Firstly, let's not ignore the fact that I've changed the colour scheme, yaaay. Hope y'all like it, because I'm not changing it anyway. I always think that there aren't enough colours to choose from in the world. There should be an alternative spectrum with colours that we've never seen before on. How weird is that, colours that we've never seen before…
Me and Jaxon are best friends at the moment. He's just super cool, and it's nice to feel missed when I get home after a few days and he wants to sit with me.
I couldn't keep my laugh in when I was taking these pictures so this first one is where I laughed because it looked so funny, so he looked at me haha.
Then I went to London for work. Perhaps it's because I'm so northern, but London is a very strange place, where everywhere is a household name. The fact we were staying in Hammersmith, like, everyone's heard of Hammersmith. So many places are recognisable because London basically is the UK, to any outsider (so not the case, but). I do actually hate London, and would never wilfully live there, ever. I don't even think I could work there. The people are just so different to up north. The entire culture of London is separate to the rest of the UK, and it's very hard to 'be a Londoner' when you're so obviously not. I don't mind visiting every now and then, but that's enough for me.
Is the tube really cheap? I can't really tell because it's hard to work out when you're going through the barriers, but to me, it seems fairly cheap. I have my railcard linked to my oyster card, so obviously that makes it a little cheaper, but comparing it to a DaySaver on the Metro, which is £4.60 now, it seems decent. I don't know. Prefer to ignore how much things cost in London.
Is the tube really cheap? I can't really tell because it's hard to work out when you're going through the barriers, but to me, it seems fairly cheap. I have my railcard linked to my oyster card, so obviously that makes it a little cheaper, but comparing it to a DaySaver on the Metro, which is £4.60 now, it seems decent. I don't know. Prefer to ignore how much things cost in London.
| Such culture. |
Actually, one good thing about London is it's West End. We went to go see Matilda the musical at the Cambridge Theatre, and, wow, it was amazing. I can't even believe how good those kids are at singing, dancing, acting, everything. Matilda obviously sang, danced, acted, but towards the end, she even spoke a paragraph of Russian, which had me thinking, what have I even done with my life? The answer, after watching that is, nothing. I have achieved nothing, whilst this 10 year old is performing in a west end musical 2 nights a week. And so this week, when I have kids they will be west end stars. Last week I'm sure I was going to buy them six ponies each so they could become riding stars, but no, they shall now be my little musical darlings. I will just have to have as many kids as it takes until one can sing well, because if they inherit my musical talent, they won't even set foot in a rehearsal.
If you ever get a chance to go see Matilda, totally do it. I'd even go again. I feel like I'm at risk of getting into musicals, and going to see them more often.
We also went to Pizza Hut, I feel like that is worth a mention. Had 40 minutes for our meal before the show started and we managed! Also had a very delicious pizza that had a BBQ sauce base, which made it taste divine. Pizza Hut is a very culturally interesting place. We should go sometime.
But the real reason we were in London is because there was a conference down there. Not a lot to say about it really, haha. It wasn't really much different to a conference up here.
I very nearly didn't get back to Newcastle on Thursday, since a lorry hit a bridge at Finsbury Park, and it needed assessing to make sure it was structurally safe for the train to cross. Little bit scary whichever they decide. Turns out it was structurally safe, so we went across it, which could have been a very bad decision if it wasn't assessed properly and it fell down whilst we were going across it haha. Prior to that, I'd lost my ticket and my railcard, so it was looking like a trip across to Gatwick to another R&B job that was going on there, to get a lift back with someone from that job, since everyone I was with in Hammersmith was heading to Monte Carlo the day after, not Newcastle. Oops.
Got back to this massive bruise on my leg haha. Have no idea what it's from, but it doesn't hurt… I don't bruise very easily, so it's weird for it to be so big, without knowing where it's from haha.
I got offered paid work at the Foo Fighters concert at the Stadium of Light, and since I was in London when the talk happened, I was kindly sent through all the information to hand in my request to work, but it had to be submitted within 24 hours, which was on Thursday. First problem, I don't like the Foo Fighters, secondly, I'm actually meant to be in Austria then, for Eurovision. So even though my university has been kind enough to get my all this information and the opportunity, I've had to turn it down which I feel quite bad for since they're trying their hardest to keep me in uni, because I'm clearly on their 'ones to watch' list of potential leavers.
Next week I have a taste panel for our awards ceremony in March. Should be fun, I've never done one of these before. Then I'm off to Barcelona, which I am nooootttttt looking forward to at all. It's gonna be crap. Looking forward to going to Barcelona for the day, but the rest of the time we're in Sitges watching a carnival, which is not my idea of fun. Luckily it's only like, 4 days, but still. It's funny because it will be the longest time I will be with people from uni for a long time. I usually only go into uni about 1 day a week, 2 at a push and the rest of the time I'm at home or at work, so people at uni just don't see me. I'm going to try my best not to whinge, and be a nice happy little tourist with lots of like minded people, but that's likely not to last.
Really really really hope we go here though:
Then I'd be happy…
But the real reason we were in London is because there was a conference down there. Not a lot to say about it really, haha. It wasn't really much different to a conference up here.
| A team |
I very nearly didn't get back to Newcastle on Thursday, since a lorry hit a bridge at Finsbury Park, and it needed assessing to make sure it was structurally safe for the train to cross. Little bit scary whichever they decide. Turns out it was structurally safe, so we went across it, which could have been a very bad decision if it wasn't assessed properly and it fell down whilst we were going across it haha. Prior to that, I'd lost my ticket and my railcard, so it was looking like a trip across to Gatwick to another R&B job that was going on there, to get a lift back with someone from that job, since everyone I was with in Hammersmith was heading to Monte Carlo the day after, not Newcastle. Oops.
| Struck |
Got back to this massive bruise on my leg haha. Have no idea what it's from, but it doesn't hurt… I don't bruise very easily, so it's weird for it to be so big, without knowing where it's from haha.
I got offered paid work at the Foo Fighters concert at the Stadium of Light, and since I was in London when the talk happened, I was kindly sent through all the information to hand in my request to work, but it had to be submitted within 24 hours, which was on Thursday. First problem, I don't like the Foo Fighters, secondly, I'm actually meant to be in Austria then, for Eurovision. So even though my university has been kind enough to get my all this information and the opportunity, I've had to turn it down which I feel quite bad for since they're trying their hardest to keep me in uni, because I'm clearly on their 'ones to watch' list of potential leavers.
Next week I have a taste panel for our awards ceremony in March. Should be fun, I've never done one of these before. Then I'm off to Barcelona, which I am nooootttttt looking forward to at all. It's gonna be crap. Looking forward to going to Barcelona for the day, but the rest of the time we're in Sitges watching a carnival, which is not my idea of fun. Luckily it's only like, 4 days, but still. It's funny because it will be the longest time I will be with people from uni for a long time. I usually only go into uni about 1 day a week, 2 at a push and the rest of the time I'm at home or at work, so people at uni just don't see me. I'm going to try my best not to whinge, and be a nice happy little tourist with lots of like minded people, but that's likely not to last.
Really really really hope we go here though:
![]() |
| Park Güell |
Then I'd be happy…
I think I want to go to all the colourful places in the world like this.
PS, melodifestivalen starts again tonight. I'll be watching it… and also going to the final again!
Jordanavia :)





No comments :
Post a Comment