Friday, 11 January 2013

The Bads have outweighted the Goods!

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. What started off as a relatively good week has just fallen from the very peak of Mount Everest. I can't even explain the difference since Monday, to now.


Firstly, some good news. I got an offer from Plymouth University to do Events Management. This is good, because at least somewhere wants me. Only place so far, but still… I can technically go to university next year. Except I don't really want to go to Plymouth. Nice course and all, but it's like a million miles away - not just from home, but from any sort of civilisation. We always want what we don't have, and growing up practically in the idyllic rolling countryside, I want to live in the city. The very heart of a thriving city. I don't feel Plymouth will give me that. Plus me and a friend have decided to share a house together, with some other people, and I've kinda set myself on that now, providing I get a place from Sunderland.


Ok, so now for a little bit of bad news. I had exams all this week. The first week back to school and I've been sat in (only) 3 exams. 2hr45 for German, 2hr30 for English and 1hr45 for Business, and I have definitely had enough. They're not super hard exams, like, if I had done maybe a scrap of revision I would have found them 'easy', but even without tons of revision I found them alright. But they're just so boring, and uncomfortable! I sat on a hard blue chair designed to make you sit straight, for like, 3 hours :(
At least they're done now. Yay!



Ok, so now on to some super duper unbelievably sad news. Jessops has completely shut. Probably my favourite shop, actually, which in the very short space of less than around 3 months, I've come to love. Gutted. Gutted isn't even the word. There aren't even any rich business men anywhere who offered to buy it from them, because it just wasn't worth it. From a business perspective, I can understand why Peacocks and Comet shut - because they were just generic stores with a lot of competition and no USP, but Jessops is the only specialist highstreet camera shop, and had like 90% market share, after they bought a lot of the little camera stores… I do believe happened a while ago. I would totally buy like, one store and try and get it running again. Like, it would be called Jordans, not Jessops, and we'd be rolling in it, what with my bright ideas and amazing business expertise. I even had the Channel 4 documentary lined up… 'The eighteen year old that saved Jessops'. It would be a hit, I know. Anyone fancy being my business partner, we gon' take it to town, y'all…

So when I heard the news tonight that they weren't ever going to open again, my mam needed to buy something from there anyway, and we were going to go on Sunday to get it, but since they ceased trading today, we thought by running down there tonight we'd catch them. And cry, and sit on the floor and have a paddy, whilst locking ourselves to the displays. Wrong. They'd all gone home, and we were left to take pictures like tourists. I felt so embarrased…



So sad…

And so we consoled ourselves by stuffing our faces with mcdonalds…



Actually, I brought back a memory there… I remember walking past when it was getting moved from upstairs, to downstairs and I made a comment saying 'has Jessops closed? I thought they already had!' Gosh, how wrong I was.


Oh, actually there is some more happy news! I can go partying now! I finally got round to getting my provisional drivers license, and it's arrived. I actually have official ID I can carry round. Somehow there's a stigma attached to carrying your passport around… :/

Remember this toy?!

I love these kind of pictures haha


And so, if anyone's reading this, and feels sad… talk to me, and I'll send you this picture of a mouse with a cute little teddy, and you will instantly feel better about everything…





Actually, I bet it's a dead, stuffed pet rat hahaha… Ew… I remember reading this article once about a man who collected dead flies and put them in human situations, like riding a bike, and took a picture of them… I still feel a bit creepy… and if anyone calls you insane, talk to me, and I'll send you the article, and show you that you are certainly not insane, relatively.






Oh but wait, he's not the only one…



Aaaaaand, I've just found that he's Swedish… why does this not surprise me…


It's just straight up weird.





Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment