This was not something I was looking forward to, at all. But as with everything else in my entire life, once I get round to doing it, it's not so bad.
Before I went away, this is how I had to try and pack my case. After I took this I was literally stuffing socks around him and he wasn't going to move haha.
We left on Sunday and flew straight from Newcastle to Barcelona. Not too stressful. The flight is just that little bit longer than Sweden from Stansted, and it's just that little bit too long, so that you're bored and uncomfortable and you're not that close to landing. I don't even want to know what I'll be like flying to America! Flying doesn't bother me at all, it's just how long it takes that's frustrating.
Luckily, despite how much I was dreading it, our lecturer took us around the carnival on Sunday night. It was all open, and you could go and talk to the performers 'backstage' and everything. We took a lot of pictures for our assignment, which I'm soooo thankful for, because not a lot of pictures were taken on Tuesday… I'll not put the pictures up here because they're fairly boring, of dancers in the street and advertisements relevant to our assignment hahaha.
Monday was a quick trip to Barcelona. What a pretty little city. I knew nothing about Barcelona before visiting but it turns out that a lot of it was styled by Gaudi, an artist who lived in Barcelona about 100 years ago (I think!). So a lot of the street furniture is modelled by him, and the street lamps are all ornate, and a couple of the buildings were also designed by him, which just make the city stand out from every single other European city, and believe me, about 90% of them all look the same!
We took the longest bus ride ever up to Park Güell, which is right on the outskirts of Barcelona. Here's another history lesson, it was meant to be a housing estate but due to one reason or another, it was made into gardens instead, and little Gaudi was involved again, and made them look really pretty.
I was really excited to visit this place, because the pictures made it look amazing. And it was, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to go back without uni, so it isn't so time bound. It would have looked unbelievable at sunset, but we were there in the haze of the morning, so it wasn't so spectacular. Also, one of the main buildings in sight was getting renovated so it was all in ugly blue scaffolding and mesh. So ugly, and kind of spoiled the nice views.
See that blue tower in the last picture? That is such a pretty building that looks like it belongs in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but it was all covered up :(
Then, if you thought that was pretty, get yourself over to Sagrada Família. It's a church in Barcelona that looks like a load of cement was accidentally sprayed into the air, and fairly massive and ugly from the outside.
But get inside and it's so colourful and pretty, on a sunny day. Stained glass windows make up large parts of the walls and light just floods in and lights the entire building, as though it was lit artificially. Amazing, I thought.
It looks nothing like what it looks like on Google images, I've no idea why there are no better pictures of the interior. It was so bright and there was just a beautiful red glow on one side and a cool blue on the other. Fairytale like.
Then went for lunch. Very expensive paella that wasn't the most amazing paella I've ever had. But welcome to Las Ramblas, Barcelona. Charge me 20% more for sitting outside?! I don't think so…
The next day was Tuesday, and the proper day of the carnival. The town is eerily quiet during the day, and we walked through 'the square' were it would all be happening on the night. It's totally the gay capital of Spain. For it's relatively small size as a town, there are a hell of a lot of gay bars. Not to mention the two gay prides happening later on this summer. It's not bustling though. I suppose for the down-season it was busy but it wasn't even somewhere I'd like to go in the summer. Didn't have a vibe.
It has a pretty beach though:
We went into this little hippy shop that sold bracelets and sharks teeth, and incense and wooden boxes… you know the type of place. And as we got deeper into the shop, my eye caught something moving, and I actually nearly died. That stupid MASSIVE lion in the middle of the shop bloody MOVED! It like, circled it's head and it scared the crap out of me, because I thought it was a real lion. I didn't even think I was scared of lions but I would clearly run a mile if I ever saw a real one. Bloody hell man.
Then, it was carnival time.
My friend had this mask, but I looked like I was about to rob a bank with my swag bag, so I obviously couldn't wear that one.
So we went to the fancy dress shop down the road and I bought my outfit for less than €5. Granted, I only bought a mask and some glitter hair spray but the mask was €1, man. €1.
The glitter hair spray was rubbish, and I literally sprayed two cans onto my head before it was a tad bit glittery. I have some gold glitter hairspray at home that I used once instead of real hairspray because I'd ran out, and TWO friends commented saying that I had glitter in my hair. This Spanish glitter was just so rubbish hahaha. Looked like I hadn't washed my hair in a week.
I also ended up tipping half a bag of confetti on my head, so I'm still pulling little bits of paper out of my hair now.
I drank far too much. I won't even deny it. I also drank it all far too quickly, because we went out fairly early at 7 to drink cava on the beach, but that ended up not happening, so we turned to the clubs instead. I drank more wine that night than I've ever drank in my entire life, because I don't like wine. A few other naughty drunk habits followed and I ended up dragging my friend back to the hotel practically blind through the mess of the carnival, and there were barriers everywhere that made us take a 10 minute detour, which wasn't fun. This was at 11pm hahahahaha, we couldn't even last until midnight, what losers. Drinking to excess is not cool, this makes it sound like I condone it. Do not drink.
My favourite picture of the night has to be this one though:
It's horrible to think about, I do not appreciate any photos that surface from that era…
Now I look like this, to reassure myself that those dark days are over:
My favourite picture is on my wall, and it's my favourite picture of me too. I'm not mean enough to crop who I'm with out of it for here, and not bitchy enough to spread it further than it needs to go. But I look fabulous.
In other news,
These are my most favourite pair of jeans ever right now. I will wear them every day until I find some I like better. I've looked for a pair like this for ever, and still have a pair on order from China that still haven't even arrived yet, and I ordered them on the 31st December hahahahaha yeah they're not coming…
Before I went away, this is how I had to try and pack my case. After I took this I was literally stuffing socks around him and he wasn't going to move haha.
| This is a blurry picture but he looks the most cute on this one hahaha |
We left on Sunday and flew straight from Newcastle to Barcelona. Not too stressful. The flight is just that little bit longer than Sweden from Stansted, and it's just that little bit too long, so that you're bored and uncomfortable and you're not that close to landing. I don't even want to know what I'll be like flying to America! Flying doesn't bother me at all, it's just how long it takes that's frustrating.
Luckily, despite how much I was dreading it, our lecturer took us around the carnival on Sunday night. It was all open, and you could go and talk to the performers 'backstage' and everything. We took a lot of pictures for our assignment, which I'm soooo thankful for, because not a lot of pictures were taken on Tuesday… I'll not put the pictures up here because they're fairly boring, of dancers in the street and advertisements relevant to our assignment hahaha.
Monday was a quick trip to Barcelona. What a pretty little city. I knew nothing about Barcelona before visiting but it turns out that a lot of it was styled by Gaudi, an artist who lived in Barcelona about 100 years ago (I think!). So a lot of the street furniture is modelled by him, and the street lamps are all ornate, and a couple of the buildings were also designed by him, which just make the city stand out from every single other European city, and believe me, about 90% of them all look the same!
We took the longest bus ride ever up to Park Güell, which is right on the outskirts of Barcelona. Here's another history lesson, it was meant to be a housing estate but due to one reason or another, it was made into gardens instead, and little Gaudi was involved again, and made them look really pretty.
I was really excited to visit this place, because the pictures made it look amazing. And it was, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to go back without uni, so it isn't so time bound. It would have looked unbelievable at sunset, but we were there in the haze of the morning, so it wasn't so spectacular. Also, one of the main buildings in sight was getting renovated so it was all in ugly blue scaffolding and mesh. So ugly, and kind of spoiled the nice views.
See that blue tower in the last picture? That is such a pretty building that looks like it belongs in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but it was all covered up :(
Then, if you thought that was pretty, get yourself over to Sagrada Família. It's a church in Barcelona that looks like a load of cement was accidentally sprayed into the air, and fairly massive and ugly from the outside.
But get inside and it's so colourful and pretty, on a sunny day. Stained glass windows make up large parts of the walls and light just floods in and lights the entire building, as though it was lit artificially. Amazing, I thought.
It looks nothing like what it looks like on Google images, I've no idea why there are no better pictures of the interior. It was so bright and there was just a beautiful red glow on one side and a cool blue on the other. Fairytale like.
Then went for lunch. Very expensive paella that wasn't the most amazing paella I've ever had. But welcome to Las Ramblas, Barcelona. Charge me 20% more for sitting outside?! I don't think so…
The next day was Tuesday, and the proper day of the carnival. The town is eerily quiet during the day, and we walked through 'the square' were it would all be happening on the night. It's totally the gay capital of Spain. For it's relatively small size as a town, there are a hell of a lot of gay bars. Not to mention the two gay prides happening later on this summer. It's not bustling though. I suppose for the down-season it was busy but it wasn't even somewhere I'd like to go in the summer. Didn't have a vibe.
It has a pretty beach though:
| Cute |
| Where are my boyfriend's feet next to me? This has no cuteness. That wasn't a reference to the seagull above hahahaha |
We went into this little hippy shop that sold bracelets and sharks teeth, and incense and wooden boxes… you know the type of place. And as we got deeper into the shop, my eye caught something moving, and I actually nearly died. That stupid MASSIVE lion in the middle of the shop bloody MOVED! It like, circled it's head and it scared the crap out of me, because I thought it was a real lion. I didn't even think I was scared of lions but I would clearly run a mile if I ever saw a real one. Bloody hell man.
Then, it was carnival time.
My friend had this mask, but I looked like I was about to rob a bank with my swag bag, so I obviously couldn't wear that one.
So we went to the fancy dress shop down the road and I bought my outfit for less than €5. Granted, I only bought a mask and some glitter hair spray but the mask was €1, man. €1.
The glitter hair spray was rubbish, and I literally sprayed two cans onto my head before it was a tad bit glittery. I have some gold glitter hairspray at home that I used once instead of real hairspray because I'd ran out, and TWO friends commented saying that I had glitter in my hair. This Spanish glitter was just so rubbish hahaha. Looked like I hadn't washed my hair in a week.
I also ended up tipping half a bag of confetti on my head, so I'm still pulling little bits of paper out of my hair now.
| This is about the only picture I have of the night. The rest of the pictures are selfies of me and boys… Even then there's only two of them… |
I drank far too much. I won't even deny it. I also drank it all far too quickly, because we went out fairly early at 7 to drink cava on the beach, but that ended up not happening, so we turned to the clubs instead. I drank more wine that night than I've ever drank in my entire life, because I don't like wine. A few other naughty drunk habits followed and I ended up dragging my friend back to the hotel practically blind through the mess of the carnival, and there were barriers everywhere that made us take a 10 minute detour, which wasn't fun. This was at 11pm hahahahaha, we couldn't even last until midnight, what losers. Drinking to excess is not cool, this makes it sound like I condone it. Do not drink.
My favourite picture of the night has to be this one though:
As little 5'4" me is screaming, 'I can't see shit!' behind a crowd of people, the tallest person I know, quite possibly, gets me on his shoulders so that I can have 'a better view' haha. I'm well drunk by this point and he's dancing and I'm falling all over the place, as my friend is trying to hold me up hahaha, I'm a mess.
Wednesday morning I'm so hungover it hurts, and I searched the entire airport for some travel sickness tablets, to find out there is no pharmacy in departures, how ridiculous. I thought I was just really hungover, but it turns out I'd managed to contract some tropical disease, and I've come home with tonsillitis. No wonder I was feeling so shit, I was hungover AND ill. Nobody deserves that. I'm still really ill now, and it's strange because I feel a little bit better than I did yesterday, but I woke up this morning with my eyes glued shut with sleep. Like, if my parents thought I'd been kissing boys whilst I've been away (which I can tell you I definitely haven't been hahaha) what are they thinking now I've woken up with bloody pink eye?! I also look fairly terrible. I took a selfie before and I was just white hahaha. That got deleted…
So I came home without having a shower, looking like this:
I just did not care at all. No makeup, no shower, looking trampy af. Some kids on the metro kindly pointed out that I had stuff in my hair, but it's like, thanks but I'm not blind.
| He always looks good :( |
I was also watching kids TV the other day, because I have nothing better to do with my life. We were watching My Parents are Aliens, because I used to watch it as a kid. Look at this kid below!
That looks scarily like what I used to look like as a kid. How embarrassing, I'm mortified. That fact too that it was implicitly implied that she was the ugly one in the story line, I'm embarrassed for myself, my friends, my parents…
Like, if you don't believe me, this was me in 2007/8…
It's horrible to think about, I do not appreciate any photos that surface from that era…
Now I look like this, to reassure myself that those dark days are over:
My favourite picture is on my wall, and it's my favourite picture of me too. I'm not mean enough to crop who I'm with out of it for here, and not bitchy enough to spread it further than it needs to go. But I look fabulous.
These are my most favourite pair of jeans ever right now. I will wear them every day until I find some I like better. I've looked for a pair like this for ever, and still have a pair on order from China that still haven't even arrived yet, and I ordered them on the 31st December hahahahaha yeah they're not coming…
| What a cutie |
| My best friend (look, those jeans) |
| How can the sky look so beautiful? |
| Went food tasting for our award show. Like, how posh?! I felt so executive haha. Not used to that kind of treatment, but embracing it! |
It's so close to our event now! There are only 18 days left, and we're actually surprisingly on track! For the first time last night I had a dream about it that wasn't necessarily a nightmare haha. I'm terrified of it going all to pot, and for it to just completely fail, but we have everything in place at the moment, and only have 5 more tables left to sell, so hopefully everything will be juuuust fiiiine. Praying though…
Signed up to T in the Park with Festaff again. As well as about 5 others haha. Gan wild. I really don't fancy camping my entire summer but it'll be fine once I'm there ;)
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment