Sunday, 16 February 2014

The 1975 & York

Went to see The 1975, if anyone's been living under a rock for the past month. I eventually managed to get resale tickets, but for £30, so I guess it wasn't that bad of a deal… compared with £140…

They were fab. Really really good band. I think it was slightly more special because Matty has a connection with the North East anyway. He came out wearing a Newcastle united football top, and his dad Tim Healy was sitting a few rows infront of us, since he lives in Newcastle too. Apparently he grew up here until he was 10, when he moved to Manchester, which I didn't actually know. Wolf Alice was a bit crap really, if you're not into that kind of thing, and I guess the Neighborhood weren't too bad, but still not my cup of tea.

Outside

Inside






I knew my iPhone 4s was bad at taking pictures at gigs, but it's evident that the iPhone 5s isn't actually much better :/ Shame… Videos were good, but there just wasn't enough light to make the pictures any good. Maybe I can get a video to load on this heap of Google+…


I'd definitely see them again, they were so good.

I'm hoping to do some festival volunteering this year around the country and Norway even. I know that they're playing Reading and Leeds, and also Hovefestivalen in Norway too, which are the festivals this company works with. Hovefestival looks amazing though, like, tickets are £250 but it's kinda worth it for the acts playing - I think I've mentioned it before. Really want to see The 1975 at a festival though, be suuuper.



Selfies:




Snapchat filters are my favourite filters.


This was a while ago… they don't even serve bbq ridge cuts anymore :(  so sad…

I had a subsequent iPhone photo, but I deleted it by accident :(

This is on the back of the girls toilet door in my old school…


Just sayin'



Uni snapchat

Train selfie

I love this view on the train. 

And this one when I'm at the metro station

I obviously know what I'm doing… #soundengineer4lyf 



 I went home for my tea when the weather was really horrible because I didn't want to walk to my flat in the rain. And I was glad I did because I was reunited with my little baby. Look how lovely he is though. I just love him.


My dad got my mam a valentines card too. She got one the size of Africa and I didn't even get one haha. 

Should I tell you a sad valentines day story? Erm… I don't even care hahaha, it's kinda funny retrospectively…

It was valentines day in either y7 or y8, but it was probably y8, and after school had finished, I stayed behind for like half an hour to wait for a lift home. But I went to my tutor room whilst it was in darkness and I looked in my tray, just in case…
It's just a fact of life now that I don't get valentines day cards, haha. I got one once… it was hand-written, aw :') I can't remember who it was from though.
I know where I stand without cards this year though. I think if you need a card and gifts to understand a relationship, you're not reading the signs that are right in front of your face. Girls who get upset when their boyfriends don't get them cards and flowers and chocolate and jewellery on the 14th, when he'll make her dinner, kiss her forehead and hold her hand 364 other days of the year are the kind of girls I never want to be anything like. Material possessions shouldn't fuel your passion, kids…


I went to York yesterday because it was a compulsory element of my course, since we have to write field reports on 5 different aspects of events. Three of which I can remember are performace, authenticity and rites & rituals. I can't remember the others. But I'm really paying £7800 a year to learn about made up material. It's like, 'oh, let's teach events management as a subject. Wait, there's nothing to teach… how about we make shit up, like 'are events authentic?' and charge eight grand a year for them to come in for 9 hours a week.' I can't even believe it myself. I've learnt more about events in the space of 24 hours on a WORK event in London, setting up, operating and derigging, whilst talking to McFly's guitar tech and starfishing in a Premier Inn bed. That's what events are about. Usually sleeping in a single bed, but getting given a double bed in a hotel that gets MADE FOR YOU. The sole reasons I want to work in events; double beds and being able to wear lanyards and wristbands. Love it.


Lunch in York

Shambles. A famous street in York that is amazing. 

Went to the Jorvik centre. I do believe the sign said no photography on the ride, but how could I not?!

River Ouse in York burst its banks, quite severely. 

There's just water everywhere…


So tired. So cold.

Fletcher now likes to sit at the table, and it looks hilarious




Next week I'm working all week, which I guess is a good thing, because I like going to work. It's a lot better than uni anyway…

I'm also on another trip… which is good because it means I'm not at uni on Thursday :D This does however mean I'm probably at work haha


And then, probably by the time I get round to doing another one of these, I have a few actual shows lined up where I get to operate. This is cool in itself, but I'm quite in love with my 'blacks' outift. The clothes I wear to operate in are just fab, I think, haha.



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment