This week at school, we started to practice our A Level German speaking exams. I hope someone who reads these also does an A Level langauge, because I have a bone to pick with 'the system'. Here's what went down…
We have a speaking session with the German assistant once a week - ours is on a Wednesday. We went along, and he was all smiles, but then he gave us a mock speaking paper to go and revise for 20 minutes. So we did, translating the words like you're meant to so that you can speak about a pointless topic for 5 minutes. When we went back up to see him, he was all like 'oh, I should have said, that only one of you should come up at a time'… :| I honestly couldn't care if my friend heard me speak German, because I sit next to her anyway and I'm pretty good at ignoring what's going on around me when I need to concentrate, so she didn't distract me or laugh or anything. We both managed to struggle through it and he took a few notes too, and then he said 'oh, your speech is good, your vocab and grammar is good, the only thing is, that you aren't making it like a conversation with a friend' (which is what it's meant to be like) apparently, it's meant to be like a casual conversation with one of your friends about a certain topic, chatting with eachother about visiting the place or whatever. So extremely bluntly, I said to him 'this is hard, because you're not my friend.' and he just looked at me, slightly taken back and shocked, and he said 'erm, I know, but you have to pretent. So you ARE my friend… blah blah blah'
But it's so different to what we were taught for the last 7 years. Previously in speaking exams, you had to take constantly for 5 minutes, so that you could get as many marks as possible. But now, it has to be filled with questions from both speakers, and then awkward silences and pauses. It just feels weird to instantly change from the old style, to this atrocious excuse of an 'exam'. But like with everything else, I'll have to conform…
I also got told off on Friday for wearing a bracelet. The teacher must have spotted it from 20 metres away, through a skinny door-window, not even kidding. Angerrrrr.
And now for some funnier news. My school is hosting a cute little Christmas tea morning for some older people in the area, and the school wants some sixth formers to sing carols. You already know where this is going. There was a list put up on the notice board for you to put your name on, and my friends were weirdly keen about it, and a lot of them signed their names up, claiming that it will be fun. I was physically forced to put my name up on that list, even though I am the first person to admit that I am the worst singer ever. I seriously cannot sing at all, and I KNOW. But if I didn't sign my name on that sheet, they would do it for me, and what kind of person would I be if my name was the only crossed out one on there? Think of the grannies!
So, be prepared to go and see your grandparents one day before Christmas, to find that they've gone deaf with a funny ringing noise in their ears…
Here is a cute kitten. I've realised that there have hardly been any kitten pictures lately… so I made a point of taking one…
Tomorrow, we're going to tell our Danny lookalike that he looks like Danny. I'm a little nervous. I don't know why though haha. Do you think he'd appreciate it? What if he doesn't see the resemblence, or the funny side of it hahahahaha? I'd actually be a little disappointed :P I had a dream about him last night, and he didn't look anything like Danny on the second viewing… now it sounds like I'm house hunting… actually that's awkward…
Also, after their major single push, and Tom's new image, Tom Fletcher is a very attractive person. I swear it's dem glasses. I watched Tom and Dougie's live stream tonight and they're great people hahaha.
Just look:
He's married.
I also haven't been able to stop playing these:
I also have another mini canvas… Ed's the chosen one…
Jordanavia :)
We have a speaking session with the German assistant once a week - ours is on a Wednesday. We went along, and he was all smiles, but then he gave us a mock speaking paper to go and revise for 20 minutes. So we did, translating the words like you're meant to so that you can speak about a pointless topic for 5 minutes. When we went back up to see him, he was all like 'oh, I should have said, that only one of you should come up at a time'… :| I honestly couldn't care if my friend heard me speak German, because I sit next to her anyway and I'm pretty good at ignoring what's going on around me when I need to concentrate, so she didn't distract me or laugh or anything. We both managed to struggle through it and he took a few notes too, and then he said 'oh, your speech is good, your vocab and grammar is good, the only thing is, that you aren't making it like a conversation with a friend' (which is what it's meant to be like) apparently, it's meant to be like a casual conversation with one of your friends about a certain topic, chatting with eachother about visiting the place or whatever. So extremely bluntly, I said to him 'this is hard, because you're not my friend.' and he just looked at me, slightly taken back and shocked, and he said 'erm, I know, but you have to pretent. So you ARE my friend… blah blah blah'
But it's so different to what we were taught for the last 7 years. Previously in speaking exams, you had to take constantly for 5 minutes, so that you could get as many marks as possible. But now, it has to be filled with questions from both speakers, and then awkward silences and pauses. It just feels weird to instantly change from the old style, to this atrocious excuse of an 'exam'. But like with everything else, I'll have to conform…
I also got told off on Friday for wearing a bracelet. The teacher must have spotted it from 20 metres away, through a skinny door-window, not even kidding. Angerrrrr.
And now for some funnier news. My school is hosting a cute little Christmas tea morning for some older people in the area, and the school wants some sixth formers to sing carols. You already know where this is going. There was a list put up on the notice board for you to put your name on, and my friends were weirdly keen about it, and a lot of them signed their names up, claiming that it will be fun. I was physically forced to put my name up on that list, even though I am the first person to admit that I am the worst singer ever. I seriously cannot sing at all, and I KNOW. But if I didn't sign my name on that sheet, they would do it for me, and what kind of person would I be if my name was the only crossed out one on there? Think of the grannies!
So, be prepared to go and see your grandparents one day before Christmas, to find that they've gone deaf with a funny ringing noise in their ears…
Here is a cute kitten. I've realised that there have hardly been any kitten pictures lately… so I made a point of taking one…
| He was happy to just sit there :) |
| And then there's this monster, who likes to drink my water :( |
Tomorrow, we're going to tell our Danny lookalike that he looks like Danny. I'm a little nervous. I don't know why though haha. Do you think he'd appreciate it? What if he doesn't see the resemblence, or the funny side of it hahahahaha? I'd actually be a little disappointed :P I had a dream about him last night, and he didn't look anything like Danny on the second viewing… now it sounds like I'm house hunting… actually that's awkward…
Also, after their major single push, and Tom's new image, Tom Fletcher is a very attractive person. I swear it's dem glasses. I watched Tom and Dougie's live stream tonight and they're great people hahaha.
Just look:
He's married.
I also haven't been able to stop playing these:
I also have another mini canvas… Ed's the chosen one…
Jordanavia :)


No comments :
Post a Comment