Not fatally though, may I add. It's just all I seem to do these days haha. I suppose since in June, July & August I did nothing at all, this just seems to fill my entire life.
Last week was freshers week, and I didn't take many pictures, because I wasn't out every night. Hardly any nights actually, but it was still a good week, and like I said on the last post, I met some really cool people and I'm actually having a really good time. Not sure how long it will last, but for now, I have a place and I'm useful! Yaay for being a useful person.
The only thing I haven't done is make friends with my flat mates. I appear to have missed that boat, since they're currently having a Busted party in the kitchen… I don't mind though, because I don't think we'd click anyway. I'll occasionally do their washing up if I'm feeling nice, but…
I went home last weekend, because there was nothing to do over the weekend, and I can't even remember what we did on Saturday, but on Sunday we went to the Alnwick Food Festival, which was smaller than I had anticipated. Still, plenty of opportunity to forage for lunch from all the free testers though.
And then this week at uni, we've been assigned the task of organising a Christmas party for a local business firm. I am our team's leader and our idea is awesome. After we (hopefully) win the pitch on the 23rd October, I'll tell you our idea. But we're currently sourcing EVERYTHING from the venue, to the catering, to the funding and it's only the first week! We've just like, completely been thrown into this task, but I'm coping at the moment, and hopefully things will run as smoothly as possible!
I'm currently sourcing silent auction donations, which I expect to be harder said than done. Tomorrow is our 'day off', but we're ringing up companies asking if they'll give us free stuff. It's for charity, but still, free stuff.
I'm also designated photographer for the night, which pleases me immensely…
And then on Tuesday I went home again, intending only to tie dye a t-shirt, except I stayed longer than I expected because I missed the hourly bus. And then my mam took me to the Christmas party client's meeting, which was really scary because I had no notes and had to ask them what they thought of our idea, which I couldn't remember all of. But they did, and it was all good.
I had to apologise for my hands, because this happened merely hours beforehand:
My hands were a complete state, because I completey forgot that the pack included gloves, and you should wear gloves when you're tie dying t-shirts… oops.
Theeen, I got free pizza for lunch, because it was freshers fayre… because so many events happen at uni, and it's wrong not to go to them, especially since they were giving out free pizza…
I got a sweet tat bro…
Funkin is a cocktail, by the way…
And on that night, which was Wednesday, it was also the metrocentre takeover event, where loads of shops had discounts for students. Naturally we went…
We ended up sitting on some astroturf watching a band we'd never heard of, but they sang 1 minute covers of popular songs, and we were the annoying ones in the crowd singing along. Everyone else seemed like fans but I'd never heard of them before.
It was cute at the end though, because after they finished singing, they signed stuff and met fans, and it reminded me of Anton in Stockholm haha. They all seemed propa buzzin waiting in line to meet them. We thought about it, but we'd go up to them and say 'hi, we have no idea who you are… but sign my arm please' hahaha
And thus I have ran out of news. Except for the fact that I actually did a fairly decent shop yesterday, and got some nice things :) Quite pleased, if not a little guilty for spending a small amount of money…
Jordanavia :)
Last week was freshers week, and I didn't take many pictures, because I wasn't out every night. Hardly any nights actually, but it was still a good week, and like I said on the last post, I met some really cool people and I'm actually having a really good time. Not sure how long it will last, but for now, I have a place and I'm useful! Yaay for being a useful person.
The only thing I haven't done is make friends with my flat mates. I appear to have missed that boat, since they're currently having a Busted party in the kitchen… I don't mind though, because I don't think we'd click anyway. I'll occasionally do their washing up if I'm feeling nice, but…
I went home last weekend, because there was nothing to do over the weekend, and I can't even remember what we did on Saturday, but on Sunday we went to the Alnwick Food Festival, which was smaller than I had anticipated. Still, plenty of opportunity to forage for lunch from all the free testers though.
| He didn't want me to leave! |
| Very disposable camera… |
And then this week at uni, we've been assigned the task of organising a Christmas party for a local business firm. I am our team's leader and our idea is awesome. After we (hopefully) win the pitch on the 23rd October, I'll tell you our idea. But we're currently sourcing EVERYTHING from the venue, to the catering, to the funding and it's only the first week! We've just like, completely been thrown into this task, but I'm coping at the moment, and hopefully things will run as smoothly as possible!
I'm currently sourcing silent auction donations, which I expect to be harder said than done. Tomorrow is our 'day off', but we're ringing up companies asking if they'll give us free stuff. It's for charity, but still, free stuff.
I'm also designated photographer for the night, which pleases me immensely…
| This is my friend's scarily see through balcony |
| And we sit and watch Family Guy in his room haha |
And then on Tuesday I went home again, intending only to tie dye a t-shirt, except I stayed longer than I expected because I missed the hourly bus. And then my mam took me to the Christmas party client's meeting, which was really scary because I had no notes and had to ask them what they thought of our idea, which I couldn't remember all of. But they did, and it was all good.
I had to apologise for my hands, because this happened merely hours beforehand:
My hands were a complete state, because I completey forgot that the pack included gloves, and you should wear gloves when you're tie dying t-shirts… oops.
| George wore gloves… |
| Turned out like this though, so it's alright :) |
| Love locks |
Theeen, I got free pizza for lunch, because it was freshers fayre… because so many events happen at uni, and it's wrong not to go to them, especially since they were giving out free pizza…
I got a sweet tat bro…
Funkin is a cocktail, by the way…
And on that night, which was Wednesday, it was also the metrocentre takeover event, where loads of shops had discounts for students. Naturally we went…
| Rude not to, but they've changed out iPhone! It's now a green iPhone 5C! |
We ended up sitting on some astroturf watching a band we'd never heard of, but they sang 1 minute covers of popular songs, and we were the annoying ones in the crowd singing along. Everyone else seemed like fans but I'd never heard of them before.
It was cute at the end though, because after they finished singing, they signed stuff and met fans, and it reminded me of Anton in Stockholm haha. They all seemed propa buzzin waiting in line to meet them. We thought about it, but we'd go up to them and say 'hi, we have no idea who you are… but sign my arm please' hahaha
And thus I have ran out of news. Except for the fact that I actually did a fairly decent shop yesterday, and got some nice things :) Quite pleased, if not a little guilty for spending a small amount of money…
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment