Tuesday, 22 April 2014

Easter in Derbyshire

I'm writing this because I refuse to sit and watch snooker on TV, 'just because it's on'.


Until last Wednesday I was enjoying doing nothing since I was on my own 'Easter holidays'. I am technically still on Easter holidays from uni, and no I haven't even started my two essays yet. That's gonna hurt :(

But then I got a phone call saying I was needed that afternoon and evening to operate a show that I had no involvment in at all. The person who was meant to do it was ill and I was then the replacement. So off I went to the Sage to rehearse and operate this show that had two hundred slides in it. Two. Hundred. I was so lost and stressed when the client was like, 'oh just skip back up to Best Event Northumberland', when I had two hundred slides and two seperate Keynote files to look through to find it again. Before half an hour ago I didn't even know the Culture Awards was an event. I managed, as usual, and I was actually fine.
It was a pretty cool event though because there was no dinner. They were in the sage so it was rows of seats and because it was the Culture Awards, they had some 'culture' involved too! This was mainly just bands actually, but still. More exciting than a guest speaker talking about industry in the local area, when I'm not even from that local area.





This was Frankie & the Heartstrings, who are technically friends of friends, even though I don't know them. I know of them though because of their huge presence in Sunderland, what with Pop Recs and such, because I essentially live there for uni. It might not seem it but I do spend a lot of time over in Sunderland! I'm closer to the town than I think and despite there being very little there for me, I end up there more often than I care to admit.
They were good actually. At least one of the two songs they did doesn't exist yet, and that's the most frustrating thing in the world, because it wasn't half bad.

Then there was the Lake Poets, which I guess were good but a bit depressing and acoustic. Edinburgh was good, if you like that kind of thing.

Sunderland was included in the awards since it was the whole north east, and I knew most if not all of the entries for the Sunderland catagories, which is scary, especially when you're from Newcastle.



But then on Friday I went on holiday to Derbyshire, to a place called Buxton, and I was forced to walk up a big hill. It wasn't very enjoyable and I disliked every second of it.


England, everybody.

This was on the walk. It was well dead.


Not enjoying myself
Fancy meeting yourself up the top of a mountain. I was well surprised.



This was also well dead.




I was then forced to walk around the stately home of Chatsworth. These places are all the same though, are they not. At least it was warm and I got to stroke a horse.






He was enormous and I want one.
I've always said since I was little that I wanted a horse and my parents have always (thankfully) said no. I tried all ways to be able to ride an animal, and even asked for a cow at one point, because I wanted to ride it haha. My dad said last year that if he was in the financial position he is now, and I was the age I was when I first asked for a horse, he would have got me one haha. I was gutted hahahaha.
But when I'm older and I have my own house that's not a flat, and a job that doesn't involve flying around the world, I'm getting a horse. For definite. They're fab and I used to love riding. It's a shame it's so clique-y and ponsy, otherwise I still would be riding.

I've looked high and low for pictures of me riding, but I can't remember if they're printed or digital. I've looked through the digital photos on the computer but I can't find them, and I've tried to look through the 6 billion prints we have in the spare room but I can't find anything as recent. There was this one but I can't find one of me actually on a horse.




There are various other pictures of me on horses but in the last 5 minutes I now can't get anywhere near the computer for the forseeable future… :(




If I only do one 'cute' thing in my life, this will be it…
In Paris…





Whilst I was away I got the conformation that I'll be at Hyde Park for the McBusted concert, and I'll be wristbanding on the gate. Yaaaay! It's on the 6th July but I'll be staying in Suffolk, not London I think. I'm just waiting to hear back from T in the Park, Kendall Calling and Festival Republic's 3 or 4 now. How exciting.



And I have to finish on this because I've been consumed by it since this morning. It's funny how some dreams are so subjective, yet others are so objective. There's always that one story about how someone had a dream about their husband cheating on them and they didn't speak to them the entire next day. Like, they didn't even do anything wrong but it felt as though they had haha.

The other night I had a dream about sitting with a group of friends just talking and laughing and catching up. I have absolutely no idea who anyone was, apart from opposite me was the guy I like. He was holding hands with another girl he knew and I just had to sit and watch. The next scene jumped to me absolutely crying my eyes out being completely inconsolable because of what just happened. I seriously hope that I wasn't actually crying whilst I was asleep, but it felt so real that I might actually have been…

But then last night (this morning, actually) I had a dream that I had gone on tour with my best friend, doing something with Ola. Remember Ola, guys? hahaha. I don't know what we were doing for him, but it involved the both of us, and there were only like 6 dates between April and July. Anyway, after planning the whole thing with her mam, we took off for Austria, which I remember was good, because they spoke German, and so did I. We met this family who had two little boys and a little girl, but there was only a dad. To cut the long story short, the entire dream was in German, and I got to know this little boy callled Millias (Millias, though? Really?) and we spoke loads in German and got on really well. Things like 'Deine Name stinkt!' and 'Millias, ich bin auf dem Dach' hahaha. He had a sister called Kathy (hahahaha, Millias, Kathy?) and then a disabled brother called Milo who just stayed in bed. It was really sweet, and eventually they grew up and we were about to take them on tour with us haha.
What this dream is really about though, is that we were the famous ones, not so much Ola. We had fans waiting outside of our window, screaming our names, wanting to see us. It was the most euphoric feeling I've had in a dream for a long time. We chatted with fans outside the window and they were taking pictures and laughing and stuff and it was the strangest thing, especially since it was all in German.

What I'm trying to say though is the contrast between those two dreams is so stark it's just crazy. Definitely prefer the latter, too.



I'm also pretty sick of getting bad news and being let down. You get excited for something and then it doesn't happen. That is pretty much the working title of my life in 2014 :(




Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment