Ooh look, it's me again. Gosh, that sounded camp.
So, I'm dying. Dying of pain.
For ages I've been asked by my mum (mam to all my classy geordies out there) to hand out her flyers for her business. She just hires out baby equipment and had about a billion flyers made. Basically, she needs a way to get rid of them, and she chose me as the 'getter-ridderer'. I was asked to just hand them around where I live and eventually I did.
It couldn't be too hard, could it? Just shove a bunch of little cards through peoples doors, right?
I woke up early (for me) yesterday due to a stray neighbourhood cat breaking in the house. I came out my room and saw him at the bottom of the stairs! He's taken a fancy to Jango, bless her. So now she's stalked by this huge tom cat:

On a date :)
Anyway, this was about 11am and I was bored anyway, so decided to pick up a handful of cards to hand out. I got this many to start with:

I have no idea how many are there… maybe 200? More?
I also took some money, key, phone, you know and set off. Surprisingly, it was actually a nice day! Maybe this is what it's like on a morning! I would never know… I set out in jeans and a hoody and the hoody was soon demoted to my waist because it was so warm. I then delivered 3/4 of my cards and went back home for a drink and to put my hoody back. Except I got a drink, took my hoody off and changed to shorts too! It really was that warm. I felt like a proper postman hahaha. Except, I also took my socks off so that I could put trainer socks on. (Ankle socks and shorts is just no) Then I noticed that my nails were cutting the toe next to it! I'll spare you the details, but I cut that nail, to save it hurting later on. Strange, I couldn't feel it as it was happening… The others were fine so I left them… and left with this many more to finish a long street I was about to do:

I don't know… 80? 100?
So then I went back out and did those streets. By the time I was on my way home it was 13:45. Often, I wouldn't even be up by that time!! And I was already exhausted! By now, yeah, my feet were hurting a little more and my hips were beginning to seize up slightly. A lot of bungalows down the big street I was doing had steps up to the front door and by the end I was struggling to get up some of them! I felt like I lived there! If this is what being old feels like, I don't want to be old!!
So, I went back home again to get some more cards, and by this time, I had ruined a pair of socks because I didn't cut the rest of my nails. Stupid. So by the time I cut the rest of my nails, rinsed my feet (I don't know, I felt that this might stop them hurting), had a rest and got some more cards, it was about 3:00pm and I was back out, dying on my feet! With this many cards!

There could be 100 here? Could there?
My feet were killing me! I wore Vans whilst I had my jeans on, but purple Vans didn't go with blue shorts, so I put my converse on for the shorts and I think if I had flip flops on, none of this would have happened! My hips were also killing. I needed a zimmer frame!
So off I went again… I can't even remember what streets I went down, but I visited my old house :) And was about to do a big estate, but really could hardly walk by then, so I went back home, getting rid of a couple of cards along the way. Except I didn't realise that the way I went home featured a really steep hill! A creepy man looked at me and I crossed the road to walk behind him but within a minute he was already 20 metres ahead of me! Killed by a hill. Finally I got home and actually went to bed because I couldn't walk another step. My injuries?
2 cut toes, 2 blisters, 1 bruised big toe nail, general pain due to fallen arches, shot knees and bad hips. I'm a cripple!
But, I went out again today! Even though I could barely walk. This morning I woke up with a bad lower back too! I'm falling apart! My stupid brother decided he would do a street I was about to do yesterday if I could walk down it, without telling me. I got half way round and gave one to a woman who said 'Oh, we already have one of these. Someone's already been round, no less than half an hour ago. Would you like this one back?' Thanks George. Brilliant idea doing my streets without telling me. Your communication skills astound me. A text would have done. Made me walk half a mile like a cripple for nothing! I effectively 'dismissed' him; like what you do to the maid on the sims when you don't want her to clean your house that day :) And went along to the other end of the village, another half a mile :) Somewhere I know he wouldn't have bothered to walk to. So there's me, hobbling along and I get asked by some old man what the time is. It took me about half an hour for me to dig my phone out of my tiny bag.
You know that annoying time when people ask you, it's always 14:07 or 11:13 or something slap-bang in the middle of the markers. ^^ It actually was 14:07 when the man asked me and I was like, 'errrrr… 10? past… 2?' I couldn't work out what 14 was quick enough. I've never been very good with time. 21 and 22 confuse me. I never know what they are. Obviously I know they are 9 and 10 but it's still confusing! It's the same with left and right… I still have to use my hands! Anyway, I noticed there were roadworks taking over the path I was going to walk on… and wasn't prepared for anymore human interaction, so diverted my route down a street which actually turned out to be nice. A lot of houses were new, and there were enough of them to get rid of a lot of leaflets.
Anway, I forgot to add. I got eaten by practically every letterbox going. My knuckle got shredded, and today, some evil letterboxes broke the skin :( and I also bruised it somehow?! Don't know how :P

Look at my calcium deficiency hahaha
Plus that's a lot more painful than it looks. So I would go out tomorrow too… but I can barely walk even more now. I got another few blisters on my heel today, and I really didn't think walking back home was an option, and the bus was due in like a minute. So I got the bus 3 stops along the road hahaha. Lazy? Nah, injured… But still, £1.30 for 3 stops?! Rediculous.
I painted my nails a few days ago too:
Lil' Cupcakes!
Jordanavia :)

No comments :
Post a Comment