Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Türkiye

For the last 10 days, I ran away to Turkey. It's a suuuper nice place, and apparently it was exceptionally hot this year, but according to my phone, it's only really been low 30's. It felt a LOT hotter than that. And whilst the landscape and scenery of Turkey is really pretty and unspoilt, I think the people of Turkey are possibly the most welcoming people I've ever come across, apart from Newcastle haha. However, despite them being welcoming, there were a few complete wackos, and their idea of driving isn't one many people should adopt. A couple of red lights seemed to not apply to several motorcyclists and they're keen on overtaking at speed. There was also the biggest language barrier we've ever had. Before arriving at the airport, I didn't even know Turkish was it's own language, so we knew no Turkish at all. My dad thought 'merhaba' meant good, but infact it means hello. I managed to find a little list of the standard set of hello, goodbye, good morning, good afternoon, thank you etc, and learnt a little. By a little, I mean how to say 'thanks' and 'bye'. We met two little kids who were the caretakers grandkids, and they must have been about 3 and 5, but they were super cute, and the only English they knew was hot and bye bye, which was sweet since we kept saying 'merhaba' to them, thinking it meant good…

We also did some trips… here we go. Boats. I have decided I don't like boats, so nobody ever take me on a surprise boat trip. We got on this massive boat to go on a 6 stop tour of some little islands and bays around where we were, and whilst everyone was getting on, it was pia rocking all over the place, like boats do. And as we were going along to the first and second stops, things got a little too rocky for my liking. There was no way I could have eaten my lunch on that ship, but what made it worse was that my mam ordered the fish, and out came a cooked fish. With eyes and everything. I think it's one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen, this shrivelled, barbecued fish eye. Bleugh. That kind of tipped me over the edge - it didn't end well. Let's spice it up a bit. On board were a few crew members. One of these crew members happened to look like a cross between Eric Saade and Alex Jafarzadeh:

Imagine…
Plus he wore a hat.
And on the way off the boat again, he left to go to help people off the boat… wearing a top. I go to get off the boat and oh god he's lost his top. I usually like to do things by myself, and don't take up oppertunities to hold peoples hands as I get down from things (where is this going…) but this was one hand help down I technically wasn't allowed to decline. He made me hold his hand. Awkward.
He was funny actually, all he did was either smoke or check his hair in a shiny surface…

I am the worst undercover photographer in the world. There is just a neon sign above my head saying 'I AM TAKING A PICUTRE RIGHT NOW'
I also met two cats. It was inevitable…






And then, as if I didn't hate boats enough, we went on another boat trip! But this one was alright because it was just a little boat, and had only 25 people on it, compared with around 100. The trip was to a place called Dalyan and we went to a mud bath, sulphur pool and a place with some turtles in it. The mud bath was actually pretty cool, if not a tiny bit weird.


You basically just got into a tiny pool of pure mud and rolled around in it to get covered in disgusting sulphury mud. I kind of didn't want to put mud in my hair, but the guide, Serkan or whatever he was called (affectionately Psycho I think) decided he would do it for me, saying to my dad 'If you did this, she'd kill you, but I'm allowed to - I'm the guide.'

That's George… not the guide…

And then we let it dry, then jumped into the lake to rinse it off… I opened my eyes in the water. I don't know what I was thinking…



And then got into a sulphur pool. The most disgusting place on earth. I hope you all know what sulphur smells like, you know that warm rotten egg smell? Well, we had to get into a 40°c pool of sulphur water. It was minging and smelly and too hot and eew.

Us and Sedat in the smelly pool
Sedat was the guy who took all of the pictures for us, since we were rolling in mud and then jumping in lakes. He did a really good job with his friend Sam (I think) and I don't even think the other boat trips at the same time as us had a camera man, so despite having to pay for the photographs, I don't think anyone wouldn't pay for them, since you couldn't have taken any yourself, especially of your whole family.
Also, one line of one chorus of one song comes to mind… Think Norlie & KKV.

And and, we went to a market. Fethiye market. It was a hot day under some canopies, and I was wearing a black top. Without being too disgusting, you could feel little beads of sweat running down your back, and down your legs hahaha.



I don't know…
 The market was really cool, and just full of fake stuff. Everything was fake, but it was so cheap and some stuff, you couldn't tell that it wasn't 'genuine'.
I bought a hoody for £10, not from the market, but from a little fake shop in a neighbouring town. It's Abercrombie & Fitch and when you look at it closely, yes it's obvious it's fake, but the label inside it is genuine. And actually, it was probably made in the same factory as the real ones, just one production line goes to the UK, and one goes to Turkey. I don't think there is going to be a fake factory somewhere, purely trying to be Arthur Slugworth in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, just sending in spies to steal their stitching patterns.

Hahaha! Work it out…

And also, here are some pictures from yesterday:



I went to get Jenga microchipped because he keeps running away haha. A family across the street keep letting him in and most likely feeding him bits of chicken or tuna or whatever, and he never comes home anymore. And yesterday, when he came home that one day a month or whatever, he had a plain red collar on. Which is really cheeky of someone, be it the family across the street or someone else, to put a collar on a cat they know is not theirs. They would have had to buy the collar, pick him up and put it on him. We took it off. I might put it on one of the other cats and get them to loose it up a tree or something haha.




I love Jaxon. Probably too much. He's just so cool!



Also, Ola looks nice in polo shirts…



And Anton just looks nice regardless…


He did a twitcam and I completely missed it because I was on holiday! :(
Hopefully he'll do another one…

Also,

372 hours! :D :D
I am too excited.

I hope you all watch our Ustream. I might do a test one, erm, tomorrow(?) when I'm with some friends, if not, Saturday night, when I'm with them again… just to make sure it works.

If you fancy getting prepared, my ustream account is here, and you can join whatever they're saying, is it a crowd on Ustream? I have no idea. I'll post on Twitter and Facebook before we go live so you'll know…



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment