I've learned a lot about myself these last few weeks and months. A particular favourite realisation of mine was discovered when thinking about what type of answer to give in a job interview when they ask you what your weaknesses are. We all know that this is technically a trick question, and pretty much and answer you give will mark you down. Like, if you have none, you're not even living in the real world, and if you say you hate people, you're probably not going to get that customer service job. Anyway, let's all hear about my weakness. I'm a nosy little parker. Everyone else's business, I somehow make my own and I delight in finding out gossip. Granted, this is not the type of weakness I would mention in my job interviews, but as a person, I feel it's important to know them for your self-awareness, right?
There was a follow-up point to this, slightly related to the post title, but I've since decided against wasting my life typing it up. Instead, let's just learn through the medium of pictures what I've been doing these last few weeks.
We had a dishes strike. Not a violent or aggressive one, but a passive, subliminal stand-off as to who was going to do the washing up. Neither of us felt like we should, and so these dishes literally piled up all the way down the bench. To the point of not being able to use a third of the kitchen. Anyway, mediation occurred, and look how happy we were to do the dishes! I was only smiling because I was drying.
The only issue with this picture is how couple-y we look in our kitchen washing up together haha. If only people would believe us when we tell them what we are (or are not). I am fully aware of what people who don't know us think of us haha. I know you'll read this Andrew hahahaha.
Moving on… it was my birthday! 21, can you even believe it. I can't. It was a tiny bit of a sad birthday this year, because it didn't feel like my birthday. I had only realised it was coming up the week before, and despite having family coming at me from all directions with the dreaded question 'what do you want for your birthday?' I had no idea. I had a low key day. Saw my parents in the morning and then ended up in Krispy Kreme of all places on the evening. Do look at this card though:
Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday. It always means a lot to me when people do. I could get no presents at all, but if lots of people wished me a happy birthday I'd be happy.
And now look how sweet this is:
Three little doughnuts that said Happy Birthday Jordan. Accompanied by candles and a rendition of happy birthday. Chat to me if you'd like to be entertained with the full hilarious story, but this was a very tame and civilised way to spend your 21st. I did realise though, that this year, that is the closest I got to a cake and candles. I didn't have a birthday cake, and apart from this one, no happy birthday sing-song either. Am I too old for these things now?
What was meant to be an early night… wasn't… but it definitely was an early morning, since we were on our way to Thorpe Park by 5:30am. What a grim time to get up to go anywhere, but we did have a really good time at Thorpe Park. I never realised how tiny it was, as a theme park, but was still impressed with their selection of rides. It was a little bit like, though, they had ordered two of each ride that's at Alton Towers, but just made them slightly bigger for Thorpe Park. We had two days there, but it could be done in one, if it was as quiet as it was when we were there. Best ride? I'd say backwards on The Swarm, or Saw. I'd totally go again, but I'd probably build it into a trip whilst I'm down there, since it's a long way to go for it. I also still prefer Alton Towers. The staff are more friendly, the feel of the place is more enchanting and as soon as the Smiler is back, it will continue to have very good rides.
Can't believe I took 0 pictures of Thorpe Park though. I have literally none. I did turn into a very ill person half way through it though. Over the course of about an hour, I completely lost my voice, and the 5 hour car journey back was awful, feeling like my nose had been blocked with concrete.
One night in my own bed, before flying to Sweden! I would usually have been so excited to go, but I was still feeling fairly ill, and I was going by myself. It's really not as fun when you're by yourself, it turns out. I actually went over there to attend the Euro Attractions Show in Gothenburg, which was a big exhibition and conference for everything to do with the themed entertainment industry. It was definitely the most interesting exhibition I've been to, considering I've been to lots of boring ones for work! The seminar I went to seemed promising for my dissertation, which, might I add, was the actual reason for going over in the first place! It turns out that the seminar was fairly uninformative and actually, I would still be in the same position had I not gone.
The best part though was definitely Liseberg, the theme park they have there in Gothenburg. It's in the middle of the city, and is slotted in around the traditional rocky Swedish landscape. Everyone who attended the expo had free access to the whole park from 6pm until 11:30pm, and it was amazing. It got dark very quickly, and even though it was freezing cold because it was Sweden in October, I had a really great time. The drop tower they have there is the tallest in Europe, and you got a really good view of the entire city from the top. It was pretty scary though because it was windy at the top! It gets eerily quiet the higher you get, and you sit there for about 30 seconds, 116 metres above the ground. Drop towers are definitely the scariest ride at theme parks, I think.
There is also a ride called Helix, which is only a year old, but I think it's my favourite ride ever. I only went on it three times, and the third time, I befriended some guys from Jordan, who took a particular delight at the fact I was 'named after their country'. Since I was on my third go, I knew where the camera was on the ride so as he was taunting me saying 'oohhh, you scared?!', I decided to pull a face for the camera. Turns out it back fired on me, as it looks as though I'm terrified hahahaha. Long story short, here is the photo:
How funny though hahahaha. I hate ride photos.
Next stop is Gröna Lund in Stockholm.
Anyway, Sweden itself was good too! I do always enjoy being over there. I would never move there though. I know I was so set on doing do a couple of years ago, and was very close to doing a marketing degree at Växjö University. Kinda glad I didn't though. I'm not suggesting Sunderland is a step up, but to have just left my life behind would not have been ideal.
I also met my friend Katarina in Gothenburg, and we had a lovely tapas meal at a Greek restaurant. It was so nice to catch up with her, having last seen her at the RixFM Festival date in Gothenburg about 3 years ago. Talked about all sorts, including the obvious, Ola!
Then Divas and Diamonds, for the 3rd year. Heres a link to last year, and a link to the year before. This year was almost completely sober actually, which is a little bit of a contrast to previous years. Because I care a little bit less about everything, every day, I just could not care less about not buying a new dress for this event. And so I do not have an outfit picture, because it's nothing special haha. Don't get me wrong, I love to dress up, but just not at Divas and Diamonds…
And then I had a lovely catch up with some friends. It turns out that Wetherspoons at the Metrocentre turns into the watering hole for pretty much every clique of colleagues on a Sunday evening after work finishes. There were so many shifts of staff having a quiet drink after they finished, and there's just me sitting by myself waiting for my friends hahaha.
I miss these guys. We don't see a lot of each other but I just laugh so much when we're together. Everything seems funny with them and we just laugh all the way through our catch ups.
Obsessed with this song too:
Like, seriously, this song is so uplifting, I just love it. I gravitate towards it when it's played hahahhaa.
And also impressed with The 1975's new song, Love Me. Excited to see them perform that live in November.
And as a last note, happy birthday Jaxon, my favourite little kitty, who's 4 today.
Jordanavia :)
There was a follow-up point to this, slightly related to the post title, but I've since decided against wasting my life typing it up. Instead, let's just learn through the medium of pictures what I've been doing these last few weeks.
| This was a pretty sunset one night. Nothing much else to it hahahaha. |
We had a dishes strike. Not a violent or aggressive one, but a passive, subliminal stand-off as to who was going to do the washing up. Neither of us felt like we should, and so these dishes literally piled up all the way down the bench. To the point of not being able to use a third of the kitchen. Anyway, mediation occurred, and look how happy we were to do the dishes! I was only smiling because I was drying.
The only issue with this picture is how couple-y we look in our kitchen washing up together haha. If only people would believe us when we tell them what we are (or are not). I am fully aware of what people who don't know us think of us haha. I know you'll read this Andrew hahahaha.
| Had my phoenix moment again this year on TV… Nice bum |
Moving on… it was my birthday! 21, can you even believe it. I can't. It was a tiny bit of a sad birthday this year, because it didn't feel like my birthday. I had only realised it was coming up the week before, and despite having family coming at me from all directions with the dreaded question 'what do you want for your birthday?' I had no idea. I had a low key day. Saw my parents in the morning and then ended up in Krispy Kreme of all places on the evening. Do look at this card though:
| That is totally me. |
Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday. It always means a lot to me when people do. I could get no presents at all, but if lots of people wished me a happy birthday I'd be happy.
| I don't know why I like these little patterns so much. I find them a little bit fascinating… |
And now look how sweet this is:
What was meant to be an early night… wasn't… but it definitely was an early morning, since we were on our way to Thorpe Park by 5:30am. What a grim time to get up to go anywhere, but we did have a really good time at Thorpe Park. I never realised how tiny it was, as a theme park, but was still impressed with their selection of rides. It was a little bit like, though, they had ordered two of each ride that's at Alton Towers, but just made them slightly bigger for Thorpe Park. We had two days there, but it could be done in one, if it was as quiet as it was when we were there. Best ride? I'd say backwards on The Swarm, or Saw. I'd totally go again, but I'd probably build it into a trip whilst I'm down there, since it's a long way to go for it. I also still prefer Alton Towers. The staff are more friendly, the feel of the place is more enchanting and as soon as the Smiler is back, it will continue to have very good rides.
Can't believe I took 0 pictures of Thorpe Park though. I have literally none. I did turn into a very ill person half way through it though. Over the course of about an hour, I completely lost my voice, and the 5 hour car journey back was awful, feeling like my nose had been blocked with concrete.
One night in my own bed, before flying to Sweden! I would usually have been so excited to go, but I was still feeling fairly ill, and I was going by myself. It's really not as fun when you're by yourself, it turns out. I actually went over there to attend the Euro Attractions Show in Gothenburg, which was a big exhibition and conference for everything to do with the themed entertainment industry. It was definitely the most interesting exhibition I've been to, considering I've been to lots of boring ones for work! The seminar I went to seemed promising for my dissertation, which, might I add, was the actual reason for going over in the first place! It turns out that the seminar was fairly uninformative and actually, I would still be in the same position had I not gone.
| The expo hall |
| lanyards lanyards lanyards I was very happy to wear this |
The best part though was definitely Liseberg, the theme park they have there in Gothenburg. It's in the middle of the city, and is slotted in around the traditional rocky Swedish landscape. Everyone who attended the expo had free access to the whole park from 6pm until 11:30pm, and it was amazing. It got dark very quickly, and even though it was freezing cold because it was Sweden in October, I had a really great time. The drop tower they have there is the tallest in Europe, and you got a really good view of the entire city from the top. It was pretty scary though because it was windy at the top! It gets eerily quiet the higher you get, and you sit there for about 30 seconds, 116 metres above the ground. Drop towers are definitely the scariest ride at theme parks, I think.
There is also a ride called Helix, which is only a year old, but I think it's my favourite ride ever. I only went on it three times, and the third time, I befriended some guys from Jordan, who took a particular delight at the fact I was 'named after their country'. Since I was on my third go, I knew where the camera was on the ride so as he was taunting me saying 'oohhh, you scared?!', I decided to pull a face for the camera. Turns out it back fired on me, as it looks as though I'm terrified hahahaha. Long story short, here is the photo:
How funny though hahahaha. I hate ride photos.
Next stop is Gröna Lund in Stockholm.
Anyway, Sweden itself was good too! I do always enjoy being over there. I would never move there though. I know I was so set on doing do a couple of years ago, and was very close to doing a marketing degree at Växjö University. Kinda glad I didn't though. I'm not suggesting Sunderland is a step up, but to have just left my life behind would not have been ideal.
| My family are a little bit obsessed with these burgers. They are very very good though. |
| Persian rugs anyone? This is a very slight in joke. |
| Ryanair always make me laugh. |
I also met my friend Katarina in Gothenburg, and we had a lovely tapas meal at a Greek restaurant. It was so nice to catch up with her, having last seen her at the RixFM Festival date in Gothenburg about 3 years ago. Talked about all sorts, including the obvious, Ola!
Then Divas and Diamonds, for the 3rd year. Heres a link to last year, and a link to the year before. This year was almost completely sober actually, which is a little bit of a contrast to previous years. Because I care a little bit less about everything, every day, I just could not care less about not buying a new dress for this event. And so I do not have an outfit picture, because it's nothing special haha. Don't get me wrong, I love to dress up, but just not at Divas and Diamonds…
| It was a little bit like being on a cruise ship unfortunately… |
And then I had a lovely catch up with some friends. It turns out that Wetherspoons at the Metrocentre turns into the watering hole for pretty much every clique of colleagues on a Sunday evening after work finishes. There were so many shifts of staff having a quiet drink after they finished, and there's just me sitting by myself waiting for my friends hahaha.
| Yessss… the hearts are back… |
Obsessed with this song too:
Like, seriously, this song is so uplifting, I just love it. I gravitate towards it when it's played hahahhaa.
And also impressed with The 1975's new song, Love Me. Excited to see them perform that live in November.
And as a last note, happy birthday Jaxon, my favourite little kitty, who's 4 today.
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment