for about a million pictures of them.
I also ate a nice cookie in German today. Made by the German assistant. Who is from Austria. I know, confusing. But they were sooo nice! I'm going to make some. I believe they're called Linzer cookies, but I'll use the recipe without the tonne of nuts used in the pastry. I don't think I've made pastry before. Infact I know I haven't… don't lie Jordan. Maybe they'll be decent. We'll have to see.
We're getting our Christmas tree this weekend too hopefully! That's always a funny time. We always put the tree on the roof of the car, and tie it on. My dad always gives us the spare rope that is trapped in the door, and when I was little, I was scared to death because he always used to say that if I let go of that rope, the tree would fall off the roof! Traumatised! There's loads of those little stories about my parents traumatising me as a child. I'll start to tell more :P
But we usually always put the Christmas music on and decorate like it's 1999. It's hilarous because we used to have a set of red cherry lights. My mam hated those things with a passion! But now she's complaining she's bought me nothing for Christmas. You've known me for 17 years…
Remember this?
Hahahaha aww…
And here are the inevitable cat pictures…
![]() |
| Lol at her FACE!! Looks like she's just sniffed a lemon… |
Jordanavia :)





No comments :
Post a Comment