Saturday, 5 July 2014

Should have thought of a title whilst East Coast loads it's Wifi, but didn't…


This is a bit weird. I’m writing this whilst sitting on the train. I think I’ve done this once before, but on my phone instead, when blogger didn’t even have it’s own iPhone app… 
But I’m actually on my way to London, after being in York for the past week, and the week before that I was in Manchester, and the week after this, I’m in Scotland for the week. The past month or so has just been non-stop. So actually, in the last 4 or so weeks I’ve only been at home for about 5 days, which is just a little crazy. But I love it. So much better than staying at home wondering which packet of noodles I’m going to have for lunch. 

Had a fab time in Manchester. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, despite having to stay inside all day, actually doing work. The one thing that makes these boring, tedious, soul-destroying conferences enjoyable is the people. The fact that we all go out on a night for a meal, and that everyone likes to be with everyone else, it’s really nice. There’s probably not a lot of companies who are as close-knit as we are, and it makes going away actually quite fun. I practically laughed my way through the 4 days.





Swim up bar hahaha


I had, I think, 3 days back at home before I was back in York for another similar conference. Doing a different job, that was much harder than operating, but once again, had a good time because of the people I was with. I get a lot of stick for being the bosses daughter hahahaha, but it’s funny. Reealllyyy slacking on the pictures. Too busy innit. We were sat in the executive boxes, and probably 80% of the speakers that came in were like ‘oh haven’t you got a great view’. Yes mate, if I wasn’t looking at this computer screen all day, I would have a fabulous view. 



The 'wonderful' view…

Some guy said, 'is it like running the 400m for a horse to go round this track?' hahahahaha, #lad

Got abandoned for a few hours. I was so hungry.


Got to pass here, hehehehehe


All these ducks were asleep and it really tickled me…


But I though I should just sneak this post in before I go away to London, and then T in the Park straight after, since I can’t mix work and pleasure in these blog posts. Feels so wrong. 

I am though on the train to London, as I think I’ve said about 10 times already. I thought I was going to McBusted at Hyde Park to put wristbands on peoples wrists for 8 hours, but when I’ve just checked the email again, I’m actually going to work in the VIP area. I have no idea what this means, but I hope I live up to VIP expectations. I’m not exactly VIP material… 

Aaaand, I’ve just forgotten whatever else I was going to say… Just can’t think…
Did I mention how amazing Ed Sheeran’s new album is? It’s so good, I stream it on Spotify, but I also bought the physical album. I actually really love it, now that it’s released in full. So glad I got tickets - should be amazing in the arena. Shirtsleeves is my favourite at the minute. 

Let’s just hope the 15 minute free wifi on this train works to upload this…



It's taken so long to get connected, that I've already used up the 15 free minutes trying to open the page…



So update: I've posted this from within London. First time on the tube on my own… not so bad.
I'm now dying for this takeaway… hurrrryyyy uppppp…


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment