Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Film Photographs! (+ Kim Vadenhag news)

I have never been so busy in my entire life. Uni has absolutely completely taken over my life, and I've gotten too involved with my module, I feel.

Basically, if I haven't explained it before, we have to organise a Christmas party for our external client from scratch. Every single minimal aspect of the event has to be planned, organised and delivered by us and I've gotten too competitive. I'm team leader for my team, and it's seriously like suddenly being a mother to 5 very difficult children. They don't make it easy for you, but they don't even realise! But ultimately, I just want to win. That is my only goal in life at the moment - to win the bid to stage our idea as the Christmas party, and if we don't win, I'll genuinely be absolutely gutted.
I have put unbelievable amounts of work into doing the presentation, sourcing and securing venues, decorations, food, the 28 (!) page handout that goes to the 10 judges and 2 other teams. (It's double sided, so that's 168 pages of colour I've had to print off)
Don't get me wrong, it all looks fab and I'm so proud of myself and these measly sheets of paper, and it's all too much at the minute, and I'll just disolve if we don't win.

Aside from that, remember that film camera?! Eventually I've managed to get the prints back and they're alright actually. Jessops didn't ring me, I enquired myself in store instead haha. Phew… But it's more like 'her again?!'…

The film camera had 12 pictures on the film, and I got 12 back. Not necessarily 12 good ones, but 12 recognisable pictures. I've only included the 'good' ones below, but… happy halloween…


This is the only picture in sharp focus, and not blury from camera shake. They're also printed on lustre paper, which is basically matte. Like, I don't know why they can't just call it matte… and I have no idea what supreme is…

But now prepare to have nightmares, because the following pictures will be the scariest pictures you'll have seen in a while.


Like, are you actually serious?! That's me, at Cragside, but it just looks horribly creepy!


Another slightly creepy one, which was taken on the High Level Bridge.


This one isn't actually too bad… It could have been composed better though…


This is a bit too dark for it to be good, and I suppose if I put it through Lightroom it would be a little better, but I haven't retouched any of these pictures.


The white marks on the top left are from the developing.


Also got another disposable camera developed, because why not. I've had this camera since May and Sweden, and it's been kicking round with me since then, but it's only recently I've been taking pictures on it, since I want a new one haha. I think this was the one that got sent back to me, but I can't be sure…
Unfortunately when I got it developed yesterday, there was a fault on the camera (it's metering system apparently) and it only produced 17 pictures. So basically all of the ones I really wanted back were never exposed, and the camera failed, basically.

I still have another one in my bag, but it's the sun-damaged one, and I'm scared to take that one back haha. Not all of the pictures are taken yet though, so I have a little bit of time left yet, but somehow I'm expecting none of those pictures to be even remotely distinguishable.


Malmö for Eurovision. I've had this picture in my head for ages, since it was the first picture I took on this camera.
I have this version too, which was taken on my 60D:



Cragside house with a fisheye lens. One of the only photos that came back where I had used the fisheye lens, which is really disappointing, since those ones were the good ones.

The award ceremony I was at a few weeks ago. This wasn't true black, so I made it darker.


Yay love locks! I took like 4 pictures with 4 different cameras of these haha.




Cragside house. However this is surprisingly clear, and the house is actually quite colourful, despite our chosen medium…


I remember taking two of these - one with flash, one without. This was the one with flash and it's the only one that was actually developed, which is good, because the other one would have been blury. The cat's jumping though, except he looks like he's human sized haha. Oh, happy birthday Fletcher, by the way. He's 1 today :D


Also fairly colourful despite it being a disposable camera.


You always get a few 'dud' pictures, and I'm still trying to work out what one of them is of, and especially when you only get 17 (Last time I'll mention this, sorry), you get like 8 usable photographs, out of 27.



But in other news this week in the world of Jordan, someone's used my jug and not washed it afterwards. This is a big deal, since my tea towel is also sitting in a soggy mess, and my cordial is empty. These weren't me… But it's just one year I'm here… thank the good lord.

This leaf is the size of my thumb nail

The spoon straw arrived! :D Fletcher loves it more than me.

I did a facial. Because look how pretty I am…

In my house when gravy is spilt on the floor, Jango comes to the rescue…

I bought this adorable Christmas jumper, and I'm wearing it for my presentation tomorrow.

Here is a very large picture of Jaxon in our lecture room :D

And here's me looking very proud.


Actually, if you've reached this far, and you look like this man:


STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND READ THIS.

Do you remember when I wrote about seeing Kim Vadenhag in the metrocentre a few weeks ago?! Well, that was amazing. But we were sad because there he was, then there he went, never to be seen again. YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT… I saw him again! This time in Debenhams, and I was actually starstruck. Like, it's not even him, but it so is. I didn't know what to do, but I text my friend, and then after visiting Jessops (for only the 2nd time that day), there he was again, eating his lunch next to our comfy sofa! So off I went to sit on our comfy sofa. What are the chances of seeing him twice?!
Now, I'm treading on very dangerous ground here, because remember the Danny incident last year? Yeah that went uphill, then downhill again. However, I do believe Kim (He's definitely called Kim, how can't he be? If he's called Steven or Paul, I'll be severely disappointed) could possibly work in the metrocentre, which is just crazy. No, we will not actively search him out. This type of thing is done passively…

Are you Kim/Steven/Paul? Contact me now to arrange to be really creeped out as I perform my ususal trick, and show you a picture of Kim Vadenhag, but instead fall for you, making things really weird because you'll end up not looking like Kim at all, yet somehow better than Kim oops, said too much. I promise I'm not drunk or anything, I don't even know what's wrong… whut? hi.


Shoutout to Baz-war, for taking me out for dinner the other day. No, it wasn't a date, my mam was also present. We went food testing, however I think I've already covered this point. What is wrong with me today? This began as a really serious blog post, now look at it… Bye.



Jordanavia :)



No comments :

Post a Comment