Look how many ways I've found to waste time. These essays aren't being done anytime soon.
It felt a little strange coming back home to live here properly after flitting between here and uni so often over the past 6 months. After a little while, I liked living in two places. Except it was always the case that I left what I needed in the place I wasn't. I also never had any clothes with me. Ever.
Now I have almost all of what I would usually wear with me at home, and I still never have any clothes.
Earlier in the week, I bought a load of paint and canvases in preparation to become an expressive, modern art painter. I had no idea of what to paint though. But eventually I decided to paint a cat. It looked different in my head to what it turned out like, and I'm not really sure if I actually even like it, but it was my first one, and I'll no doubt do another this week.
My proudest part of this painting is that little coffee mug stain I painstakingly painted on in the most realistic way I could. My brother thought it was a mistake and said I should paint over it, and I had to explain to my parents what it was… Oh.
But then I did my nails, and they were a little bit more artistic than that canvas. I was actually pretty pleased with how they turned out, because I only paint my nails like, 4 times a year. I just never seem to have any time for it…
It doesn't really show up very well in the picture, but it goes from pink to 'cyan blue' to a marine / aqua kind of colour. The colours actually work really well together. They're chipped already though, surprise surprise.
Thursday was my first proper time I worked 'away'. I wasn't tagging along to see McFly with my dad this time, none of my family was there. In my head, this is a pretty big deal, because look everyone, I'm an adult now. I got the train by myself, and I found my way to the venue by myself, and I slept in a hotel room… by myself, and then I went home again by myself, and guess what… that's what adults do! Woooahhhh…
Sheffield is a nice place though. I thought about walking into their uni to see what it was like, but I would have missed my train home if I did…
It was also warm and not windy there! I'm so used to windy Newcastle I forgot how nice outside is when there isn't a gale blowing.
Then I went out. Classy session in Nando's then Weatherspoons. Or 'spooooons as it's apparently known.
I reccommend Bakewellbombs, when they run out of Jägermeister. Most disappointed.
Took some selfies. What's new.
I'm now also on the list to volunteer at T in the Park and McBusted at Hyde Park. I think a couple of people from my uni are wanting to do the T in the Park one, so I guess if they do then I would be with them.
Still desperate to go to Hovefestivalen in Norway. It would be absolutely amazing. I might just go anyway and blow £250 on a ticket. Student loan, it pays for everything. Even when I'm not a student…
The partial reason I'm writing this is to procrastinate doing my SIX essays due in for two weeks time… I really really can't be bothered to do them. I feel like it's a waste doing them anyway because if I quit next year then I would have done them for nothing. Especially since first year doesn't count towards your degree, rather a 'pass go, collect £200' for second year. If I got payed for passing, then I'd try. £200 would do quite nicely for Hovefestivalen…
Still properly into The 1975. I got their official tour t-shirt the other day with all of their UK & European tour on the back. It's a small but it's far too big of course.
They're the reason I'm so desperate to go to Norway… because they'll be there. They are also at Reading & Leeds which I'm down to possibly do one of too. It's different seeing bands at festivals to what it is seeing them at gigs.
Here are two good 1975 songs that were recorded when they weren't The 1975. They're technically unreleased since they were 'another band' six times over before they were signed as The 1975.
Look how pretty Matty is though. I think he's very pretty. If anyone else had that horrendous haircut they'd be ridiculed beyond belief but Matty can pull it off. He's definitey not conventionally attractive though, far from it…
And he's cool, and clever. And now I'm singing his praises. Actually perhaps he's not so much 'clever', but interlectual and self-aware. You watch his interviews, he knows what he's talking about, even if he doesn't know what's going on, he can still find the right words to describe how he feels. I'm not even sure if I'd like to meet him because I'd have nothing meaningful to say. Newcastle. Yuurr.
Jordanavia :)
It felt a little strange coming back home to live here properly after flitting between here and uni so often over the past 6 months. After a little while, I liked living in two places. Except it was always the case that I left what I needed in the place I wasn't. I also never had any clothes with me. Ever.
Now I have almost all of what I would usually wear with me at home, and I still never have any clothes.
| He got himself in the food box |
Earlier in the week, I bought a load of paint and canvases in preparation to become an expressive, modern art painter. I had no idea of what to paint though. But eventually I decided to paint a cat. It looked different in my head to what it turned out like, and I'm not really sure if I actually even like it, but it was my first one, and I'll no doubt do another this week.
My proudest part of this painting is that little coffee mug stain I painstakingly painted on in the most realistic way I could. My brother thought it was a mistake and said I should paint over it, and I had to explain to my parents what it was… Oh.
But then I did my nails, and they were a little bit more artistic than that canvas. I was actually pretty pleased with how they turned out, because I only paint my nails like, 4 times a year. I just never seem to have any time for it…
It doesn't really show up very well in the picture, but it goes from pink to 'cyan blue' to a marine / aqua kind of colour. The colours actually work really well together. They're chipped already though, surprise surprise.
Thursday was my first proper time I worked 'away'. I wasn't tagging along to see McFly with my dad this time, none of my family was there. In my head, this is a pretty big deal, because look everyone, I'm an adult now. I got the train by myself, and I found my way to the venue by myself, and I slept in a hotel room… by myself, and then I went home again by myself, and guess what… that's what adults do! Woooahhhh…
| Sparkly set If I was planning an event, this is definitely the set I would have |
Sheffield is a nice place though. I thought about walking into their uni to see what it was like, but I would have missed my train home if I did…
| Premier Inn bathroom selfie… |
It was also warm and not windy there! I'm so used to windy Newcastle I forgot how nice outside is when there isn't a gale blowing.
| It's still nice to come home though |
Then I went out. Classy session in Nando's then Weatherspoons. Or 'spooooons as it's apparently known.
| That purple one is disgusting |
I reccommend Bakewellbombs, when they run out of Jägermeister. Most disappointed.
| Tried to take a bath but no… |
| This is nice too… But I hate normal Baileys |
Took some selfies. What's new.
I'm now also on the list to volunteer at T in the Park and McBusted at Hyde Park. I think a couple of people from my uni are wanting to do the T in the Park one, so I guess if they do then I would be with them.
Still desperate to go to Hovefestivalen in Norway. It would be absolutely amazing. I might just go anyway and blow £250 on a ticket. Student loan, it pays for everything. Even when I'm not a student…
The partial reason I'm writing this is to procrastinate doing my SIX essays due in for two weeks time… I really really can't be bothered to do them. I feel like it's a waste doing them anyway because if I quit next year then I would have done them for nothing. Especially since first year doesn't count towards your degree, rather a 'pass go, collect £200' for second year. If I got payed for passing, then I'd try. £200 would do quite nicely for Hovefestivalen…
Still properly into The 1975. I got their official tour t-shirt the other day with all of their UK & European tour on the back. It's a small but it's far too big of course.
They're the reason I'm so desperate to go to Norway… because they'll be there. They are also at Reading & Leeds which I'm down to possibly do one of too. It's different seeing bands at festivals to what it is seeing them at gigs.
Here are two good 1975 songs that were recorded when they weren't The 1975. They're technically unreleased since they were 'another band' six times over before they were signed as The 1975.
Look how pretty Matty is though. I think he's very pretty. If anyone else had that horrendous haircut they'd be ridiculed beyond belief but Matty can pull it off. He's definitey not conventionally attractive though, far from it…
And he's cool, and clever. And now I'm singing his praises. Actually perhaps he's not so much 'clever', but interlectual and self-aware. You watch his interviews, he knows what he's talking about, even if he doesn't know what's going on, he can still find the right words to describe how he feels. I'm not even sure if I'd like to meet him because I'd have nothing meaningful to say. Newcastle. Yuurr.
Jordanavia :)





No comments :
Post a Comment