It kinda feels like autumn has arrived, at least here in the north of England. Despite today's temperature being 17°c, there is still a crispness to the air, and the wind bites your cheeks, yet it is gentle enough to make your hair flow.
I have been so busy this past week. In between doing stuff for uni I have to do, doing stuff for uni I don't need to even do, walking until I can walk no further, throw in a couple of Newcastle and metrocentre visits, and then a visit home. None. Stop.
Monday I can't even remember what I did… apart from buy one of my friends some milk, only to find they weren't going to be in when I 'delivered' it… so I had to stick it in another friend's fridge haha. Then I was at a surprise venue visit at the metrocentre, since the woman rang and asked if I wanted to go down that day. Fine… so that was another train journey… But it was a trip through the metrocentre though, so I was happy…
Tuesday, as I think I've already said, Eldon Square lock-in, which didn't go amazingly, since the only shop I wanted to go in appeared to be at the bottom of everybody elses priority lists. I don't know why I didn't just say I'll see them all tomorrow and walk away, since I would actually have bought at least one thing that way… Breatheeee…
Wednesday. Birthday. Covered in the last post. Bosh.
Thuuursday was a boring day, because Thursday is study skills day, and that is the most boring subject you'll ever do at uni. Like, it's even more boring than A-Level English Language AND Business combined… However, despite thinking I had the rest of the day free, I actually ended up going venue shopping for the rival team, so I didn't get to go and have a nap… :( Still, that was a trip to Newcastle, which is always good, because it's Newcastle. Any excuse to escape from Sunderland hahaha.
FRIDAAAAYYYY! I love Fridays. This Friday though, I did some more venue shopping with a team mate. I'm surprised anyone ever gets a room at Jurys Inn, since they didn't book me in their system to visit their function room… Like, even after the two phone calls I made… Thou shalt not host our Christmas Party…
But Tiger Tiger was good… our venues are sorted now… I'm proud of myself for actually getting organised… it doesn't happen very often!
And then we went to the metrocente yaaaaaaaay! But I had to walk up Panns Bank twice because I forgot my travel pass the first time haha. I was not impressed. That meant I missed my train, which meant I had to get the metro & the bus there… hm.
Oh wow, and we actually saw Kim Vadenhag's TWIN! Like, I know we've done this before with Danny, but this was so totally Kim! He looked crazily like him, except we'll never see him again since he was just shopping :( It was bitter sweet, as we stalked him up the stairs in River Island, only to leave as they entered the mens section :'( Nice to see you, Kim…
Actually, the main purpose of our trip was to visit Jessops. How long has it been since I've said that?! I have my Grandad's old Agifold camera, and I'd literally only just found out how to open the lens…
It takes 120 film, and I know Jessops do sell it, but they're funny about film, and they won't always stock every single brand and type of film. So to be safe I click and collected some, just to make sure they would actually have some. It wasn't until around 5:30pm the next day before I got the conformation of them actually having it ready to collect, which was a massive relief considering I was sitting on the metro at that time! So we walked in, and despite not having been in that shop siiiince… erm, April? May?, they remembered meee! I saw my friend again (can I call him that?) and said hi, even though I haven't spoken to him for aaages, which was nice because I miss him. But it's fiiine, I understand… I'm not stupid.
But I also got them to load the film, since I'm pretty sure I could load 35mm, but not 120 haha. It's very manual, shall we say. Pulling bits of paper out here, and sticking them in there… I feel bad though because I wasn't watching what he was doing, and I still have no idea what to do. I'm sure they don't mind, but considering there are only 12 exposures on the film, I'll be back a little more often if the pictures turn out well… I was also warned not to fiddle with it once it's finished with, because if the reel becomes unravelled, all of the pictures will expose themselves and I'll get white squares as pictures. Oh yeah, because the film is square… how awesome?! It's like a vintage instagram…
But really it's just a test to make sure the camera's insides still work, since it hasn't been used for about 50 years haha. If it's really dusty or broken inside, it'll have to get sent off to somewhere in Old Eldon Square that I'm struggling to work out where…
I also have two disposable cameras I carry around all of the time. I'll always carry at least one, but the reason I have two is because one of them has sun-damaged film - deliberately. I'm hoping the pictures have a strange sort of overexposed look to them, so I'm trying to fill up the film by going on photo walks around where I am.
I went along Sunderland's quay yesterday and took a couple of photos with various cameras, feeling like a university photography student, rather than an events management student. Sunderland's stupid though, because they don't even have a photography society. Like, poledancing? Sure! But no photography…
But today we went to Cragside, and Cragside is beautiful. I'm not too sure about photographing the autumnal colours with a black and white camera, but I did have my phone, and the disposable twins too… I would have taken my Canon too, but it was too heavy and 5 cameras is a bit excessive, even for me…
And these are the reasons Autumn is my favourite season…
I've also bought a coat and a gilet, so I can be outside for most of it haha!
Jordanavia :)
I have been so busy this past week. In between doing stuff for uni I have to do, doing stuff for uni I don't need to even do, walking until I can walk no further, throw in a couple of Newcastle and metrocentre visits, and then a visit home. None. Stop.
Monday I can't even remember what I did… apart from buy one of my friends some milk, only to find they weren't going to be in when I 'delivered' it… so I had to stick it in another friend's fridge haha. Then I was at a surprise venue visit at the metrocentre, since the woman rang and asked if I wanted to go down that day. Fine… so that was another train journey… But it was a trip through the metrocentre though, so I was happy…
Tuesday, as I think I've already said, Eldon Square lock-in, which didn't go amazingly, since the only shop I wanted to go in appeared to be at the bottom of everybody elses priority lists. I don't know why I didn't just say I'll see them all tomorrow and walk away, since I would actually have bought at least one thing that way… Breatheeee…
Wednesday. Birthday. Covered in the last post. Bosh.
Thuuursday was a boring day, because Thursday is study skills day, and that is the most boring subject you'll ever do at uni. Like, it's even more boring than A-Level English Language AND Business combined… However, despite thinking I had the rest of the day free, I actually ended up going venue shopping for the rival team, so I didn't get to go and have a nap… :( Still, that was a trip to Newcastle, which is always good, because it's Newcastle. Any excuse to escape from Sunderland hahaha.
FRIDAAAAYYYY! I love Fridays. This Friday though, I did some more venue shopping with a team mate. I'm surprised anyone ever gets a room at Jurys Inn, since they didn't book me in their system to visit their function room… Like, even after the two phone calls I made… Thou shalt not host our Christmas Party…
But Tiger Tiger was good… our venues are sorted now… I'm proud of myself for actually getting organised… it doesn't happen very often!
| Fairly boring picture of the Tyne… Still a better view than Sunderland. |
And then we went to the metrocente yaaaaaaaay! But I had to walk up Panns Bank twice because I forgot my travel pass the first time haha. I was not impressed. That meant I missed my train, which meant I had to get the metro & the bus there… hm.
| Favourite iPhone picture in a while. I'll do a big collection photo when we have 20 photos… I currently have 16… |
Oh wow, and we actually saw Kim Vadenhag's TWIN! Like, I know we've done this before with Danny, but this was so totally Kim! He looked crazily like him, except we'll never see him again since he was just shopping :( It was bitter sweet, as we stalked him up the stairs in River Island, only to leave as they entered the mens section :'( Nice to see you, Kim…
Actually, the main purpose of our trip was to visit Jessops. How long has it been since I've said that?! I have my Grandad's old Agifold camera, and I'd literally only just found out how to open the lens…
| The outside is still in pretty good condition… |
It takes 120 film, and I know Jessops do sell it, but they're funny about film, and they won't always stock every single brand and type of film. So to be safe I click and collected some, just to make sure they would actually have some. It wasn't until around 5:30pm the next day before I got the conformation of them actually having it ready to collect, which was a massive relief considering I was sitting on the metro at that time! So we walked in, and despite not having been in that shop siiiince… erm, April? May?, they remembered meee! I saw my friend again (can I call him that?) and said hi, even though I haven't spoken to him for aaages, which was nice because I miss him. But it's fiiine, I understand… I'm not stupid.
But I also got them to load the film, since I'm pretty sure I could load 35mm, but not 120 haha. It's very manual, shall we say. Pulling bits of paper out here, and sticking them in there… I feel bad though because I wasn't watching what he was doing, and I still have no idea what to do. I'm sure they don't mind, but considering there are only 12 exposures on the film, I'll be back a little more often if the pictures turn out well… I was also warned not to fiddle with it once it's finished with, because if the reel becomes unravelled, all of the pictures will expose themselves and I'll get white squares as pictures. Oh yeah, because the film is square… how awesome?! It's like a vintage instagram…
But really it's just a test to make sure the camera's insides still work, since it hasn't been used for about 50 years haha. If it's really dusty or broken inside, it'll have to get sent off to somewhere in Old Eldon Square that I'm struggling to work out where…
I also have two disposable cameras I carry around all of the time. I'll always carry at least one, but the reason I have two is because one of them has sun-damaged film - deliberately. I'm hoping the pictures have a strange sort of overexposed look to them, so I'm trying to fill up the film by going on photo walks around where I am.
I went along Sunderland's quay yesterday and took a couple of photos with various cameras, feeling like a university photography student, rather than an events management student. Sunderland's stupid though, because they don't even have a photography society. Like, poledancing? Sure! But no photography…
But today we went to Cragside, and Cragside is beautiful. I'm not too sure about photographing the autumnal colours with a black and white camera, but I did have my phone, and the disposable twins too… I would have taken my Canon too, but it was too heavy and 5 cameras is a bit excessive, even for me…
| Woo, England! |
| Selfies in the wood |
| I found a pretty leaf… because I love leaves |
| And a one of these toadstools… these are like, deadly… seriously… but so pretty :) |
And these are the reasons Autumn is my favourite season…
I've also bought a coat and a gilet, so I can be outside for most of it haha!
| Fletcher at the dentist. |
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment