Sunday, 27 May 2012

Loreen Won Eurovision!

Oh my goodness! Wow! Sweden won Eurovision. This is so cool! And it means so much more because I saw her win Melodifestivalen live in March! Despite not wanting her to win haha…
She's also number 1 on UK iTunes at the minute too, and in numerous countries around the world. And she's booked to perform at a few Rix FM festivals too. They will be soooo packed full of people!
I'm hoping the Gothenburg line up is going to improve. They have no act worthy of a headline title yet, although the post did say that it was only the first part of the line up. HOPEFULLY Danny (and Anton) will be there! Or at least at the Malmö one…

Memories! Best weekend of my life…

Actually just listened to an interview with Loreen on Capital FM and after the song finished, the DJ was like 'Before yesterday, nobody in the UK had heard of her' and my face just fell! I knew her! I knew her in 2011 when she sang My Heart Is Refusing Me. Admitedly, I didn't like it very much, and neither did Sweden. It's a sad fact that that arrogant Saade kid had to win. We're not on best of terms at the minute…

And now Eurovision will be held in most likely the Friends Arena, to which I shall be making two trips to next year. Going to Eurovision has been high on my list of dreams or whatever its called for a while now, and back when Jessy Matador competed for France, me and my friend really wanted him to win so that we could go and see the final, since France is pretty close. We didn't fancy going to Germany and were so upset last year that the awkward lovers won, we didn't even contemplate going to Azerbaijan. I only found out where it actually was a few months ago! But now that it's in Sweden, I feel I will be extremely extremely poor come May. Here's what we thought of her anyway. It's more our version of her interpretive dance routine. And also the traditional facial expression to represent how you feel about each act photo too.

^ I'm on the left

That's exactly how I feel about Loreen

But we also had our other favourite, Romania. They were good :D Well, the bagpipe player was good. I noticed he was mic'ed up, but he had no mic on… Anyone care to explain what the transmitter on his vinyl trousers was transmitting?

I can do this very simple dance :D
Also, can we just take a moment to remember Tooji. Oh my god what happened!? I am absolutely distraught that he came LAST! There were performances that did deserve to come last, and Tooji's wasn't one of them. I admit after watching it back that his vocals were pretty shakey and it wasn't his best performance by miles, but 7 points is a bit harsh. I just hope for his sake that he isn't too disheartened and still sees that he wasn't by any standard the worst performer of the night. Stay strong, Tooji! We still love you! Also props to Bambam, who managed to do a 10.0 backflip. I was so nervous after he told me about the slippy floor, that combined with nerves and most likely sweaty palms was going to make him slip up again. But it didn't and it was amazing, and he's still lovely. 
But I will say that I did try to vote for Tooji, and we got the number right and everything but my phone said that my phone wasn't set up for this sort of thing, i.e voting calls and that I couldn't make the call / vote. I tried twice but didn't get through. And so that's either my contract doing that, or there was something really dodgy going on with his phoneline, which I seriously hope isn't the case. I totally regret not trying any other lines to see if they were alright, which I guess if it was a phoneline problem, then they would be fine. But I don't know. Imma tell myself that it was a phoneline problem and Tooji didn't infact come last, but the UK did. 

Before we had any idea of his fate…
Distraught

Although…

This was the sign:



So, Sweden won, Romania came middle, and Norway came last. Great. Still, I am pleased for Loreen, no matter how strange she comes across. I'm hoping that I'll win the lottery, and that I have half term during Eurovision week. Or at least have enough money to pay to get A's in my exams. I would love to go to a couple of dress rehearsals as well as the final. I don't think there is phyiscally enough money in the world… I might as well book my hotel now too… They're going to absolutely shoot up in price…

A lot more pictures of last night are on my facebook, and will no doubt make a few apperences on this blog again too. 

Just to say bye, here is a picture of my cat:

Because he's a little vampire…



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment