Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Sweden and Melodifestivalen 2012!

Apologies if you can hardly open this blog post… it appears I have included a lot of pictures…

I'm back! And I actually got there! It was AMAZING!!!!!! Absolutely the coolest weekend I've ever had! 
Here's what went down:

Friday night we drove up to Edinburgh to catch our flight :) I was the most stressed I've ever been all day worrying if we were going to get there on time, since it was quite a tight schedule. But we did and I managed to calm down a tiny bit…
But as you can see, I didn't calm down a lot…

We then drove from Skavsta to our hotel just ouside Södermalm. My favourite Stockholm island. And then we arrived playing Rix FM in our Volvo… So Swedish…

Us in our room :)
But then we had a problem. We brought over a lot of food from England and since we were hungry, we ate some of the chocolate orange mini rolls. But when you eat cake, you get thirsty. We had no cups. The hotel room didn't have any cups in the bathroom or anything, and we all needed a drink. We had to resort to using the tub the mini rolls came in as a giant cup, and somewhere along the way, it got the name The Cup of Dreams.

How sad is my top?! Achieving Excellence?!
But then we went to bed. It was about 1am.

The next day was Saturday (duh) and when it all started! We got up pretty early and had breakfast then went shopping. Wooo shopping! Not entirely sure where we went, but one of the places visited was Åhléns, which definately has to be one of my favourite shops haha! We have Fenwick over here, but there's no way I could get excited about going on a shopping trip to Fenwick! I now have pictures from both angles…

October 2010

March 2012

We then had lunch, where I nearly cried. Not because I was sad, or extremely happy, but because there was mustard in my sandwich! Ahhhuhuhu :'( I hate mustard!!! It was so spicy and it tastes disgusting! Bleugh…

After that we got the t-bana back to the hotel. I appear to have a love for Stockholm's t-bana… They're just so cool! Plus now I have an access card so I can take it back and charge it again to use the trains & busses (and ferry ;) )

t-bana times!
But we got ready to go out again on the night time and sat in our room for a little while, which I thought was strange because we didn't take very long to get ready. But suddenly my mam came in with her phone filming us and things all got a bit weird… I got asked where my phone was loads of times and soon after that, it rang… :S

I answered it and a man said:
Hello?
Hello?
So I replied hello and the voice said,
Hello, it's Ola speaking.
I. Could. Not. Believe. It. 
I was like Ola? And he said, Yeah, Ola! O, L, A! 
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! But what was I meant to say to that?! So I just said hi

See if you can watch this video. It's on my facebook, and it's set to Friends of Friends, so hopefully most people who read this can see it. It has the whole conversation on it, and a bit of my reaction at the end.

After that, I was a mess haha! How was I meant to go shopping after that?! I was even more of a wreck than stressing to catch the plane! I didn't know how much more I could actually take! Thanks Ola! And everyone who made it possible for him to RING ME!!

Ulrik, our little friend, was meant to be performing at Globen shopping at 4pm, but Ola's phone call was a little late so we didn't manage to get to see him, but we still went anyway and the start of the next act was beginning, and it was Youngblood! They are actually really cool, despite me being sceptical of them after their rehearsal audition. They sang Blame It On You, Play My Song and Youngblood. They were really good! I think we all fancy Henric and Oskar! :D Hi boys.


Meeting wor boys

My signed album!


When I got back to the hotel, I found Chris had added me on Facebook. How in the world he managed to track me down is beyond me, but…

We found an Eric poster. I am a creepy fan.

Then we went to Globen! Coooooolest place ever!! We got greeted at the door by a million freebies… Here's me with all my stuff…

This is what Globen looks like! Absolutely amazing!
Ulrik performing… he's so cute! 

Danny! <3
Our sign for Anton. He's so cute!! :D
Except I found that he's not single :'( 
Our sign for Danny :D I'm so proud of it haha!
And I still can't believe how snyyyggggg Anton is! :D Oj ;)

On the right ;)

I also think he's a Melodifestivalen house dancer… I could swear he danced for Eric's opening act! Oh yeah, Eric! WOW! We had NO idea that he'd be there! So exciting!!! He's a great little dancer! I want to be a dancer!!!

And then I bought this t-shirt for like 99kr haha… cheap as chips…



And then on Sunday we went to a different part of town for a little while before we had to get the flight home.

I'm actually having withdrawl symptoms. It's awful. My friends keep saying 'oh, you'll go back soon', but it's the coming back home that kills me. I hate it. Not to mention I am absolutely shattered. I can hardly think! I had to fill in my school free periods in a table today and I took like five minutes because the table was the other way round to what I'm used to and completely threw me. I keep trying to go to bed early but it's not working so far! I'll go now.


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment