Monday, 8 April 2013

a trip to the beach

How hipster was that title… not using any punctuation at all.

I went to the beach with some friends yesterday, and it would have been awesome if it wasn't so cold. It was freezing, and windy, and I wore fewer clothes than I had needed to. So we got the Metro to Tynemouth, and totally went the long way round. But for £4.40, I'd expected a decent amount of travelling for my money.

From the next set of photos, you'll be able to tell that we may have a slight addiction to selfies…



And on the way to the beach, which was in fact Longsands, we saw a few kids carrying windmills, and we wanted one too. So here is a classic example of an impulse purchase… it was only 80p!




And it worked really well, because it was super windy!

But it was really cold and we couldn't deal with it, so me and my friend went to buy some chips and sit in a little café that wasn't exposed to the elements, and we must have been in there for at least half an hour, but our other friends didn't seem bothered that we were gone because they were playing catch haha. I would have joined in, but it was too cold. So we decided to go home without them :P

And at this moment, I worked out that I had been on the t-bana more than I had been on the Metro. And it's not surprising why, for a multitude of reasons…

My friend's dad gave us a lift home from town, but we had a little while to spare whilst we waited for him… and you all know what's in town!..


Oh yes… there is a Jessops in town. It's huge. I've never actually been in that one, since it moved from down the road recently.
It's sad seeing it all closed, but we're not too bothered if this one doesn't open… if you know what I mean ;) All that's important is that our favourite Jessops is in the metro centre and that one is… getting some attention…
But how sad, we go around taking pictures of Jessops stores. It's almost as bad as going on a Pressbyrån tour of Gothenburg. I don't really care though, I'll do what I want and I'll have fun doing it. We would have regretted it forevermore not doing half the stuff we've done, and it's always funny when you look back at it. Harmless, weird, slightly creepy fun haha.


We also went for a friends birthday meal on Friday. It was really nice, but that restaurant is really dark, and it was really loud. But a fun night nonetheless.

I need an iPhone 5 selfie camera haha






I didn't take a photo of my outfit, because I'm wearing the same thing on Wednesday, without one single… care. On Wednesday, I'll post that picture, since I'm out at another meal then.
I love holidays. This first week has seemed to go on forever since I've hardly been in the house… which is a great thing…

Oh yeah! We went house hunting too! I'm moving out soon to go to uni, so we were looking for flats, and we've found some nice ones I'd be happy to live it. How scary. Here is the saddo part, there was an oldskool Jessops bag in one of the flats, as in, one of the blue ones with the dandelion clock on it. I need to simmer doon. Unfortunately the bag does not come with the flat, but we found another nice place that would be nice for me.
On the way back, we popped into a store to buy a clock radio… as you do, and saw the guy people who read this blog will know as Canon guy. He saw me, but I doubt he recognised me… although I recognised him all too well. Awks.


I've also downloaded Mountain Lion for my mac, and I think I like it. It's hard to reform habits with the trackpad, by swiping different ways for the same action. But it's a lot faster and seems to work a lot better. I also have iMessage on my mac now, so I don't even need my phone to send texts… it's the future!


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment