It feels like I haven't really done anything for ages, blaming it on a break from work, nice weather and a slightly longer than necessary recovery period from travelling and festivalling. But now the weather is pretty dreadful and I can now wear long trousers and justifiably stay indoors again. Actually, as I'm uploading my iPhone photos to Google chronologically, it seems a lot has happened.
But first, a selfie interlude…
Pizza craving strong that day.
Had a scooter related injury…
Turns out it was only really a graze but the scab healed funny and was raised, and I picked it off to stop it from itching so bad but now it's left a pink scar that's just as itchy as the scab :/ The lesson here is to not pick your scabs off. You would have thought by 19 I would have learnt this.
Then I bought a car. Like, I can't drive and have never made a car move in my life, but I still went out and bought a car.
Fiat 500. Not what I was expecting but it is actually quite a nice little car. First time I went out in it was Friday and I just couldn't do it. I was just stalling every single time I tried to start and clearly I was doing something wrong. That's frustrating because, without blowing my own trumpet, I am good at pretty much everything. Almost everything I've tried to do / learn is fairly easy to pick up and it's only the fact that I don't find it interesting that I don't make anything of it. A levels weren't the hardest thing I've ever done and the fact that I don't have spectacular results is because after 13 years of schooling, 7 years of the same Emmanuel shit and 2 years of English Language, German and Business Studies, I got bored. Bored of learning, bored of revising, and I passed nonetheless. Anyway, despite trying to drive between wiping my nose and trying to see through the tears on Friday, I went out again today and found it's because my arm is not strong enough to do the handbrake at the same time as the pedals. By using my body strength to release the handbrake, I'm taking my feet off the pedals in a small, light person kind of way #smallpersonprobs. My driving is still fairly scary, but it's better than it was on Friday.
I got my old bike out again and went for another little ride around. Once again, nearly fell off but I'm alright :) It's fun but the bike is a little bit small if I'm honest :( gutted, it's a cute little bike. I do have a bigger one but I'm not big enough still to ride it.
Went to Hartlepool to see my friend too :) We were going to go to the funfair but it was raining, so watched movies and had pizza instead and that is my preferred option for every weekend, weekday, holiday, date night, Christmas day ever.
And because I'm such a social butterfly, we were back out celebrating someones birthday aaattttt… guess, Wetherspoons! That is my second preferred option for every occasion. After pizza. Pizza and disaronno actually. That is all I want in life.
Clearly we had a good time. Especially since this is the Wetherspoons we found that it's now £5 for 3 Bakewellbombs. Threeeeee… Disaronno is the sweet nectar of life.
Then, on some day last week I think it was Tuesday, me and my friend went down to uni to a 'casting' session for their new TV ad. Yes friends, I could be on your television screens in September and October. It was fun actually. Signed our release forms and everything on the Tuesday and had an afternoon of filming on Friday. The first shot was a lecture in the Tom Cowie lecture theatre. Somewhere I have never been before, since we've technically never had a proper 'lecture' for our course before. BioPharmaceutical Sciences (little help from spellcheck there). I had no clue what was going on since it was treat like a proper lecture and the guy was legit trying to teach us about the drugs industry and the way it works. For someone who does events management, this is a little beyond me. Still pretty fun though, and I did actually learn something so it wasn't all a waste…
We all shifted sides half way through to give the illusion the entire lecture theatre was full. They filmed my row quite a lot for this part, and it was very 'in your face' filming. There was no hiding nothin.
Then there was a walking shot, into and out of the Glass Centre across the road. The crew seemed a little frustrated at all these amateurs not walking properly, but how do you walk properly?!
Then there was one last shot at the science complex, which I didn't even know existed. But it does and it's quite pretty, and it was a nice sunny day to film. There was a stills guy who was taking photos for the likes of outdoor adverts like billboards, prospectuses, the website etc. He was very in your face with his shooting. We had to try and carry on a normal conversation (about juicy footlong meatball marinara sandwiches from Subway… akws) whilst he took pictures of our natural 'chat', which I'm hoping doesn't end up on some billboard somewhere in Newcastle. I don't want to be a target for graffiti! A spray painted footlong meatball marinara sandwich next to my mouth would be bloody hilarious, yet slightly degrading hahahaha.
We got picked to do another walking shot, straight across the camera here, and there was the cutest little baby seagull sitting on the wall trying to squark at us and it was just the most adorable animal I've ever seen. So if this shot also makes it to TV, be aware that I am pointing out and talking about a seagull.
So yeah, prepare to see us on TV, in the cinema, on catch-up TV adverts, in the street, in prospectuses, aaaall awa the shop. I know how good Sunderland are at advertising because when you turn up there in September, you become slightly sensitised to their garish purple and orange brand colours.
Casualty is next… always wanted to be an extra in Casualty, here is my chance…
But we took ours to the vet. He's been bitten or scratched sometime in the last week and has developed an abscess on his back, so we went to sort it out.
Don't be fooled. He's having the worst time ever and panting and dribbling all over me. We were not on a roller coaster.
Once again, was out last night for yet another birthday. Not to a Wetherspoons though :( they still had cointreau though so I suppose I was alright.
Then we went to Alpha at the Academy. Much rock, very metal. I knew about 3 songs the entire night, and they did play Everything is Awesome… but it's always the company that makes it better :) would never have gone on my own or by choice, but being with everyone again is always so fab.
I go to Paris on Thursday for a day. Look out for some fabulous instagrams…
Jordanavia :)
But first, a selfie interlude…
| Me and my brother both have dents in our foreheads… :( I think mines a chickenpox scar though… |
Pizza craving strong that day.
| She's hanging on! 15 years old and still jumping round |
Had a scooter related injury…
Turns out it was only really a graze but the scab healed funny and was raised, and I picked it off to stop it from itching so bad but now it's left a pink scar that's just as itchy as the scab :/ The lesson here is to not pick your scabs off. You would have thought by 19 I would have learnt this.
Then I bought a car. Like, I can't drive and have never made a car move in my life, but I still went out and bought a car.
| My little girly car |
Fiat 500. Not what I was expecting but it is actually quite a nice little car. First time I went out in it was Friday and I just couldn't do it. I was just stalling every single time I tried to start and clearly I was doing something wrong. That's frustrating because, without blowing my own trumpet, I am good at pretty much everything. Almost everything I've tried to do / learn is fairly easy to pick up and it's only the fact that I don't find it interesting that I don't make anything of it. A levels weren't the hardest thing I've ever done and the fact that I don't have spectacular results is because after 13 years of schooling, 7 years of the same Emmanuel shit and 2 years of English Language, German and Business Studies, I got bored. Bored of learning, bored of revising, and I passed nonetheless. Anyway, despite trying to drive between wiping my nose and trying to see through the tears on Friday, I went out again today and found it's because my arm is not strong enough to do the handbrake at the same time as the pedals. By using my body strength to release the handbrake, I'm taking my feet off the pedals in a small, light person kind of way #smallpersonprobs. My driving is still fairly scary, but it's better than it was on Friday.
| A small slice of heaven is having your lunch in the garden. |
| This cat isn't right |
I got my old bike out again and went for another little ride around. Once again, nearly fell off but I'm alright :) It's fun but the bike is a little bit small if I'm honest :( gutted, it's a cute little bike. I do have a bigger one but I'm not big enough still to ride it.
| Butterflies without their wings are really creepy little furry crawling things… |
| This doesn't look suspicious at all… |
Went to Hartlepool to see my friend too :) We were going to go to the funfair but it was raining, so watched movies and had pizza instead and that is my preferred option for every weekend, weekday, holiday, date night, Christmas day ever.
| Grey on grey, eugh what was I doing. Also, they're dog paw prints… I'm not really that mucky :P |
And because I'm such a social butterfly, we were back out celebrating someones birthday aaattttt… guess, Wetherspoons! That is my second preferred option for every occasion. After pizza. Pizza and disaronno actually. That is all I want in life.
Clearly we had a good time. Especially since this is the Wetherspoons we found that it's now £5 for 3 Bakewellbombs. Threeeeee… Disaronno is the sweet nectar of life.
Then, on some day last week I think it was Tuesday, me and my friend went down to uni to a 'casting' session for their new TV ad. Yes friends, I could be on your television screens in September and October. It was fun actually. Signed our release forms and everything on the Tuesday and had an afternoon of filming on Friday. The first shot was a lecture in the Tom Cowie lecture theatre. Somewhere I have never been before, since we've technically never had a proper 'lecture' for our course before. BioPharmaceutical Sciences (little help from spellcheck there). I had no clue what was going on since it was treat like a proper lecture and the guy was legit trying to teach us about the drugs industry and the way it works. For someone who does events management, this is a little beyond me. Still pretty fun though, and I did actually learn something so it wasn't all a waste…
| Scared. |
Then there was a walking shot, into and out of the Glass Centre across the road. The crew seemed a little frustrated at all these amateurs not walking properly, but how do you walk properly?!
Then there was one last shot at the science complex, which I didn't even know existed. But it does and it's quite pretty, and it was a nice sunny day to film. There was a stills guy who was taking photos for the likes of outdoor adverts like billboards, prospectuses, the website etc. He was very in your face with his shooting. We had to try and carry on a normal conversation (about juicy footlong meatball marinara sandwiches from Subway… akws) whilst he took pictures of our natural 'chat', which I'm hoping doesn't end up on some billboard somewhere in Newcastle. I don't want to be a target for graffiti! A spray painted footlong meatball marinara sandwich next to my mouth would be bloody hilarious, yet slightly degrading hahahaha.
We got picked to do another walking shot, straight across the camera here, and there was the cutest little baby seagull sitting on the wall trying to squark at us and it was just the most adorable animal I've ever seen. So if this shot also makes it to TV, be aware that I am pointing out and talking about a seagull.
So yeah, prepare to see us on TV, in the cinema, on catch-up TV adverts, in the street, in prospectuses, aaaall awa the shop. I know how good Sunderland are at advertising because when you turn up there in September, you become slightly sensitised to their garish purple and orange brand colours.
Casualty is next… always wanted to be an extra in Casualty, here is my chance…
| There was literally a cat in the cat food aisle, you could not make this shit up. |
But we took ours to the vet. He's been bitten or scratched sometime in the last week and has developed an abscess on his back, so we went to sort it out.
Don't be fooled. He's having the worst time ever and panting and dribbling all over me. We were not on a roller coaster.
| More slices of heaven. |
Once again, was out last night for yet another birthday. Not to a Wetherspoons though :( they still had cointreau though so I suppose I was alright.
| Selfie with Matty on TV |
Then we went to Alpha at the Academy. Much rock, very metal. I knew about 3 songs the entire night, and they did play Everything is Awesome… but it's always the company that makes it better :) would never have gone on my own or by choice, but being with everyone again is always so fab.
I go to Paris on Thursday for a day. Look out for some fabulous instagrams…
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment