Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Back to uni

For the first time in a very long time I actually have my laptop at home with me. Combine this with a lack of anything to do, and not needing to imminently sleep, I get a small amount of time to sit and blog. A novelty in such a tumultuous world!

We'll not do chronological today. Today I can't be bothered, so I'll just write about whatever I think of.

Gigs. All of a sudden I'm going to like, 200% more than I went to last year, and this is a good thing. The first of 2014 is the one I'm most excited about, and that is, The 1975. Sob story time, my best friend liked them before me and told me about the fact that they were at the O2 Academy in February, back in September. I had never heard of them, and didn't take much of an interest in finding out who they were. It was only in November when I discovered them through the powerful medium that is Spotify (lifesaver) that I started to really like them, to the point I wanted to see them when they came to Newcastle. But of course they were sold out, and I wish my friend had just made me pay for a ticket to go and see this random band I'd never heard of, because I would have done haha.
Looking on resale websites they were all in excess of £140 for some reason - Newcastle was the most expensive city for resale by a long margin. Guestlist was a possibility too but even then the people I know working with them, I don't actually 'know', and it would have been one of these, a friend of a friend things, which don't always work out. Anywayz, found resale tickets for £30 and nabbed them quicker than they were uploaded. So glad.  They're seated but who cares, I'll be there :D

Next is Charlee Drew, and you're all like, who? I've known of Charlee for yeeaarrssss on YouTube and Twitter, doing covers of pop songs etc, with a couple of originals. There was once a time when the only song of his on Spotify was Sugar Rush, and now that song is barely traceable. He then went on tour supporting 5ive around the UK, and subsequently is doing his own tour in March. Will be nice to finally meet him. Seeuu indie.

Melodifestivalen, Stockholm. Not as excited about it this year, since I've kinda grown out of the Swedish pop scene, but it will still be nice to be in the Friends Arena again, this time as an Events Management student, thinking gimme 10 years… And of course nice to be back in Sweden, in the -15°c. Been a while…

McBusted. What more is there to say? Shall be interesting haha. I love McFly and dem class Busted hitz.

Ed Sheeran yeeahhh man. He's back in Newcastle in October so obviously we're going to see him. He's at the arena though, so I doubt he'd be doing any Wayfaring Stranger type songs… this tour is for his new album though, and that's not out yet so…


Hopefully there'll be a lot more but so far, it's looking positive.

Uni has some field trips for us too, and these ones aren't just little ones to the glass centre across the road, these are to York and such places!

I've only just gone back to uni today, after being off since the 13th December. I walked in this morning and it actually felt like I'd never been away. Like I'd had the weekend off and was returning again on the Monday. Crazy feeling. It was nice to see everyone again though. Our new lecturer is cute, but I pay him £7800 a year tuition fees for him to read off the powerpoint. Like, he reads word for word off the slide. I could do that… His powerpoint was challenged too, and his response? 'Yes, I agree. I see what you mean.' That's it. What.



I went back to my flat over the break though, for a break of my own. It was fun to get back to all my stuff away from home, and have a change of scenery between work. Ordered pizza.



This lasted me 4 meals.





Got lost on the metro line. This was meant to be tactical, in that I just missed the one going my way, so got on the one going the other way in hopes of catching the later metro just a little further up the line, meaning I didn't have to wait in the cold. I ended up at Ilford Road, and missed the next 2 metros, and had to wait for the next one after that, in the cold, 20 minutes away from where I was earlier. Plus side, I got a window seat. Who's laughing now…




We've upgraded from an iPhone 5C to an iMac haha. The screen is huge!


#catface

Me and my dad enjoy a good snapchat

This cat hates taking selfies haha. She attacked me for it :P


Fabulous at work
I swear I never take that hoodie off. What did I even wear before it?


Went on a field trip for work. It was mint.

Nissan Qashqai launch


This is in the reception of their Sunderland plant, and you would never know…
It was projection mapped, which is actually really interesting if you fully understand it. I don't. I wish I did though, because it's fab. Those buildings behind the car? They're just wood boards - the little windows are projected, alongside the union jack on the car. Madness.

Here's the video of the launch.

And a little practice in the warehouse.


Seriously if you don't have me on Snapchat you don't get sent shit like this. I mean look, I'm in a forest! But I'm not, because I'm in the office. Like, what?!

Fisheye Jaxon
Morning light is the best light

Friday Snapchat

Friday was a good day. #justsaying


Tried to do some gel nails. It didn't work terribly well…

Selfie with Charl. All of our cats are mint at selfies.



He's hilarious


Went home. I feel at home at home.


Also applying to do some wristbanding at festivals this year. This was after I looked at tickets to the 6 day Hovefestivalen in Norway. They have so far, The 1975, Imagine Dragons, Of Mice & Men, Bastille, Disclosure, and I'm only listing the ones I like. Like, imagine going to that… :O Sounds propa amazing. Tickets are £250… nevermind. That was until I found that I might be able to get across there to do some wristbanding. Just have to wait and see. They also do Reading and Leeds, and a few in Ireland, but I'll have to see… to even be on their database I have to confirm I study events management though hahahaha. What.


Ran out of things to say. All I've been doing is nothing, and the above.


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment