I've never done one of these before, but I felt I should because their audience at the minute is quite limited.
I have friends who listen (and even sing along!) to Norlie & KKV songs, with a Swedish vocabulary of just hej and tack. I'm not completely fluent in Swedish by any means, but I understand their songs and there's no shame in using Google translate for a few words here and there! I think everyone should give Swedish music a listen, because unlike German, Swedish words actually work well in songs! Especially Norlie & KKV, who really bring the Swedish language to life in their songs.
Only 5 of the 11 tracks on Snart are brand new. But this is not a CD of album tracks (you know the ones, the songs that would collapse and shrivel as singles), but instead contains 11 high quality tracks.
Pink links are clickable.
1. Snart.
An instantly likeable song that could easily be their next single. It's clear why they chose this as their album title, which means soon. Classic Norlie & KKV style that starts with Kim, then goes to a chorus then the second verse is taken by Sonny with rap. (Can you call it rap?) The song deals with moving out of your hometown, where you did everything for the first time (Kim talks about smoking for the first time, his first fight, first time he broke the law… haha) Perhaps not the most music video friendly song, but I can imagine it to be played on the radio a lot. 8/10 (I think I'm going to be generous with this whole album haha)
2. Pansar.
There are two styles of Norlie & KKV songs. Upbeat and poppy, and serious and deep & meaningful. This is definitely the latter. Well actually, this is about a girl who's too different to make the relationship work, and wants to end it, but only for a day before she wants back in. I'm pretty sure we all know someone like this. And when I was talking about bringing the Swedish language to life with deep lyrics… 'Hon har laddat sin pistol, Men jag har iskall pansar i mitt blod' 'She's loaded her gun, But I have icy armour in my blood'. Like, whaaat?! That might take a while to work out what's actually meant. I'd also quite like to see a music video for this if it ever became a single. 7/10
3. När Jag Går Ner.
An old favourite for everyone, I believe. Definitely one of the songs I found first last year and possibly the tipping point between liking their music and falling in love with it. It is just the epitome of Norlie & KKV, talking about what Kim and Sonny talk about best - difficult girls. This one just wants more and more, and whatever she gets is never good enough, in a very simplified version. You may Google translate 'När jag går ner, ber du om mer' for yourself. 10/10, I have to.
4. Faller.
Not my favourite, since it's very similar-sounding to mass produced pop music - yes, this is one of the upbeat songs. But I do quite like the middle 8 of this one. Basically, all this song is about is dancing until you can no longer stand, having a good time and forgetting all of your problems. It's also actually awesome live, since they've been doing it for interviews recently. 6/10
5. Aldrig.
At a very short 2:27, a lot is actually packed into this deep, sad song. It's called 'Never' in English but there is not much music to it, and it's very different to anything else they've done. It shows a completely different side to them both, and their voices change dramatically to match the tone of the song. It's very raw, and deals with the emotions very shortly after a breakup. Wanting to go back to her house but freezing just outside of the front door, not getting any second chances from her, and getting the train to somewhere but going back as soon as you get there? I guess break ups do funny things to Kim & Sonny. I really like this though, it's different yet likeable. 7/10
6. Hon vill vara du.
This is just a really weird song, and again not very 'musical'. It's just really strange. I'm hoping the video explains it the way the song is written, because it's a little complicated. There is a girl who I'm guessing is possibly an ex-girlfriend, who is at the same club as the boys, watching them kiss other girls. She want's to be the other girl (song title) because although they broke up, she still wants to be together, and it seems the only way to get rid of the new girl is to crash her car into the both of them. As in, if you don't have me, you won't have anyone, sort of thing. Weird. 7/10
7. Tröjan Du Hatar.
I really like this one. Is it any wonder, it's awesome. It seems this is a bit of a crossover song, because although it's about a crazy girl in a messed up relationship, it's upbeat. Yes, it's about how Kim (I always imagine all of these songs are written about Kim) is tired of his lady pissing him off, so he cuts up her bedsheets, burns her pictures and throws all of her clothes from his apartment onto the street. This is a serious break up. And of course the famous line is that he walks around for days in the tshirt the she hates, ah ah ah. 9/10
8. Soldat.
My favourite from the entire album I think. Very upbeat with a catchy pre-chorus and chorus. This song is more 'I am my own person and I will move forward and forget about everyone else, concentrating on myself'. The song's title means soldier, and the chorus talks about having always wanted to be a soldier, and if you doubt it, then he'll kill today… like, perhaps there is a different, less literal translation for that, since it doesn't make a lot of sense, but if you don't speak Swedish at all, this is nothing to worry about, haha. Just enjoy the melodies… 9/10
9. Där jag hänger min hatt.
First Norlie & KKV song I listened to. And when I was talking about having friends sing Norlie & KKV songs, this is the one I was talking about. Everyone I've played it to seemed to really like it, despite not having much of an idea what it's about. Definitely a very summery song with quite a light-hearted message about being drunk, finding a nice girl at a festival, but then losing her in the crowd haha. Actually, I think he finds her again, and she is clearly wife material if he's to 'hang his hat up at her home'. It was actually released last year, but undoubtedly it's their most popular single so far, and one of my favourites. 9/10
10. Nej.
Another previously released single which was good, but not stunning. The wacko girl returns, texting Kim that she's lonely in bed when she's really partying on down with other men in the club. The song's really just about a girl who tries to make him want her back, but he's not interested since she brought it all upon herself, and he says 'nej' (no). Quite typical Norlie & KKV, really haha. Still quite nice Swedish rap though. 6/10
11. Imorgon kommer aldrig bli som igår.
New song to the album, which is heavy on the tribal drums, whatever they're called. Loreen uses them in We got the power, I think. They sound nothing like each other, but I instantly made the link in my head, I'm not sure why. The middle 8 is very different to the rest of the song, but that's a recurring theme of the album. The song basically deals with firstly remembering the good old days of childhood, and then the chorus is about meeting friends in town instead, and being young again. Somewhere along the line they talk about 'tomorrow never being the same as yesterday' (song title), and the fact that they'll get there, they'll get to the top, but just wait… 7/10
So there you have Snart. I am particularly impressed with the fact that I like every song on the album. That very rarely happens, even with Ola. Norlie & KKV and the rest of their songwriters, producers, instrument players and friends have done an excellent job on a debut album. Congratulations, and parties are well deserved. I'd actually give the whole album a 8.5/10 :)
If you want to the album and live in Sweden, you lucky guys can listen to it on Spotify.
If you live in England, or anywhere else in Europe, I'd suggest either CDON or The Scandipop store.
If you live outside of Europe, you can get it from Bengans, who deliver worldwide from Sweden.
Jordanavia :)
I have friends who listen (and even sing along!) to Norlie & KKV songs, with a Swedish vocabulary of just hej and tack. I'm not completely fluent in Swedish by any means, but I understand their songs and there's no shame in using Google translate for a few words here and there! I think everyone should give Swedish music a listen, because unlike German, Swedish words actually work well in songs! Especially Norlie & KKV, who really bring the Swedish language to life in their songs.
Only 5 of the 11 tracks on Snart are brand new. But this is not a CD of album tracks (you know the ones, the songs that would collapse and shrivel as singles), but instead contains 11 high quality tracks.
![]() |
| Signed, yaaay! |
1. Snart.
An instantly likeable song that could easily be their next single. It's clear why they chose this as their album title, which means soon. Classic Norlie & KKV style that starts with Kim, then goes to a chorus then the second verse is taken by Sonny with rap. (Can you call it rap?) The song deals with moving out of your hometown, where you did everything for the first time (Kim talks about smoking for the first time, his first fight, first time he broke the law… haha) Perhaps not the most music video friendly song, but I can imagine it to be played on the radio a lot. 8/10 (I think I'm going to be generous with this whole album haha)
2. Pansar.
There are two styles of Norlie & KKV songs. Upbeat and poppy, and serious and deep & meaningful. This is definitely the latter. Well actually, this is about a girl who's too different to make the relationship work, and wants to end it, but only for a day before she wants back in. I'm pretty sure we all know someone like this. And when I was talking about bringing the Swedish language to life with deep lyrics… 'Hon har laddat sin pistol, Men jag har iskall pansar i mitt blod' 'She's loaded her gun, But I have icy armour in my blood'. Like, whaaat?! That might take a while to work out what's actually meant. I'd also quite like to see a music video for this if it ever became a single. 7/10
| Obviously going downstairs… |
An old favourite for everyone, I believe. Definitely one of the songs I found first last year and possibly the tipping point between liking their music and falling in love with it. It is just the epitome of Norlie & KKV, talking about what Kim and Sonny talk about best - difficult girls. This one just wants more and more, and whatever she gets is never good enough, in a very simplified version. You may Google translate 'När jag går ner, ber du om mer' for yourself. 10/10, I have to.
Not my favourite, since it's very similar-sounding to mass produced pop music - yes, this is one of the upbeat songs. But I do quite like the middle 8 of this one. Basically, all this song is about is dancing until you can no longer stand, having a good time and forgetting all of your problems. It's also actually awesome live, since they've been doing it for interviews recently. 6/10
5. Aldrig.
At a very short 2:27, a lot is actually packed into this deep, sad song. It's called 'Never' in English but there is not much music to it, and it's very different to anything else they've done. It shows a completely different side to them both, and their voices change dramatically to match the tone of the song. It's very raw, and deals with the emotions very shortly after a breakup. Wanting to go back to her house but freezing just outside of the front door, not getting any second chances from her, and getting the train to somewhere but going back as soon as you get there? I guess break ups do funny things to Kim & Sonny. I really like this though, it's different yet likeable. 7/10
6. Hon vill vara du.This is just a really weird song, and again not very 'musical'. It's just really strange. I'm hoping the video explains it the way the song is written, because it's a little complicated. There is a girl who I'm guessing is possibly an ex-girlfriend, who is at the same club as the boys, watching them kiss other girls. She want's to be the other girl (song title) because although they broke up, she still wants to be together, and it seems the only way to get rid of the new girl is to crash her car into the both of them. As in, if you don't have me, you won't have anyone, sort of thing. Weird. 7/10
7. Tröjan Du Hatar.I really like this one. Is it any wonder, it's awesome. It seems this is a bit of a crossover song, because although it's about a crazy girl in a messed up relationship, it's upbeat. Yes, it's about how Kim (I always imagine all of these songs are written about Kim) is tired of his lady pissing him off, so he cuts up her bedsheets, burns her pictures and throws all of her clothes from his apartment onto the street. This is a serious break up. And of course the famous line is that he walks around for days in the tshirt the she hates, ah ah ah. 9/10
8. Soldat.
My favourite from the entire album I think. Very upbeat with a catchy pre-chorus and chorus. This song is more 'I am my own person and I will move forward and forget about everyone else, concentrating on myself'. The song's title means soldier, and the chorus talks about having always wanted to be a soldier, and if you doubt it, then he'll kill today… like, perhaps there is a different, less literal translation for that, since it doesn't make a lot of sense, but if you don't speak Swedish at all, this is nothing to worry about, haha. Just enjoy the melodies… 9/10
First Norlie & KKV song I listened to. And when I was talking about having friends sing Norlie & KKV songs, this is the one I was talking about. Everyone I've played it to seemed to really like it, despite not having much of an idea what it's about. Definitely a very summery song with quite a light-hearted message about being drunk, finding a nice girl at a festival, but then losing her in the crowd haha. Actually, I think he finds her again, and she is clearly wife material if he's to 'hang his hat up at her home'. It was actually released last year, but undoubtedly it's their most popular single so far, and one of my favourites. 9/10
Another previously released single which was good, but not stunning. The wacko girl returns, texting Kim that she's lonely in bed when she's really partying on down with other men in the club. The song's really just about a girl who tries to make him want her back, but he's not interested since she brought it all upon herself, and he says 'nej' (no). Quite typical Norlie & KKV, really haha. Still quite nice Swedish rap though. 6/10
11. Imorgon kommer aldrig bli som igår.
New song to the album, which is heavy on the tribal drums, whatever they're called. Loreen uses them in We got the power, I think. They sound nothing like each other, but I instantly made the link in my head, I'm not sure why. The middle 8 is very different to the rest of the song, but that's a recurring theme of the album. The song basically deals with firstly remembering the good old days of childhood, and then the chorus is about meeting friends in town instead, and being young again. Somewhere along the line they talk about 'tomorrow never being the same as yesterday' (song title), and the fact that they'll get there, they'll get to the top, but just wait… 7/10
So there you have Snart. I am particularly impressed with the fact that I like every song on the album. That very rarely happens, even with Ola. Norlie & KKV and the rest of their songwriters, producers, instrument players and friends have done an excellent job on a debut album. Congratulations, and parties are well deserved. I'd actually give the whole album a 8.5/10 :)
If you want to the album and live in Sweden, you lucky guys can listen to it on Spotify.
If you live in England, or anywhere else in Europe, I'd suggest either CDON or The Scandipop store.
If you live outside of Europe, you can get it from Bengans, who deliver worldwide from Sweden.
Jordanavia :)


Great post!
ReplyDeleteI discovered Norlie&KKV a couple of months ago, but I didn't really feel that curious about their music. Today I came across the "Snart" album, and I gave it a try... All I can say: magnificent. I think I'll order it from CDON, they have almost everything! :)
Greetings from Spain!