Tuesday, 17 May 2016

I've FINISHED uni!

Incidently, this post is almost an exact month since the last, which is what I had said I was going to try and do. Except I haven't planned it that well…

So much can change in a month. I've been all over, doing lots of everything, and also lots of nothing.

The first huge piece of news is that I've FINISHED UNIVERSITY!!!!! Yep, 3 years of pointless, dull assignments have amounted to (so far) nothing, until I graduate. Of course if I do graduate, and graduate well, I could potentially be Jordan Avia Louise Crerar BA (Hons), how blummin ridiculous is that?! I have a week and two days until I get my results back, (and subsequently have to take a maths degree to work out what my final grade is). I'm kinda worried about what it will be, and I really hope I don't get too disappointed if I haven't done as well as I'd hoped. But, there's nothing we can do until then, so I just have to sit tight!
I can't believe 3 years ago I was starting out at uni, so nervous on my first day here! I can reminisce all I like, I still hated every minute of it hahaha. I met a handful of genuinely nice people and I'm glad to have gone for that reason, if only for that reason alone. There are memories I'd like to sweep under the carpet, and there's those I hope I never forget. Never again will I ever want to live like a student.


It turns out that where we left off last time, I had just lost central heating and hot water in my flat, and was forced to wash my hair in the sink.



And then it was another weekend in the tent of dreams!
Remember last year?
And the year before that?


Please take note of the piece of work I'm most proud of so far this year, that screen in the middle that says Heart of the Community Award. Inverted, gold, key points. A beautiful creation.


I actually broke this weekend up with a trip to Manchester to watch Robot Wars live! I admit, I had expected just a tad more from this tour. It was fairly… low budget, let's say. I don't think I'd go again, but at least they brought Matilda with them. She's bloody enormous. You don't see it on TV but this robot could very very easily commit mass murder with the slip of a button.

And the best photography award goes to…

Also got to hang out with this cutie for a night too…




He's such a character. Wanting to be in the bathroom whilst I was in the shower. Crying making sure I was alright still in a watery cupboard haha.


So then I was back. This time for Ladies Day. A big tent full of drunk middle-aged women, naked butlers and drag queens… the recipe for a perfect day out, no? No.



They were loving Ben Haenow this year…


Back to the Qube for more new restaurant try-outs…

Genuinely ate my entire meal like this and didn't get a prize or anything… :(



And then we took a late afternoon trip up to Cragside, which, it would appear Cragside looks good at any time of the year, since it looked just as beautiful in November…


The Flume! Not as exciting as it sounds.


Strange hairstyle. Reminds me of this and I'm not really sure why…

How looks that trumpet?



Moved house again. I now get a view like this:


That makes it sound like this news is by the by, but honestly it's fab. I love the new place. It's in Gateshead so at least now we're on the right side of the river! Everything here works and it's a new build so everything is… guess, new! It's nice to still have an ensuite though!

This place is also instantly better because I have made a new friend at the front door too.
It was funny the other day, I was looking out of window (door, technically), and saw this cat appear from a bush. So I tutted at it, and it looked up at me. I then genuinely waved at this cat and it really did meow back at me, and we felt like old friends hahaha.

Conferences for days… literally.


This was a Sunnyside bubble bar from Lush, and it smelt so nice. This one is a bit different, since you crumble it into running water and it makes bubbles instead of fizzing like a bath bomb. Although it was gold and glittery, it was a bit of a funny colour. It was like I'd had a glittery wee in the bath…



This was an Experimenter bath bomb. This one also smelt gorgeous, and was glittery, but wasn't as colourful as I'd hoped. It turned the bath water a murky blue / green, with a tinge of purple around the edges. It was still a good bath bomb and I would get another one!



Then I went and ruined my chances of succeeding in society by getting another set of piercings! I got the second set of lobes done, because I always think there are too many pretty earrings to wear just one pair hahhaha, so finally got them done. After that top one I said I'd never get any more ever again, but the gun isn't that bad really… hahahaha.



Okay, let's talk Eurovision.

First of all, well done Petra, Måns, Christer Björkman, Henric von Zweigbergk, SVT, everyone backstage at Globen, Frans and the rest of the competitors and I guess, thank you EBU. You put on a good show, that's for sure. SVT are probably immensely broke and were wishing Frans wouldn't actually win because they'd be crying into their bank accounts having to hold a third Eurovision in 5 years hahaha. (Oh and well done Jon Ola Sand, for continuing to be a highlight of the show with how awkward and unprepared you always seem to be. Bless you.)
I do wish I had gone this year. It would have been amazing to be back in Sweden for that atmosphere. 2013 was absolutely amazing, and I had such a good time in Malmö. I applied to volunteer but didn't get picked, but also tried to get tickets and couldn't!

The voting. Petra, Måns and Graham Norton didn't really explain it very well, I didn't think. As soon as they said they were going to do it differently, I thought of Melodifestivalen and their voting system. Especially since they were making it so you weren't entirely sure who had won until the very last vote. If you're still struggling to understand:

• The jury's in each country, made up of a dozen of people in music / TV voted as usual for their favourite. This was represented by each country's jury giving 1 - 8, 10 and 12 points to their favourite 10 entries. A bit like normal.

• The difference was, this did not include ANY televotes from the public. This was instead, read out by Petra and Måns on stage.

• All countries' televotes were put into one big pot, and distributed from the 'Televote jury', if you will.

• If Sweden received hypothetically 8% of the overall televotes from this 'Televote jury', they would have an integer number of votes (presumably still made up from 1 - 8, 10 & 12 like the country juries). This number was secret until revealed by Petra and Måns on stage, and could hypothetically have been any value, thus making the final points so secret.


I think whilst explaining that I managed to confuse myself too. But it's basically a very very similar style to Melodifestivalen's points allocation, as they too have a European jury, and televoters.


As for the winner… was this a political winner? Despite Australia winning the jury vote, and Russia winning the televote, Ukraine still came out on top. (Just another reason why this new voting style is so good!) 1944 by Jamala spoke about the Crimean war and it's affects on modern day Ukraine. If you listen to the lyrics it's hauntingly sad, and I really don't suppose Russia would have liked to have lost to this song! I doubt it was political, since you can't vote for your own country, and despite not knowing what Europe's education is like, I genuinely only know that the Crimean war involved Russia, and thats about it. Music speaks 1000 words, in this instance.


Doubt I'll be going to Ukraine next year though…





Will leave with a selfie…




Hopefully there will be lots and lots of exciting news coming my way in the next few months. Hopefully. I wish I was a little bit braver about everything, because it's only myself I'm disappointing.


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment