This has to be one of the biggest decisions I'll make this year… sadly.
Here is the situation.
I went to the Melodifestivalen final last year, and it exceeded expectations by miles. I had the best time and the quality of production of the live show is stunning, not to mention the crazy atmosphere and constant buzz. I also went with two friends which made it even more special. And as we walked out of Globen, we were pinging off the walls shouting, 'That was amazing! Aaahhh, we HAVE to go next year!' And until May, that's what we were going to do.
May came along, and Loreen won Eurovision. It is a lifelong dream to go to the Eurovision final. I think one year, we were saying that if France or Germany or somewhere close to get to won, we would seriously go, but then Azerbaijan won, and somehow, we didn't fancy it (we were also not expecting our parents to let us go to a mildly corrupt country which borders Russia, Armenia, Iran and Georgia). But because Loreen won, suddenly going to Eurovision looked to be in sight! Finally a sensible country which I know anyway, hosting Eurovision! Excellent!
But then plans started to fall apart, as my best friend started year 12 again, and we found that all of our exams are around the same time as Eurovision. I can still go, because my timetable looks like this:
So really, I don't have any problem going, plus I'll be on study leave so I'm not restricted to just the weekend. Technically I can go out for 2 weeks… the next exam is on the 3rd June. But my friends seem to be all around the weekend of the 18th, and it's just stupid if I drag her away for the weekend to get her super tired for her exam on Monday morning. I have friends in Sweden who also want to go, but it will be weird if I flew out by myself. It's also a case of finding somewhere to stay, since the place we stayed just a few weeks ago is aready booked :( and the hotels are likely to be block booked haha
Also, what if Ola, or someone I find between now and then goes for Melodifestivalen, and I don't get to see them?
Which points us in the direction of Melodifestivalen! It's at a more sensible time for all of us, but it means flying out for just the weekend like last year, and being unable to recover fully for the next two weeks. It's also in the new friends arena, which could be fun to visit.
But Eurovision is my dreeeeaaaammmmmmmmm… what if next year it's in Georgia?!
I don't know. Guys?! Maybe I'll go to both, if I can get hold of some money, legally. I hopefully might get a job somewhere soon, so I'll just save everything I get from that to go to both of them. I'll even work Christmas Eve if it's double pay!
Somebody help me make an informed decision!
Jordanavia :)
Here is the situation.
I went to the Melodifestivalen final last year, and it exceeded expectations by miles. I had the best time and the quality of production of the live show is stunning, not to mention the crazy atmosphere and constant buzz. I also went with two friends which made it even more special. And as we walked out of Globen, we were pinging off the walls shouting, 'That was amazing! Aaahhh, we HAVE to go next year!' And until May, that's what we were going to do.
May came along, and Loreen won Eurovision. It is a lifelong dream to go to the Eurovision final. I think one year, we were saying that if France or Germany or somewhere close to get to won, we would seriously go, but then Azerbaijan won, and somehow, we didn't fancy it (we were also not expecting our parents to let us go to a mildly corrupt country which borders Russia, Armenia, Iran and Georgia). But because Loreen won, suddenly going to Eurovision looked to be in sight! Finally a sensible country which I know anyway, hosting Eurovision! Excellent!
But then plans started to fall apart, as my best friend started year 12 again, and we found that all of our exams are around the same time as Eurovision. I can still go, because my timetable looks like this:
![]() |
| 6th May - Bank Holiday 14th May - AS German exam (last years again) 27th May - Half term starts |
Also, what if Ola, or someone I find between now and then goes for Melodifestivalen, and I don't get to see them?
Which points us in the direction of Melodifestivalen! It's at a more sensible time for all of us, but it means flying out for just the weekend like last year, and being unable to recover fully for the next two weeks. It's also in the new friends arena, which could be fun to visit.
But Eurovision is my dreeeeaaaammmmmmmmm… what if next year it's in Georgia?!
I don't know. Guys?! Maybe I'll go to both, if I can get hold of some money, legally. I hopefully might get a job somewhere soon, so I'll just save everything I get from that to go to both of them. I'll even work Christmas Eve if it's double pay!
Somebody help me make an informed decision!
Jordanavia :)

No comments :
Post a Comment