Well if you think flying a kite is like this:
You are severely mistaken.
We went up to Druridge Bay in Northumberland with our kite, and it was really really windy. Like, our kite is a training kite for before you move up to the ones where you have a tether around your waist and wheels / surf board under your feet, and so it's stupidly powerful.
To start with my dad had a hold of me because guess what, I weigh as much as a dried leaf and so it would have had me away. And after a while of it constantly trying to uproot you, your arms get tired, and so my mam had a go, and my dad did too, and they're both heavier but even they were being dragged around this beach.
The worst part is when you launch it because it goes from nothing to a gazillion Newtons of force in like 2 seconds, so I decided to launch it lying down, and that worked a lot better.
I can't upload any other videos or any videos with better quality because Blogger is hopeless at video.
So yeah… that hurt. I really hurt my chest, and also my hip. I was absolutely covered in sand too haha. So after I dusted the sand off my face and got up, that familiar washed out vision and ringing ears started haha, but I only got up to sit somewhere out the way so I could take the mountains of sand out of my shoes. Sand down my top, sand down my jeans, sand in my hair, sand in my mouth, sand in my eyebrows even hahaha. But also a couple of bruised ribs. Kite flying is dangerous haha.
In other news,
Pansar:
Face it, they're just amazing :D
Jordanavia :)
You are severely mistaken.
We went up to Druridge Bay in Northumberland with our kite, and it was really really windy. Like, our kite is a training kite for before you move up to the ones where you have a tether around your waist and wheels / surf board under your feet, and so it's stupidly powerful.
To start with my dad had a hold of me because guess what, I weigh as much as a dried leaf and so it would have had me away. And after a while of it constantly trying to uproot you, your arms get tired, and so my mam had a go, and my dad did too, and they're both heavier but even they were being dragged around this beach.
The worst part is when you launch it because it goes from nothing to a gazillion Newtons of force in like 2 seconds, so I decided to launch it lying down, and that worked a lot better.
I can't upload any other videos or any videos with better quality because Blogger is hopeless at video.
So yeah… that hurt. I really hurt my chest, and also my hip. I was absolutely covered in sand too haha. So after I dusted the sand off my face and got up, that familiar washed out vision and ringing ears started haha, but I only got up to sit somewhere out the way so I could take the mountains of sand out of my shoes. Sand down my top, sand down my jeans, sand in my hair, sand in my mouth, sand in my eyebrows even hahaha. But also a couple of bruised ribs. Kite flying is dangerous haha.
In other news,
| Here's a cow that had massive horns. |
| And we had a picnic on the beach |
And we saw a seal, except we thought that it was a fake seal put out by the tourist board to make people think they've seen loads of wildlife and therefore come back.
| Bubbles. |
| And he stood in paint hahahaha |
| Throwback Tuesday, to when I was a cleaning lady. Look at that jumper, it looks like it would probably still fit me… |
I was nearly jetting off to Sweden this weekend, because of a certain person doing a very late-announced televised performance. Flights were cheap enough, but I would have been going on my own, and I didn't have anywhere to stay in Stockholm etc etc… So sad :(
But to cheer me up, I have Kim Vadenhag's intstagram, and the norliekkv hashtag :)
I'm desperate to see them again, especially after their new album. I think they've just about finished their summer gigs, so maybe if there are any autumn ones…… :) :) I'm pretty sure the student loan can stretch to a Norlie & KKV gig, right?!
And they also performd a couple of their new songs on Nyhetsmorgon the other day, and because they're on TV4, they won't be up forever…
Snart:
Snart:
Faller:
Pansar:
Face it, they're just amazing :D
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment