Friday, 23 November 2012

Is school meant to be this easy?

This post will probably make you hate me.
I'm in year 13 in a British school. This means that it is the very last year in secondary school, and the year you do A-levels in, in which you exchange for a place at a university. WHY IS IT SO EASYYYY?!?!?!?!

I have good friends who are struggling with their work at the minute, and there are a few people who were in my year group, that have been moved down a year, so that they can try again to get their AS results. Year 13 seems, by far the easiest year I've ever done. I litterally only do work on a Monday and Tuesday, because of a technicality in my timetable meaning I only have certain lessons on Monday and Tuesday, and a full day of lessons on Tuesday. This has lead to large groups of free periods clumping together, meaning on a Thursday afternoon, I sit from half 1 until 4pm doing nothing. Somehow I've also gotten off lightly with homework, since the subjects I've chosen are very light on the homework front. Somehow, I just got lucky. Crazy how in the last year of school I'm having the time of my life. I'm not complaining though!


Let me just tell you this story. Every year in our school these two new people arrive at the beginning of October and stay until a week before the end of the summer. They're language assistants, one for French, one for German. The younger years go out in groups during their lessons to chat with them, to try and improve their French or German speaking ability. I'm not sure how a group of 5 hyperactive kids are meant to learn anything when they say half a dozen words each in 5 minutes, but. Over the years, there have been some funny ones, and I've gotten on with most of them, actually. In sixth form, you obviously have more involvment with them because you need to do a bigger, more important speaking exam and last year, we had the most innocent Austrian girl who was actually really sweet. She used to bake us stuff and take us into the cooking room so that we could cook Austrian food too hahaha.
But that was last year, and she flew back to Austria. At the beginning of this year, two more arrived. Men. The French one learnt his English from How I Met Your Mother, and is on the verge of being fired for not having his tie pushed up to his collar at all times. I suppose he's funny, all the French students seem to fancy like him. Not my cup of tea. I saw him sit down on a chair one day and pull the strangest face, and I think he thought it was higher than he had expected, and winded himself. I tried not to laugh. The German assistant seemed sweet too, since he came and introduced himself in our lesson, and was all smiles and happiness. Until we had to speak to him…
Me and him instantly didn't click. It was like trying to force two red ends of a magnet together. Until a week ago, we practically had a little conflict every speaking session, since he had different ways of doing things, and a strange way of putting across that our German was crap. He said 'I appreciate it's hard to get back into speaking good German when you've just come back from holidays.' Thanks. That incident with me telling him that I'm not his friend happened last week, but we still had to go back the next week.

He came in the common room, gave us a mock speaking paper and said 'take your time!' This was the start of my 'completely German Day'. Me and my friend sat and did the paper in the 20 minutes we were allowed and went back up to see him. Our lessons last 50 minutes in the morning, and 45 minutes in the afternoon. So for the rest of the lesson we had with him, it was just us speaking to him, doing the paper. And once again, he gave us the usual feedback, that I wasn't treating him enough as a friend, and so our speaking conversation wasn't natural enough, hahaha. But then, because we had a small argument the previous day about when to have our talk about my other speaking exam, I had to see him straight afterwards with my 'magazine advertising' speaking topic, since it was the only time slot we could both do. Guess what, that also lasted a whole 50 minutes… :|
But you know what, after you speak to someone for practically two hours straight, you sort of get to know what they're like. He's actually a really decent person, and surprisingly easy to get on with when you're not finding things to argue with him about haha. It's probably going to be a little less awkward, and a little more friendly in the other speaking exam since I befriended him over the topic of women exposing their bodies more in German womans magazines. No joke. (He also asked me why this was, as if I'm expected to just know that kind of information.) He still insists on telling me to do things in a completely opposite way to what my German teacher says to do, but I feel as if our outstanding issues have been resolved, since we're on the same page about advertisers using size 12 and 14 models instead of 6 and 8… weird.


My friends have also decided to set aside time everyday to embarrass me and creep me out. I don't know why I'm such a victim nowadays…


On a positive note, Eurovision tickets. I WANT SOME! I don't really fancy paying £175 but what if they're the seats I get allocated?! :( If I decline those ones, I'll never get decent seats, if any. Damn, especially since there's only 15000. I have such first world problems :(

How CUTE!

He also likes to take selfies of himself in bed…



Most unartistic picture ever.
What even is this?

I'm not going to visit Danny guy this weekend. I think three weekends in a row is a little too much… next week…



Plus… here is Anton.

Remember him? He was one of Danny's backing dancers for Melodifestivalen 2012. We instantly fell in love, and had a sign for him and everything…

He is the only guy I would get my snygg out for…

He then went to RixFM a few times with Danny, but we didn't see him :(
And now, he's going to be singing in Melodifestivalen 2013!!




How crazy is that! Our little Anton, who we were really scared to add on Facebook, because he was just a little dancer who wasn't even famous. I didn't even like uploading photos of him on Facebook and here, because he was actually still at school. And then he got more famous because he danced a lot with Eric Saade and Danny more, and actually developed a mini-fanbase, with acompanying fanpages and the like. Then I nervously clicked that follow button on twitter, and remember him uploading a picture of himself on there with the caption 'Taking pictures of myself feels weird haha!' and now he can't get enough of those instagram pictures!
Then, this video appeared. It's quite good. Actually, it's really good - I don't know many people who can sing that Justin Bieber song that well…


And then there was also a facebook video, in which he screams - listen out for it… He's a beautiful person, oh my goodness.




I am so hoping he gets through to the final. Otherwise I'll cry. Although if he doesn't, at least he might do a signing like Youngblood did, and I'll tell him that I was his fan before he went mainstream… haha



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment