Saturday, 23 February 2013

Chapter 3: University

Let's see if I can write this in under half an hour… 7pm is Melodifestivalen time!


Today I went to an applicant day at Sunderland University to find out a bit more about my course and the university itself.
I'm doing events management and we talked to a few really useful people who were either lecturers or students for the events management course. And then we split off and went to a classroom, which is the most awkwardly British situation I've ever been in. A group of around 30 18 year olds who have never met before being sort of encouraged to meet eachother and interact… it just wasn't happening. But luckily the guys leading the presentation made it enjoyable, because they had interactive voting on their powerpoint, nicely made confidential hahaha.
Actually, I'd be studying on the sub-campus to the main one, which is really really tiny. There are only about 5 buildings, compared the the main campus which practically takes up the rest of the city. But we got a tour anyway, and it's a pretty nice uni actually. Not that I was expecting otherwise, but as far as educational establishments go… I'm pretty sure the near enough £8000 fees make it like that.
It'll be my first choice, but I'm not too keen on Sunderlands offer of 'nightlife', so I'm living in Newcastle. Newcastle all the way. A guy we spoke to said that loads of students would rather miss nights out in Sunderland to save for a night out in Newcastle hahaha. Sweet.

The reason I want to do events management? I'm pretty sure the real reason is because I have an obsessive love of wearing lanyards. Lanyards and nametags really make my life worth living. I mean, just look at the Melodifestivalen lanyards! Clearly the bigger the lanyard the more important the event, right?! But no, I like the behind the scenes element of things like that. I like getting to the venue early because there is a eerie quiet to the place, as in the calm before the storm. Yet in the quiet there is a huge buzz and you breathe in the excitement. The fact that the last few months has come down to the next hour and a half, and if everything goes right, you made that event happen. It was yours. I think that sounds cool enough.



Just on the Melodifestivalen note, all of the songs come out at the end of tonights show, and sooommmeeeeonnneee isn't going to have a lot of money left on their iTunes card at the end of it… There are so many good ones this year, now I think of it…
And tonight we're making our sign… we WILL be on TV…

Oh, and remember State of Drama? I stalked down the singer, and told him we were fans…

We kind of are, since his song was good, and he was cute (actually, he looked like Peter from Sons of Midnight, and also someone in the year below me at school hahaha) and we're seeing him at the final… so, ya know…


Let me also just confirm how crazy I am, since I like to dress the kitten up in hoodies and take him outside on walks…

It's still too big for him…




Awesome, we managed… now off to watch Ulrik! Yay Ulrik! 
And also Behrang Miri with Jalla Dansa Sawa… I hope those two get to the final!
Propa love a bit of Swedish rap… Hi Kim!


How adorable! I love him!


Woooo!



Jordananvia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment