Saturday, 31 October 2015

It's definitely Autumn

Let's not avoid the elephant in the room. Yes I have changed the design! No I know you can't read it, no I know it looks worse than last time but I got bored of duck egg blue haha. I will try to refine the way it looks once I know what to do, but it will probably involve a change of background so that the text is actually readable haha. Very sorry in advance for your eyes.


It's so strange how you forget how dark it gets this time of year. It has only been about 300 days since this happened the last time, but we're all wandering around going 'ooh, isn't it dark now? 5 o'clock and look at the sky!' It is a bit weird though. I myself am included in that group of people commenting on how dark it is. I haven't quite adjusted yet to the darker nights, and it doesn't help when your car clock is still an hour fast, thinking you're just super late for everything.

It is though, my favourite time of year. Recently because of where I live now, and the position of the sun over the river at sunrise. It's just so perfectly aligned, and on the occasional day the sunrise wakes me up, it looks so gorgeous and it's the most perfect way to start the day. I would love to take a photo of it with my DSLR, but I can't process doing this when I'm half asleep, and I'll probably continue to take photos with my iPhone instead…

It obviously looks a lot nicer than this, but I can't work technology 6 seconds after waking up
It's also the season of hoodies (and that pink coat that is permanently attached to my body), and hot chocolates, scarves and suspicious looking piles of leaves that could be hiding hedgehogs in them. Alternatively, step on a pile of wet leaves and all you'll be left with is a twisted ankle and a broken wrist… it's a genuine concern of mine.


Firstly let's all look at my darling…


How super adorable. I'm at home writing this now, but he's not around and I miss him! My brother will occasionally snapchat him and my heart aches for want to just see him. He's actually like my son, and I feel as though this is what it would feel like to love a child.

Because just look at him! 

He always seems quite boring on pictures, and it is true that he sleeps a lot, and goes outside a lot, and we don't tend to see an awful lot of him, but he's still a babe when he's awake and indoors hahaha.


Can't stop laughing at this picture
I welcome your snapchat adds: jordanavia


I have these pants, and I tweeted about them because they're super skin tight, but also really thickly knitted, and they remind me of the leggings that babies and toddlers wear. Not necessarily tights, but just leggings… I tried to find a picture but could only really find this one:


In my head they're called the baby pants, because of who wears them, but actually that makes it sound as though I've bought myself a pair of maternity trousers hahaha. May I clarify here too, that they are not maternity pants haha.

I went to uni last week! This is unfortunately a rare occasion these days, but not for a bad reason. In the lecture pictured below, we were learning, in an EVENTS MANAGEMENT course, types of housing found in cities and villages. If in your head, you're thinking, 'terraces, semi-detached, detached…' you are 100% correct about the content of the lecture. We were literally learning GCSE Geography. Actually, I'm sure I learned about types of housing in primary school… yes, it was about density, and speculating how many people would live in these types of houses, but it was still utterly unrelated to Events. How ridiculous.
So my friend likes mermaids, and wanted a piece of art commissioned that she drew a concept of, and because I'm so amazing at art, I drew it for her with Tesco value highlighters…



Not sure our lecturer was best pleased but he gets paid regardless so he really shouldn't care.


He's not finished yet


This is what it must actually feel like to be a squatter. Eating McDonalds in a warehouse on an 8 seater dining table with candlesticks haha


But yes I'm back to work! After a very long summer break and a strop to do with male clients (not in that sense haha), I finally sat back at my desk in the office and designed two shows! It's turned very therapeutic, and it never used to be. To sit and make a show from scratch with masters is very nicely organised and structured, which comes few and far between in this job! Shame the job's in Cardiff, but I'm at Alton Towers at the time haha.

I look too good not to include this picture
*we are not a couple hahahaha



These pictures are from last Saturday night, when my mam organised a fundraising evening for The Northern Brainwave Appeal, the charity supporting my dad. It was actually a very good and successful night, and we managed to raise just under £4000 for the charity. Combine that with the money raised from the Great North Run and so far we've raised £7000 for them, which is not too bad really.
Despite it being absolutely freezing in some corners, I had a good time, despite working haha. Shut up and dance was played so I was happy haha.

Infront of the heater haha

My dad and me :)




Got this the other day. For free! I really am fascinated by latte art, and so far I've lived my life thinking you could only get latte art on lattes. Turns out that's wrong, because here is a classic latte art… on a hot chocolate! Amazing. We had musical notes yesterday, but the excitement was too much at the fact that they had been sprinkled on backwards, that I forgot to take a picture haha.


Can you believe this was done with another light?! The beams are so hot it can melt plastic. Scary.

Those lights can also do this:




I hope that works. Blogger has never been the best at videos. But if it doesn't, here are all those lights popping a balloon.

My pork heart hahaha



Went to Tynemouth today:

That ain't no stencil…




We managed to go to Tynemouth, but didn't actually step foot on the beach. Which is actually a good thing for me, because I hate sand in my shoes or on my feet. It was a very mild day though, and a very nice Saturday eating chips looking at the sea.


I appreciate this has not been the most interesting blog post. Unfortunately my main focus this week was just to get to the end of the week, after a harrowing start to it. However, a few smiling faces later, I'm good, and we'll get through it, I hope. Just keep smiling, everyone.


As I mentioned though, next week is Alton Towers, which should be… interesting. Considering it's mid-week November during term time at a theme park in decline hahahaha. I reckon we'll have the entire park practically to ourselves, which is obviously a great thing. It's just unfortunate that the smiler is not yet back in action.


Oh, also another elephant in the room… my blog now has ads. I'm not allowed to tell you to click on them, but it's a small way to monetise this blog. Just sayin'… ;)


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment