Blogger is glitchy at the moment and doesn't display a blinking cursor and I never realised how much I need to see a cursor blinking in order to form orderly thoughts in a non-anxious manner. Like, where am I even typing, who knows… why are there now three?
I've decided I should be better at blogging, since I've done it for 4 and a bit years without putting that much effort into it. I don't have a 'specialist subject' which makes it a little bit more difficult, because if all I blogged about was clothes or make up, it'd be a lot easier, I think… I'm not in any position to quit blogging though. I do enjoy it. There was a time last year when I got bored of it, and it grew a little out of hand, considering I thought I'd just made it for myself. I promote it though, and with that comes the yearn for more and more readers, since when you get a few, then a few more, all you want is a bigger following.
But I have been thinking. Dangerous, I know. But, the 'natural progression' from blogging is vlogging, especially when you're super lazy like me and hate typing. How much easier would it be to just talk, and then post the link to the video on here? Also, it's probably wildly against the terms of service, but because this blog is now monetised, and I'm also approved to monetise my Youtube videos, if I combine the two, that's double the chance of revenue, right? I think so, and with that comes the difficult job of actually starting to make videos, alongside blogging. Shyness crippled me as a kid, and the story I tell everyone as to how shy I really was, is that when I went along with my mam to her friends' houses, I was too shy to even sit down on their chair, even when they offered me a seat. I used to trampoline, and we timed each person's session with a stop watch, and the coach would delegate this to the 4 or 5 of us on each bed. I was too shy to shout 'change!' when the two minutes was up. Not once did I shout 'change!' in the 5 or so years I trampolined. So, on that note, despite being much better these days(!), I think the prospect of vlogging is a little daunting. But, so many people do it these days (including my own brother!)… Is it really that hard, considering what we used to do as kids? I think the hardest part would be doing it by myself, since those videos as kids were done with my friends, it was a lot easier, but talking into a camera by yourself?
Kinda just want to see the fab quality my canon will be with the macro lens though. If it doesn't sound very good, at least it will look awesome.
Also the fact that blogger's video uploader is so utterly useless it's meant I just can't share videos at all unless I needlessly upload them all to youtube and embed them, which is kinda unnecessary for a 20 second cat video.
And saying all this I'll probably never get round to doing one because when do I ever do anything I say I'm going to do hahaha.
Especially since at 9am this morning it dawned on me that I actually go back to uni tomorrow. What a horrible way to start the day. It was like being back at school…
Anyway, in my attempt to be a better blogger, here's January's thoughts and pictures.
And in the process of uploading these, I've noticed that many of them are literally just snapchats. So, if you don't have me on snapchat, and you'd like to after seeing the following selection, you're very welcome. Such as my entire online presence, my username is jordanavia
| Because we all know how much I enjoy a glazed ring every now and then… |
My friend asked if I could dig out a load of the videos we made when we were kids, and I managed! It only took the destruction of my old video camera, the time machine restore of my old mac and a fine-tooth comb search through two external hard drives, but if I want something, I'll get it!
These videos are absolutely hilarious, and although highly embarrassing, several completed videos are still on Youtube. I'll only link the one, but a lot are private and unlisted, for very good reasons.
This one I'm most proud of. I wrote the music and drew the instruments haha.
The videos I found, and the screenshot above and below, are from videos we filmed but never finished, and so they weren't edited into the finished product. The blog post from the filming process is here.
We won an award at work, and so we celebrated with a cake. There's my dad in the white shirt :)
![]() |
| And here are some of us. I clearly didn't get the black top memo. |
And then I went for some quality time with my babies.
![]() |
| Adorable |
But, now it looks a little bit like this:
Which, if it looked like that in real life, I'd be happy, but I don't think it does.
And why yes, I do have a clock in my shower. Yes, it is probably the most helpful investment I've ever made. I now no longer waste days in the shower, and I can now get ready on time.
My hair is far too long though. It's nice, and I like it long, but all of a sudden it just seems to go on and on. The first signs were there yesterday, when I leant over my plate to get my drink, and these (not so) little plaits ended up in my sweet chilli sauce hahahaha.
Although like what I was saying at the start, I'm not a make up blogger, but I have found a new love in make up. I never wore any for school, since we just weren't allowed, and even in sixth form when we were, I just was never brought up to want to wear it, and so I never did. It was only when I started going to uni, and invested in some quality foundation did I ever start to put it on regularly. It's actually probably very easy to tell in these blog posts when I started to wear make up hahaha. But now, I've discovered properly applied eye shadow and eye liner doesn't have to make you look like you're a goth, and a decent foundation doesn't have to make you orange.
In fact, I now have one of these!
It's a make up brush!
I am a giant hypocrite and I apologise to everyone I've ever shunned for their use of brushes hahahaha.
For those interested, it's a Maestro foundation 3 which means nothing to me either… All I know is that it's really soft…
![]() |
| Selfie with a fox's tail for a ponytail… :'( |
We also had a little bit too much fun with Photo Booth…
I laughed until it hurt to laugh hahaha
And that's all I have in the way of pictures.
I'm really into shirts at the minute, if you haven't noticed. I woke up one day and was sick of wearing t-shirts, and so I wore the only shirt I owned then, for the entire week, until I bought some more. I'm still yet to find the perfect shirt outfit, but I really like a black and white striped one I have now. Especially since having a pair of black jeans, outfits just go so well with black jeans.
In slightly less exciting news, I still have 6000 very important words to write before the 11th February. I'm panicked, even though it will probably be really easy, since it's for my dissertation. This huge chunk of work is pretty much going to determine what grade I graduate with. It doesn't matter that I passed the first two years with firsts, this 12000 word document has the power to make me pass or fail. It's totally unfair, and an inaccurate representation of three years work, but it's the way Sunderland university have decided to grade an entire degree, so end of.
And the only thing I can think to leave you all with is a selection of great music.
(Cued this post for Sunday at 11am. I really hope it works hahahaha) It didn't work. I don't know how to technology.
Jordanavia :)











No comments :
Post a Comment