I should be in bed. I am actually very tired and not doing myself any favours by staying up this late. But I couldn't resist this.
I was going to do some German homework (which I later decided not to do) and it's a weekly thing, so every week we're meant to hand in a piece of work saying something about how you listened to something German, and the vocab you got from it. I've done about 10 in the 30 or so weeks I've actually done A-level German because they're just so boring! I mean, watching a German news channel? Listening to German music? No thanks. It's just not something I'm interested in. Maybe if I wasn't so wrapped up in the world of Sweden, I might have had a slightly higher interest in actually doing the work. Besides, that blog post is for another day, but to illustrate a point. I actively enjoy avoiding doing these
Hörverständnisse to the point where I've been asked to do multiple Hörverständnisse for the following week (which I don't do… I play the teachers' awful memories and them being tied up with the younger years
to my advantage) So whilst looking for German sogns to write about (didn't find any), I happened to just flick over to the Swedish top 40 list instead.
Danny's second!!! …just so you know…
But I found that Timbuktu had a lot of songs, well, 3?, in the Swedish top 40, and we all know where Timbuktu's from! Only my most favourite place haha! Skåne :)
So I listened to a few of his songs, that I hadn't heard before, and a couple of my favourites, notably
Resten Av Ditt Liv and
Alla Vill Till Himmelen and just relied on my previous knowledge of Swedish language, accents and culture to understand that his Skånska is to die for! haha! I'm not sure if a beginner would pick it up, because I definitely didn't when I first started learning, but now listening to it, you can
so hear it in his jag's and på's haha! Which leads me to this: Why is
Lite Grann Från Ovan the first Swedish song I tried to learn?!?!?! I tried
sooo hard to learn that song this time around 3 or 4 years ago. I had absolutely no previous knowledge of Swedish at all and to just learn this rediculously broad Skånska song and take words from it to say in conversation was almost the complete opposite end of the spectrum to learn. What
was I thinking…
I think I still have a Skånska twang… or so I'm told. I don't think it's helped by Ola, Timbuktu, Eric Saade and probably others being born somewhere in Skåne, which is where the majority of my basic words came from, namely Ola and his videos / interviews on YouTube. No wonder a lot of them have been taken down, it's saving people from social suicide. Ola is a bad influence, guys ;P
I'm sure if you give me a lot of sugar I'll give you a rendition of Lite Grann Från Ovan and Flicka Talar Skånska or something… I'll do requests ;)
 |
Catching flies This is the first time they've been allowed outside on their own without their harnesses :) They just play in the garden haha |
 |
| Here's the little Christmas Eve kitten at the cattery :) This is the kitten everyone said was fat and ugly, but s/he actually had a really nice coat that looks a bit like Jango's :) |
 |
| This kitten never shuts up. Plus I don't know where it came from, and it had a friend too. But one week it was just, there. |
 |
| And loooooook! Katarina got it for me when Ola was in Jönköping, and the letter that went with it said 'Signed a couple of minutes before THE CALL :)' Thank you guys! Maaan, that was a crazy weekend… |
.jpg) |
| My Grandma's cat… playing Easter egg hunt… |
.jpg) |
| I don't like a lot of bugs, ladybirds included. But I think they're quite interesting to take macro pictures of. So in the interest of macro photography, I had one on my hand. Eewww… |
.jpg) |
| Clearly off riding… |
 |
| Superman cat! |
 |
| Plus, ten years after 90% of the population, we got Sky! Finally I get to watch decent TV (despite my dad not getting the Disney and Nickelodeon packages :'( Saaad…) |
 |
| So this was Scandipop on Dance Nation TV which I have been waiting to watch for MONTHS… And it was a good day because Eric was on with Hotter Than Fire. Crazy stuff maaan… |
 |
| Where it says måndag used to say Monday, and where it says idag used to say today :) I like to mix things up a bit at my school… after only getting 2 on the uniform scale (1 best, 4 worst) for having too trendy nail varnish! I was appalled! |
Oh yeah, and I had parents evening tonight. All my teachers slagged me off and said I'm too quiet. Yes. Screw you too. Hope you enjoy working out how much money you get per child you make feel useless and stupid. I hate schools.
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment