Saturday, 7 July 2012

My new favourite place is outside.

The rain a few Thursday's ago has done some funny things to the weather. For a few days straight now it's been unbelievably foggy on an evening, through the night and then on a morning. Except I like the fog. One evening this week it looked really pretty out of my window, so I went outside to sit on my trampoline, looking out to nothing but mist. 



It was nice to sit out whilst it was still quite warm, and quiet, and just think. I've needed to do a lot of that. I can't say why. If you don't know me personally or from school, strangely you're the only ones I can tell!


And whilst I've been looking after 50 cats for the last 3 weeks, today, I was greeted by a woman I've never met before who had been there since 8:30am (I got there 9:30am) and had practically done everything (if not wrong), which meant that I had to do like, two things. To waste time just akwardly standing round, I went to see two new cats that weren't there last week. Two black and white siblings who couldn't have been older than two. They were really friendly little cats and when you stroked them, they would put one paw on your chest and then eventually both of them, then climb on your shoulder. I remember when I first started going to the cattery, there was this one black cat called Charlie who was a little nightmare, and whenever you got anywhere near him or bent over, he would be climbing on your back and your head and everything, which was really off-putting and I didn't really like it haha. He used to scratch too, trying to grab on as I stood up. He was just a nightmare. But one of the black and white cats today climbed on my shoulder and stood there for a little while. I felt like a proper crazy cat lady as I continued to look like I was doing something whilst this cat sat on my shoulder. Eventually it turned round and sniffed me.

Which was kind of cute…
 But then it licked my ear! Hahaha, listen, if you've never had a cat lick your ear, it is the weirdest thing I think I've ever experienced.

And then it sat on me like a cat scarf. When you've never really been in this situation before, you don't know how to feel, hence my facial expression hahaha…



And because the owner's away at the minute, I've been taking her dogs out for walks each week too, which I really enjoy! I think I've always enjoyed walking dogs, but never had my own dog to walk. I said previously that I needed time to think in quiet, I needed it even more today! And all this being outside has lead me to believe that it is actually a nice place, and there are so many places that I don't know exist yet, and will one day become my favourite places to visit.
And this walk with the dogs was actually really nice. I think the field is meant to be a football pitch, but where it is, it has been long forgotten about by any council that it even exists…

Yay dogs!
It was soooo muddy


This was actually a pretty little forest trail, but we had already been out a long time, so I couldn't go and see what was at the other end.

And my mother has some lovely children:
We sometimes like to open all of the cupboard doors and turn bowls upside down.
Aaaaand, guess what arrived! Mah studs! STUDS. I'm in love. They are so cool! :D


This isn't finished yet… my fingers are killing!

And I forgot I took this :P

Now he's lost his collar too :(

Guys, it's 40 days until Sweden! :D :D And only 970 hours! :O



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment