Tuesday, 5 June 2012

I hate camping

Although, before we begin. I am now blogging to you, from my new bed. Yeahrmahn, got myself a new bed AND a new mattress. It's so weird, because the bed is one of the slightly lower ones, so I have to be careful getting out of bed so I don't put my foot through the floor, thinking it was further away. Again with jumping back on it, I'll probably go through the whole thing and give myself a mini heart attack if I collapse on it like I did with my old bed, because it's just that little bit lower and my balance calculations will be al awa the shop.

But over the weekend, we went camping. I don't like camping. In fact I'll stretch it so far as to say I despise camping. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten out of it by putting up a bit more of a protest, but these days, I can't be bothered to fight. I've taken up a new life philosophy to live by, and just accept every single opportunity that comes my way, and see where things take me. I've named it, Leaves In The Wind. Very philosophical.
Anyway, the camp site was actually a Christian retreat, which I think just happened to be a nice camp site, not because we deliberately wanted to spend the weekend singing hymns. But whilst me and my parents went out food shopping, my brother went with some family friends we were staying with on his bike to the BMX track, and crazy golf course I think, and probably the park for their three year old. But when we came back, he told me that one of our vice principles from school was at the crazy golf course with them. Mr 'H2O-Open land that can be cultivated' is a senior member of management at our school, and has frequently been the teacher that I account to on parents evening etc, and he's probably aware of who we both are. That was bad enough, but when we went back to the park later that evening, we happened to come across ANOTHER member of senior management, Mr 'Neutered male cow'. He is a lot more familiar with us, and knows me because of a couple of school events and technical team (I know, how sad…) and stuff like that, and he definitely knows my name and who I am. Even worse, he knows my dad. Anywayzzz, we saw them two, which wouldn't be so bad if we were just walking down the street, I don't care about seeing teachers and stuff on the street, it was just that our school is deeply Christian religious and has a concrete ethos of Christianity, and kids are made to take RE for GCSE, and even in sixth form we have to take Philosophy, Theology and Ethics (PTE), which is their way of worming religious education back into our curriculum. But it was the fact that we saw these two teachers at a CHRISTIAN CAMP SITE! I'm nowhere near as religious as the school hopes every child that attends should be, and we don't go to church or do any of the things that school promotes or anything… but now they're going to think we're proper into all that stuff because of the mutual meeting point! Aahh, now I'll totally get wrong for not singing my hymns in assembly haha.

Apart from that, camping was freeeeezing cold. I've never been so cold for so long in my entire life. I ended up sleeping in a ball in the middle of my sleeping bag because it was too cold to lie with your head actually on the pillow. I only really had my converse to wear, because the other shoes I took break my feet. So my feet were constantly cold. I had a hat though. I was feeling very Anton with my chinos and my hat.


Why is he so cute?
I didn't feel like getting up :(
Let me explain the zips. I had 4 layers on, and so the normal zip configuration would prevent me from breathing, so I had to use the two zips furthest away. These Superdry coats do have an unneccessary number of zips though…

barbecue pique-nique


I think that's my hand shadow, because I have a habit of doing that when trying to press the button with the other hand haha


sunset

Tree swing

A nice game we invented where you go upside down on the swing and nearly die…


So apart from that, I've been messing on in IKEA…


And also went to a diamond wedding anniversary,

Where things got a little, I quote: 'Bambam cray cray'
I didn't go out looking like that, don't worry…

Where I found that if you wrote to wor queen, you could get a card from her congratulating you on your special day because it coinsides with hers, or whatever it says.
But it's so funny because remember when you used to leave Santa a cup of milk and a mince pie? And then you'd get a letter back the next morning from him thanking your for the food? haha, well the Queen has a strangely similar writing style. I can't remember exactly what it says, but it was a bit like 'I am so pleased to hear that you are celebrating your Diamond wedding anniversary and would like to congratulate you' and something else which could very easily be read in a sarcastic voice haha.


Oh and guess what, I'm not at school again! Half term! Never there…


He looks so pleased…

And how mainstream has Euphoria gone? I remember scouring YouTube to find 3 or 4 rubbish covers and now all the professional cover artists have gotten a hold of it and, sort of done a good job actually. I don't take particularly well to covers, but this one isn't bad. I'm not raving about it and it's not spectacularly brilliant and even better than the original by any means, but they've sort of dupstep-ed one of the choruses and that works well.



Considering I haven't actually done a June playlist yet, that will come next time…




Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment