Saturday, 21 September 2013

I survived my first week at university!

Oh, so that's why I've been quiet…

Actually, last week had a fairly traumatic end, since I decided I no longer wanted to move out. I was going to move into my own flat in Heaton, but something stopped us and so like, two days before I was due to start freshers week, I had nowhere to live. But we actually went down the the university on the weekend and asked if there were any spare rooms, and I felt like Mary and Joseph haha. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon I actually had somewhere to live, and actually, it's a very nice little room in University halls.


 It looks like a doctors waiting room to start with, but actually since I've moved in, it doesn't look that bad anymore. I'm still busy moving stuff in, and this weekend I'm taking all of my pictures and posters down, so it will be my room :)

And here is my wonderful view of the river! Straight opposite is my campus, and it's tempting to buy a rowing boat to get there on a morning haha

Ola is the only picture I have up at the moment haha

But guess who's coming with meeeee!

Our beautiful Kim
Ja, det säger Ögongodis på toppen och det är HELT sant haha. Hej du, du är snygg. Vad, du redan vet? Åh, du är Kim.


All the rest can stay, but I'm taking Kim with me haha. That leaves a horrible gap in my 'old' room, but at least he'll be with me, and we can be together foreverrr! hahahaha, oh wow.


So after having never lived on my own before, ever, I now live completely on my own permanently haha. Well not permanently, because I'm currently at home writing this, and I am for the rest of the weekend, but during the week I retire to my single residence, where I have my very own bathroom, which is more than I had at home, so I guess that's a bonus haha.

Freshers wristband! I love wristbands. Wristbands and lanyards are my most favourite things in the world.


First day at uni I tried to play it cool, by doing what other people were doing, which was trying to play it cool too, despite us all having no idea what we're doing. So I sat on some steps and took like 10 minutes to finalise exactly where I was going. And when I got to my 'classroom' I sat next to some people who turn out to be really nice people. I've never really known if I'm any good at making friends, since I've had the same set of friends for 7 years, and kept them, so I guess that is plus one point. But then again I didn't really have any proper 'friends' until year 8, so that's kind of minus one point.
So when I sat down, I just was myself (I hate saying that, 'awh my gawd I was just myself and everything turned out perfect!' No.)  It's funny making friends with people online before you meet them though, because I thought I'd get on really well with one person but the groups haven't formed like that and I've never really spoken to them, however there are people I'd never seen before in my life that I know I'm going to get along well with for the next three years, and after that even.

Day one of university, we made balloon sculptures. I pay £7800 in tuition fees, so for that one day, it cost me £21.36 to make a balloon sculpture. £21.36 I have to work at least half a day for to make back. How ridiculous. Day two of university, we did a quiz. Day three, we did a treasure hunt around Sunderland. Day four & five, I was off. So basically, this week has been a cop out, and in many ways reminds me of sixth form, only better.

And talking about living alone, I now have to cook for myself. This is something I rarely had to do, however now it will be a daily struggle thaang. First night, I made pasta, and baked it in the oven and everything. That night, I found out that there is such a thing as too much cheese, and it wasn't overly delicious. But I didn't expect much from myself, so…
Second night, beans and sausages on toast. This would have been great, if I didn't have a mouldy loaf of bread, or if I had a cheese grater for my cheese. But, I did it myself, and despite it only being beans on toast, I was very proud. I didn't take a picture because my housemates don't know me well enough yet haha.


Here is a hilarious story, for myself anyway. On Thursday night it was our faculty's night out at Revolution (affectionately known as Revs) in Sunderland, and I walked up with a friend from my course who lives effectively 'next door'. Cocktails were two for one, and so I got the 'free' cocktail, and we headed upstairs to meet everyone. However, these cocktails were SO STRONG and after one and a sip of my second, I couldn't barely stand up haha. I was so embarrassed - one cocktail and I was away. In the end I found out that they were treble measures, but still… I'm a cheap date ;)

I'm not used to not taking any pictures! It feels horrible! Next week I'll have to make up for it. Plus I get Fridays off innit, so I get to do what I want on a Friday… with a free travel pass too, so I get to go where I like too. Metrocentre then…

I'm there on Wednesday! It's a 'student lock in / takeover' which just means you get a lot of discounts off shops. We're not really going for the shopping, we're going because it's the metrocentre, and you also get wristbands (or so I was promised)…

I miss this shop :( I miss the one in the metro more though! :/



My mam made this:
Which is my first day of life, primary school, secondary school, sixth form and uni.
Haha, aww, I still remember having the primary school picture taken, because that is a little elephant toy in my hand.
I like where I am now though, thank you… sixth form was a wobbly ride.


iOS 7 anyone? This week is one of the weeks I am glad not to have gotten a job there haha. But still, if an opportunity comes around again, I'll still work there!
I like iOS 7 though. It's a little slow on my iPhone 4S but it still works, so… I might save up for a iPhone 5S, because I have a student loan now haha.


Oh also, I thought since this blog post might have a slightly different audience, because of a new circle I'm part of, here are some things about me:

1. My name is Jordan, but not Avia.

2. I really like Sweden, a lot. I taught myself Swedish but no, I am not Swedish.

3. I competed nationally at trampolining when I was about 9. 

4. I really like photography, and I have a Canon 60D with various lenses. I also like disposable cameras, and destroying them. 

5. My biggest love has to be Ola, and I run his UK Street Team. I owe my life to that guy, but have never met him. 

6. I love festivals and music events, and being somewhere where everyone in the crowd knows the words to my favourite song.

7. I'd rather buy an experience than an object, and many of my most precious items are inexpensive or free.

8.  I think a lot about metacognition, and think about a lot of abstract concepts, like how completely dark it is inside your body, or if there's a set number of words you will speak in your life time that nobody will ever know the number to, yet it still exists. 

9. I'm a closet hoarder, and like to keep everything, especially things I'm given.

10. I believe everyone's unique, but the same, and I love hearing people laugh, because it defies language barriers. Everybody knows what laughter is, regardless of your race or nationality.


So like, feel free to strike up conversation about any one of those things, or anything else you fancy and I'll talk to you, or at you depending if it's about Sweden or not haha. Remember not to judge books by their covers, because if I just told you I'm blonde, I like shopping and I love wearing short bodycon dresses, you'd likely have a very different opinion of me. Even though they're all true, there's more to me than meets the eye, and that goes for everyone.


I also like cats. But I think that's fairly obvious.



Jordanavia :)


No comments :

Post a Comment