Sunday, 18 November 2012

Danny Saucedo look-a-like?

Ok, so you all know about the guy that works in a shop in the metro centre who looks like Danny? He is quite lovely. We decided to go back and see him (whilst also conveniently having an excuse to buy a bag) to tell him. Here is what went down:

Me and a friend organised to go out this weekend to try to see if we could see the Danny guy again, since we were so stunned at him last week, we didn't say anything to him. Sunday was the day, when wor Danny look-a-like would know his long lost twin.
We walked to the bus station to meet two other friends, and it actually just so happened, that the shop in question was on the way there. And so we walked past it slowly, and you'll never guess who was working! We totally didn't actually expect him to be there, because who works two Sunday's in a row? That was a scary part, and so we went to meet our other friends, who weren't there. So we walked back to Currys PC World to return a very masculine camera bag, which was a beutiful black and gunky green colour. The week previous we saw a nicer white one, which was actually smaller too, which was good because it means that I can fit it into my hand luggage to go away with. That went well, and we decided that we would go and buy the bag straight away… after a trip to the shop next door to have a look for some jumpers. When we went in, he was on the tills, and so things looked pretty good, the bag was there, and everything seemed cool. Picked up the bag, turned around and he was gone. Just gone. We stalled for a little bit by looking at a section of the shop, which we had looked at many times before. But he didn't come back, so we went and bought the bag anywayz. Genuinely gutted and upset, we left the shop, without even making eye contact.
But then we went shopping else where, and retail therapy really does help. So then we decided that we would go back half an hour before the place shut. But in between all that time, we found some conveniently placed seats, where we could sit with a slightly obstructed view into the shop. We sat there a loooooong time, waiting for our other friends who seem to love trying on clothes. Canon guy that we spoke to last week about telephoto lenses saw us a few times I think, which upped the awkwardness. But then after buying more food, my two other friends left to go to Yo Sushi and me and my other friend were left standing there, needing to visit just one more time to tell him that he looked like Danny, because how could we have planned this all week, and for everything to work out almost perfectly, and for us not to tell him the good news? Well. We walked a circle and then sheepishly entered the shop and went to look at the telephoto lenses. Actually, I do want one because I don't think my standard lens is going to work very well at Melodifestivalen, so I want a one that will zoom a little further and take some good pictures.
Wor Canon guy recognised us, damn, and was all like 'you're back!' I was not amused, but said, 'yeah, we know what we want this time though!' and so I explained to him that I was going to a concert and we were sitting about 50 metres away. Does that warrent the use of a telephoto lens? He said yes (but I probably don't need one) and recommended one for us, that was pricey, so he told us that Tamron do one that's a little cheaper. And so I asked him to show us that one, and he took us deeper into the shop. Beautiful lens… I think. I wasn't that interested in all honesty. Sure, I want (need?) a telephoto lens, but standing litterally 2 foot away from me was a guy that is the DOUBLE of my favourite famous person ever.
Incidently, our Canon guy said 'sooooo, who are you stalking? Go on, you can tell me!' and this is where I got a tiny bit confused. I said,
'Erm, nobody… haha, but there is a guy that works here who looks like a Swedish singer called Danny.'
'Oh, Dan?' He said. I was all like WHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
'He is NOT called Dan, is he? Oh my god, does he already know? …here, I'll show you a picture' So I got this picture of Danny on my phone:
This picture is the EXACT copy of him…

And he said (I'll use a fake name) 'Oh! Jim! Haha' (He's not really called Jim…) But then I can't remember what happened after that. Blur.
Then he was like, 'erm, what were we talking about again?'
And immediately aftewards I said, 'I have no idea!'
But then we got talking about the lens again, and I took a picture of the label so that I could do some more research, and in that awkward silence when someone is taking a picture, I said 'was it that obvious?' and he laughed.

Annyywayyy, on the way out, my friend said, 'you know, when he asked you who you were stalking, I think he meant with that lens…' Oh. Shit. I managed to drop myself in a massive pool of awkwardness and I'd forgotten my float. I completely misinterpreted what he said, because I was twisting his words into what I wanted them to mean hahahahaha! Most. Awkward. Thing. Ever.

Soooo, after THAT happened. We went and sat on some very comfy sofas and decided to facebook Jim. We found Jim. Maaaaann, we are too good at this game. Plus, we have mutual friends, which is the scariest part…  IIIIIT'S A SMALL WORLD AAAAFTER ALLLL!

I've also just crossed that shop off the list of shops I can no longer visit, for fear of dying of embarrassment. Damn, there is no way we can go back there now.
But even if Jim didn't know we knew he looked like Danny, he will now because Canon guy will have told him. So I definitely can't go back. Actually, I might just go back on my own and ask them to print out that picture of Danny above out… liiife siiiize…
Breeeaathheeeeee.

Here we were in Apple…

Playing with iPhone 5's…



I think next week we'll go to town instead…


Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment