Friday, 30 November 2012

Where's Jordan going for University?

Straight answer - it hasn't been decided yet. Sorry for getting all your hopes up.

But I've just sorted out my final list of potential places, and it got a little scary, considering one of these places I'm going to have to live in for the next 3 years…
I'm doing event management, at either Plymouth, Central Lancashire (I know, where?!), Sunderland, Chester or Hertfordshire. It's like, half an hour away, or 6 hours away. I'd seriously rather stay local, because then I can still visit friends who haven't moved away, who I'm probably going to miss immensely. Plymouth is a loooong way away :/ but their course is sooooo goooooooood!!

I also had a little moment of realisation the other night. I was sitting doing my German past paper and I realised, I'm really going to miss doing German. I don't remember my very first lesson, but I remember my 'first lessons'. They were with the teacher I have for A-level now, and me and my best friend used to sit together and laugh endlessly at the mouldy biscuits and cakes she used to bring in to demostrate Kekse and Kuchen. And the cartoon drawing of a little boy who we called Marty, and couldn't stop laughing at. And the baby clothes our teacher brought in to demonstrate Rock and Hose. Good times, maaan! But then GCSE was really intense, and pretty boring, and at the beginning of year 12, I remember sitting in the library, saying to my friends, 'I'm going to drop German. I just can't do it, it's too hard.' And struggling through the first November review (tests) and getting a D or something, and being really uninspired. Then as my love for Swedish grew uncontrollably, my pure hatred for German also grew, to a point when I just could not be bothered anymore, and being constantly surrounded by enthusiastic, overly-capable people didn't help. Until a few weeks ago, I never liked doing German. I don't honestly know what changed. Maybe the fact that I have less than 6 months left? Maybe it's just because year 13 is stupidly easy? I don't know, but I feel like it would actually be a waste of 6 years to just drop it like a stone at the earliest possibility, because I did that with French, and now look where that's at. All I can say is Je m'appelle Jordan. Je mange une tranche de pizza. And I'm not even sure that that's right. I'm going to miss it that much, I'm taking it along side my uni course. Event Management and German. Scary. Tell me that at the beginning of year 12 and I would have laughed in your face.

Tonight, I have the lovely task of correcting my personal statement, and making it more extrovert… because apparently it's not big-headed enough.


And it's so cold in my house. Like, unbeliiiiiiiievably cold. I'm sitting here under my duvet with two hoodies on, and I'm still cold. Another reason I like going to school (as if I need any more) is because it's so much warmer than my house haha! I can sit next to the radiator all day and it's fantastic.

Talking about things being fantastic, I was really cold on Wednesday night, and so since I had no homework, I went to bed at 7pm… to get warm. I ended up getting a headache from the light so I turned it off, and stayed in bed until 7am the next morning. I was BUZZING. I had never felt so good during the day as I did on Thursday. It was surreal. Don't worry, all of my friends knew that I had been asleep for 12 hours because I told them numerous times. BUT IT WAS AWESOME. I recommend you try it sometime. Set a day during the week to go to bed super early. Do it and feel reborn, I swear, you will.


Here is a picture I posted to Instagram this morning, that got ALL the likes:

It was through the icy car window, looking at the sunset and my phone just blew up with all the likes. I had to turn it off to stop it from disrupting assembly…

And here is Jaxon, with his hoody on, because it was cold…
How sweet ♥

And me and my brother in school… because we quite often have Instagram like battles, and post the same picture to see who's gets the most likes…

My picture - 7 likes
His picture - 20 likes
:(


frrrreakin love Instragram though :D




Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment