Yes, happy 5 years of blogging, that is. Today I got this timehop…
Which is honestly one of the better timehop's from 5 years ago! Does anybody else read them and just cringe? I used to seriously wonder why I didn't have a boyfriend, but now that I can see what my mind was doing 4, 5 and even 6 years ago, it's fairly obvious. Pictures like this also surface:
And I'm only angry at my parents for allowing me out of the house, because this is just awful. May I also just take a second to kneel down before and praise my friends because they knew me in such a state. I mean, look at me. Actually no, don't. I am embarrassed at myself.
But thanks for sticking around. With just under 40,000 hits in 5 years, I'd consider this blog a minor success. If not for anyone else, but for myself, because on numerous occasions, it's proved invaluable at remembering what happened in the past, and documenting special occasions, and now I'll have that raw memory forever, every time I read what I wrote. Just perhaps erasing the mental images of myself in the above state. FYI, it was for a video that I never actually made, which is probably the universe's way of telling me 'no really no… no more'.
In other news: (actually in other other news I have a lot less to talk about because I thought I was further behind than this…)
This little pub does something called hot rock cooking, where, in simple terms, they bring out a raw steak on a 440°c slab of stone and you basically cook your own steak. You can make it as done as you like, and when it's ready, you just remove it from the rock. It's actually very novel, and I recommend it to anyone who likes something a little bit different. I also recommend it to anyone who likes their steak still mooing, because it's literally cold when it comes out.
We went to watch the Great North Run start too. Victoria, who was running for the Northern Brainwave Appeal (who support my dad), managed to finish in just over 2 hours, but even better, managed to raise just short of £3000 for the charity, which is actually amazing.
If anyone wants any information about the evening do my mother is holding on the 24th October for the charity, ping me a message and I'll sort y-out.
This seems like a very easy way of operating vision at an event, using a lighting desk, but it's surprisingly difficult! Maybe I just made it difficult because I make most things difficult, but I'm not used to fading! In fact, I've never operated a lighting desk before, be it for lighting, or vision, so to do this was a first! And to be fair, the three sessions meant three times I could have messed up, but didn't once, so it's safe to say I'm now media server trained
and lighting desk trained. Two birds, one stone.
 |
| This was also dubbed the largest projection sequence in the north east! |
 |
| Jeeeeeesus Chriiiist, suuuuuperstaaaar |
Don't go to this if you're expecting any sort of narrative. There's none. I was sang to (badly) for 2 hours and was fairly done in by the end. Everything's Alright is the only decent song.
 |
| Gutted because Snapchat has a fault and crashed when I saved this, so I couldn't send it. Nightmare. |
 |
| Babe. I actually photoshopped myself out of this picture… |
 |
| Werk it |
 |
| Entrepreneurs Awards at Crowne Plaza. Somehow I'll never forget being at this venue… |
It was so weird being somewhere so new, too, since the walls still had building dust on them, and the carpet was moulting hahaha.
 |
| Shouldn't include this, but giggled for a good 10 minutes at this smiley horsey in the presentation. |
A little bit of exciting news. Actually, it starts with some not very exciting news. Third year at uni means dissertations, and all summer I've been stressing to think of a topic, but thought I'd have loads of time. Turns out the first lecture on the first day back was basically 'FILL IN THIS SHEET DECLARING YOUR DISSERTATION TITLE NOW' and I know a lot of people are stressing more than I did, because they still haven't thought of anything. A good 60% of the class had no idea about their research topic, which is scary. If uni hasn't inspired you to even enjoy one of your modules… (hasn't for me either, but…)
So to combine two worlds, I'm basing mine around theme parks (this is where it gets exciting), so after a bit of research as to the types of literature I'll be using to write it, one thing lead to another and I ended up on the website of the Euro Attractions Show, which is held in Gothenburg, Sweden in October. Sounds interesting, which it is, and I have seen the fact that it's happening a few months previously, but thought nothing of it. Turns out there is a seminar that is EXACTLY MY DISSERTATION TOPIC and I really really have to go. One hour later, I have my flights booked and I'm off to Sweden again! I make this the 9th time, but it might actually be the 10th. And so I'm so excited, because Sweden and theme parks are two of my favourite things, and look, I'm combining them! Not to mention that my badge gets me access to Liseberg theme park IN THE DARK! This is so exciting. It's a shame that it has to involve uni work, but at the same time, I booked an extra day so I could enjoy Gotheburg outside of the conference :D (I'll also get another lanyard, which is probably just as exciting as riding rides in Liseberg… y'all know the obsession…)
Before that though, we have Thorpe Park next week… can't wait!
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment