Friday, 24 February 2012

Ola's Birthday Video!

100th BLOG POST!! 

Ok, ok, so soon I'll finally stop talking about all this birthday video stuff, but I've documented some of the process and have a couple pictures of what I sent to Ola etc…

So back in September, the conversation somehow lead to Ola, and his birthday in February. It was my dad that suggested doing a video for him for his birthday, and even though it was September and his birthday was half a year away, I still really liked the idea and we decided I should probably start straight away collecting videos and writing the script. I decided to try to follow a little story line, a bit like what I'd seen in adverts and stuff so that each person would say a line or two that would make a story when all the parts were put together. That actually took forever because just deciding how the script should play out was really hard. Half way through I thought maybe the scrip idea wasn't a good idea, because some of what I had written was like putting words in people's mouths. But I stuck through it and I finally got a finished script, and sent it to a few people I'd asked previously if they wanted to be a part of it. Of course, some people never responded to me about being in it, and I felt bad about leaving some people out, simply because there wasn't any space. I was really scared that the video was going to massively overrun, and get to, like 20 minutes long or something, so I limited what I wanted people to say. And of course, the script sometimes went out the window in some cases as people decided to say their own things or whatever, but now looking back, I'm glad they didn't stick to my scrip, and that they said their own thing, because it definately adds more character and feeling to the video :) Thanks guys! haha
So after a stressful few months of trying to collect everyone's videos in time, I finally got to work editing it in January (late, I know!) and this is what it looked like when it was finished!

Soooooo maaany subtitles! (They're the purple ones)
So I got finished and burned a disc! The master copy! Ahh!



I always find this things really cool because it's something that first started off as an idea, then it turned into a final cut file, and now I can actually hold a CD! I know now how singers feel when they produce their first single haha!
And then on Tuesday 14th February, I went to my mum and dad's work to print a design on the DVD and send it! So when I was there… this happened… 


It just hadn't worked properly at all! Me and my dad tried a couple of times but it just wouldn't work :( But then the guy that works down in the edit suite came back and fixed it for me haha! :D So this is what the final DVD looks like:

How pretty?!

Plus it has it's own little purple case! A classic example of an impuse buy…
There were five in the back and there was also a blue, green, red and clear one :) I thought Ola would appreciate the purple one :)

And here is the little note I sent to him, folded origamily into the shape of an envelope. I thought about doing a crane or one of those generic origami shapes, but you really need square paper to do it with, and this wasn't square. So it's a pretty envelope!
(It reminded me of the talking envelopes from Harry Potter, too)
And this is the box I sent it in:
It was just a little cardboard box that was CD shaped :) I loved it haha… And then I decided to decorate it :) Except I only had highlighters so the cake had to be orange hahaha! I have no idea how he opened it (I'd prefer not to know!) Because there was a line of sticky to keep it stuck down, but the only way to open it was to pull the bit with all the balloons up and out of the bottom part, but since that was stuck down, it was almost impossible to open.

So off it went! I sent it on the evening of Tuesday 14th February and played the waiting game. It's been absolutely killing me not being able to put up any details of it or anything because I wanted Ola to see it first.
But suddenly on Wednesday 22nd, the day before Ola's birthday it suddenly struck me that Therese (his manager) hadn't let me know if it had even reached her! She usually lets me know when my stuff gets there, but this time she didn't! So I send her a quick email and she replied to me the next day saying that she had in fact recieved it on Tuesday 21st and gave it to Ola that Wednesday. RELIEF!! I was absolutely panicking in case she hadn't got it yet, even though it had been a week. But I'm glad I did actually send it on the Tuesday because any later and he probably wouldn't have got it on his birthday!! 5 months for nothing haha!

But then I sent him a tweet saying happy birthday, did you watch my DVD? And about 2 or so hours later, this is what popped up on my screen:
How AWESOME is that?!?!
I could have died there and then! One, he had watched it. Two, he actually liked it! Omg!! The smile was uncontainable, seriously! :D Guess who's getting a song on the new album?! I kiiiid hahaha… But I at least deserve a tour date in Stockholm / Nyköping / Norrköping on a Saturday… I could actually go to that!!!
Actually, I think I've left it too long… I'd probably faint and ruin my whole day haha!

So theeeere :) That was Ola's birthday present from me, and the people in the video. If you haven't seen it yet, it's here:


This has to be the highest Doodle Jump score you have ever seen… Add me on Game Centre, I only have one friend - who is my brother! (Jordanavia) 
Plus I don't know why I never joined the chino revolution earlier… they're so cool! I got them to take away to Sweden but I'm wearing them every day until then! (Not really haha!) Although I am wearing them right now…

And the kittens… here is a funny picture of them:

Awwww…



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment