Friday, 28 December 2012

How was YOUR Christmas?

How was it? I had a nice time down in Suffolk with family, and despite a significant proportion of us being ill, we had a good few days.

On the way down, I let my brother watch Justin Bieber's DVD… my BROTHER was watching Justin Bieber. And he didn't like admitting it, but he loved it.






And on Christmas Eve… I have to tell you this story. My grandma sadly died in 2009, but she was a really keen and good baker. She used to make cakes, and puddings and everything, but she used to freeze them to keep them before eating them when family came round or whenever. On Christmas Eve, my grandad produced this giant mince pie that had been defrosting on the kitchen bench that day. He then proceeded to tell us that it was 6 years old. Six years old. That mince pie had been made when I was 12 years old. I had no words. Safe to say that it was the weirdest dinner I've ever had.

Funniest thing is, it still tasted absolutely fine!


I'm too old for stockings… but I still get one…


I uploaded this picture to Instagram on Christmas day:


And people were liking it, but I kind of felt bad, because this looks like I can play guitar. I also have this picture of me playing a ukulele…

August 2011

And they look like perfectly genuine pictures of me and my musical talents. But, I can't play guitar, or ukulele. I don't even know one chord. I can tune your guitar for you, but I have no hope of playing it. I might learn. Might.


And on Christmas day, we decided to play around with custard powder and fire. Which, according to my grandad, is highly flamable. We put this to the test, and the first few times we tried, the room got a nice coating of custard powder, but then, surprisingly with the right velocity, angle, temperature, pressure, Jupiter's alignment with the sun and various other crucial factors, it was flamable! Look, see…




And I've just gotten this text…

A little weird if you don't read the messages before it hahah…




I like this :)

But finally after like, 6 hours of driving, we got back home. I like the water better up here. It actually tastes funny down south. And I prefer the geordie accent…
Don't get me wrong, Suffolk is a lovely place. It's just somewhere that would be nice to retire to, rather than live your whole life in. I haven't been all that many times, maybe 30 times? But I have done just about everything there is to do there. There are a lot of nice green open spaces, and forest land, which would actually be nice to take pictures in just before dawn, when it's all misty… but apart from that and the coast line, there's nothing.
So now I'm a tiny bit worried about university, after seeing where Central Lancashire's campuses are haha. I've decided that Plymouth isn't central enough, and it's a long way from… everywhere. Hertfordshire is the closest to London actually, so that's probably a good place to look at, and Sunderland, which is central to Newcastle, which isn't particularly 'central', but it sort of is for me.

Throwback… erm, Friday?



Also, is it nearly time for a countdown?

I am beyond excited already. Like, soooo unbelievably even more excited than last year, even. But of course, the party don't start until we get on that plane! hastag stressssss





Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment