Hellooooo strangers…
I don't know where I've been. I'm either in bed or in school and practically have no time in between the two anymore. The weeks just fly by. It's like, 43 days until Christmas now. I hope to do at least one more blog post before then :S
Sooo… Where did I leave off??
I actually use my camera roll on my iPhone to work out where I'm up to all the time. Actually, I'll talk about that now. I'm getting an iPhone 4S!! Even better, it's white and 32GB! :D Can't actually wait. It's ordered and everything, just have to wait for the order to go through so I can pick it up at the store! Ahhhh :D It's sad that the thing I'm most excited about is the camera haha! But come on - 8mp and 720p video?! That's crazy for a phone! I remember my first flip phone… I'll find a picture…
For anyone who doesn't know, I'll tell the story behind it.
I'm leader of Team Ola UK, which means I run Ola's Street Team in the UK, helping to promote him over here. I guess as a little thank you to us who do this for him (the 14 street teams around the world) Team Ola - SE leader Katarina has organised for Ola to give us Christmas presents this year - how nice?!. If you read the wikipedia article on Street Teams, you'll see the phrase, 'Usually unpaid, street teams for bands and artists are still often composed of teenagers who are rewarded with free band merchandise or show access in exchange for a variety of actions:
I don't know where I've been. I'm either in bed or in school and practically have no time in between the two anymore. The weeks just fly by. It's like, 43 days until Christmas now. I hope to do at least one more blog post before then :S
Sooo… Where did I leave off??
I actually use my camera roll on my iPhone to work out where I'm up to all the time. Actually, I'll talk about that now. I'm getting an iPhone 4S!! Even better, it's white and 32GB! :D Can't actually wait. It's ordered and everything, just have to wait for the order to go through so I can pick it up at the store! Ahhhh :D It's sad that the thing I'm most excited about is the camera haha! But come on - 8mp and 720p video?! That's crazy for a phone! I remember my first flip phone… I'll find a picture…
Awww, here it is!!
I loved that phone so much :') But then my mam washed it hahaha! I was gutted! 1.3 megapixels was a lot :D
But I've held on for ages to finally get my upgrade, and I'm finally going to get it :)
![]() |
| Muuuuchhh better! |
Major announcement: Just seen the coca cola advert! It's now officially Christmas… anyway…
I'm not so excited about Siri or anything, but of course it will be interesting to have an intellectual conversation for once… And I want a sparkly case. Love them.
Here is just a stream of pictures to sum up my life over the last 2 weeks or so…
Here is what my shoes look like from my cat's point of view…
Here is how I dry my hair
I'm so light I can sit on balloons!
Jemima on catnip hahaha…
Nawwww
I actually fell asleep!! And she sat on me :P
Pack of pencils :) Crayola rules the world
And today I was in HMV… and look what I found!! Isn't it great?! Love it!
Right, plus I got this:
For anyone who doesn't know, I'll tell the story behind it.
I'm leader of Team Ola UK, which means I run Ola's Street Team in the UK, helping to promote him over here. I guess as a little thank you to us who do this for him (the 14 street teams around the world) Team Ola - SE leader Katarina has organised for Ola to give us Christmas presents this year - how nice?!. If you read the wikipedia article on Street Teams, you'll see the phrase, 'Usually unpaid, street teams for bands and artists are still often composed of teenagers who are rewarded with free band merchandise or show access in exchange for a variety of actions:
- placing stickers and posters in their communities
- bringing friends to the shows
- convincing friends to buy band merchandise
- phoning your local radio station to request their songs be played
- bringing vinyl and CDs to local DJs in the clubs where they work
- posting to band forums and bulletin boards online
- maintaining zines or websites dedicated to the band
In some cases, points are assigned to an individual for a particular action, and those points can be exchanged for tickets to shows, or for band merchandise. Some bands even produce special items just for street team members.'
I have to admit, I realised that we didn't get a great deal back from Ola in return. We weren't of course employed by Ola and obviously wouldn't receive money or anything, but it was only an occasional thank on Facebook or Twitter, which was neither here nor there. It wasn't exclusive to us. Ola thanks people for following him on Twitter… I carried on supporting him obviously but always wondered if he was suddenly going to spring a surprise on us sometime… or not. Until now! Katarina organised a present for all the Street Team leaders because she is also one, and totally understands that we give up our own time to support Ola, without even expecting a lot back. I think it's super nice, and I would have been happy with a card, but I got a present with a couple of things in! :D Amazing. I have to wait until the 24th December to open it, even though in the UK it's tradition to open presents (Julklappar! What an amazing word) on the 25th December. I'm following Swedish tradition. I've been told I have to ;)
Exciting stuff :D
Also, today I went for my first day volunteering at a cat shelter. It was pretty good actually :) except from the fact that I saw a cat that I have to have!!!! He's a gorgeous silver tabby kitten :') He's too young to take home at the minute because he's only like, 3 weeks old. I'll see if I can get a picture next week…
And we had a sleepover last weekend too :) I made Ola's name out of a sparkler because it was bonfire night. Crazy story behind it, y'all probably know it…
Pretty :)
And I love this picture:
Hopefully I'll do another blog post before next year… Probably one tomorrow with everything I've forgotten to talk about in this one…
Jordanavia :)













No comments :
Post a Comment