Sunday, 15 April 2012

Tillbaka!

Oui. I'm back. And do you know where I've been? Suffolk. That place with all those fields and famers, and the place Ed Sheeran grew up. I stayed with practically my whole family during the weekend for my grandad's birthday, then my parents left me with my grandad, and auntie and cousin from America. And then my Auntie left on Wednesday to go back home, so then it was just me and my cousin, but then I left yesterday, so now my grandad just has my cousin staying! It was fun to be a little independant of my parents for a while. Just gotta keep thinking to around 15 months time when I won't even be living at home anymore! :O That's not a very long time at all!! Ooh!



These pictures are from a place called Kentwell Hall which is basically a tourist attraction with a Tudor mansion and a farm. We actually saw a lamb being born (which was disgusting) and all the other hundreds of lambs running round. But inside the mansion are all these people dressed up. It just looked all fancy dress to me, as the 'smiths' in the grounds were making tools, and my grandad asked what one of them was making. He just replied quite plainly, 'Today I'm making a small axe'. Which was fine. Clearly they used small axes in Tudor times. But when we went into the house, there was a woman dressed up inside a darkened room with a couple of tapestries in it. She was asked why the room was darkened, and again she replied quite plainly, 'It's to stop the tapestries from being damaged by the light, I should think.' But then my grandad asked what year it was. Weird, I know, but she said, 'I should think it is around… urm, 15…23? Although I know not.' At this I was like, what did she just say? Then she said, 'I know not, for I am just a humble servant girl who has no care for the year.' Things then got pretty weird, and she said a couple more things that completely freaked me out. And as we walked through to the next room (top picture), a man was shouting really loudly 'SQUIRE! SQUIRE!' And a servant came running in to get him something. Like, EVERYONE was completely in character and there were even kids playing parts. They all sort of ignored the visitors and carried on eating all their food, which they probably had to do all day haha. None of them laughed and even when my grandad tried to throw them on a couple questions, they managed to answer them properly! One of the women was talking about why they don't use something in their cooking during winter, and she kept saying 'for it is much coin'. HAHA! I found that quite funny :P
Honestly, if you get the chance to pass Suffolk by, visit this weird place and get completely creeped out by all these Tudor actors haha, it's really funny!

Boy: What is this from?
Grandad: A swordfish.
Boy: No. There is no such thing as a swordfish… and there never shall be. This is a sawfish.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! The kid was about 16!

They also have a few random peacocks wandering around…

And also some tiny sheep! I think the ones in these pens were only about 2 - 3 days old…



BUT! For my grandads birthday, one of my aunties got him a book of pictures from our family sort of thing. I don't know when the first pictures are from, but it went right up to last summer, and so it has some pictures of me in it. Pictures I've never seen before. But, they are a little bit funny haha!

Hahahaha! I'm so glad my parents took this picture!


I don't know who I thought I was at the wee age of 3…
Should have been a dancer… ;)

There's that leg again, but this time I'm even younger!




Anyway, I always feel like people who post baby pictures of themselves are a little desperate haha! I'll leave it at those ones until someone shows me another picture I haven't seen before (which is very few!) I don't know why but I just don't enjoy two things; other peoples baby pictures and other peoples 'weird' dreams… I really don't care haha. However, baby cat pictures are alright! I need to find some of Jemima :D

I'm also just about to send my Danny letter! Got a hold of some Swedish stamps so I don't need an international response coupon :) Besides, I unfortunately think this Danny picture is possibly going to be the last one I send out, since I've got Ola's and Ulrik's, and soon Danny's. I did send Eric one, but after all that commotion about charging 1500kr for 'an autograph', I don't think he'll send one back, somehow.

Also also, I'm desperate to go to a Rix FM festival this year. Paaartly because Danny's a confirmed artist, but so is Loreen and Ulrik. I doubt I'd see them all at the same concert, but at least I'll see Danny. I'm also allowed to go to an Ola signing too! How good would that weekend be?! On par with the Melodifestivalen one! :D

Booootiful
Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment