Monday, 12 November 2012

Ed Sheeran!

So, last night we went to the City Hall in Newcastle to see Ed Sheeran perform live! For once, we've managed to attend a concert within 10 miles of where we live, considering the last three I was at were in Sweden…

In short, he was UNBELIEVABLE. I swear, if you ever get the chance to go and see him, go. If you've ever heard his songs, you won't even think you're at a concert when you're listening to him because his voice sounds exactly the same as on his recorded songs. He uses the tiniest amount of autotune in his songs, so he always sounds the same. It's helped by the fact that he does actually have a great voice.

We got there about 7 after being in town for the whole day, and bought wor merch. I got a t-shirt and a poster.
The t-shirt looks like this, only dark grey instead of… pink.


And this is the poster…

Look at dat cat…

So we found our seats after forking out our life savings, and actually, we had really good seats. We were on the balcony, but slap bang in the middle, I mean, I was right in the middle of the entire balcony, and could practically stare Ed right in the eye the whole night. Laaavely. So here we are, having a lovely time.


Having a rubbish time, obviously hahaha

No, we had a good time

Oh, and I had Ed-inspired nails for that day too :)

Then Passenger came on stage, and did his support act, and did it well. Then some random Irish redneck-wannabe called Foy Vance popped on stage, and started with his harmonica and everything, then doing strange things with his guitar… I won't describe it…

Then fiiiiinallllyyyy Ed came on, and everyone screamed and stood up, as he played Give Me Love straight away. It was great. I can't remember the whole set list, but After Give Me Love he did his little talk, and explained everything twice, for some reason. He's sooo shy! Like, I knew he was shy, because he's just a very inward and timid little kid who doesn't bounce around the stage with backup dancers or even a backing track. He didn't look up much and kept shuffling around on the spot whilst he was talking, as if he was getting told off by a teacher, just lightly strumming his guitar chords. He was just telling us that there were songs where we can be loud and sing and shout along, like for his popular singles, but some songs will be quieter where everyone is silent, and sitting down. He started to do one of these quiet songs, Wafering Stranger, which isn't actually his song, but he covered it and released it for free a while ago. But whilst he was singing it, yeah, everyone was reasonably quiet, and actually listening to the song that was being sung. But then eventually he left the guitar, and got onto a speaker with his microphone, and eventually the microphone went away and it was just a room full of two thousand people actually listening to just one voice on the front of the stage singing without a microphone. It was like he had just wandered into an empty building with good acoustics and started singing, perfectly. Everything would have been just great if one stupid little bitch hadn't just screamed TWICE in the middle of it, making Ed have to stop mid-word and just raise his shoulders at her, as if to say 'just why?'. We were all ready to beat her senseless because she'd been screaming although he managed to carry on, with the microphone again for a little bit and he finished the song without it and it was a tiny bit emotional.

My phone camera was rubbish the whole evening. There was just something wrong, with the distance, and all the smoke machines, and the lights, just didn't suit my camera, and made all the pictures bad. I wouldn't have minded, but people had their DSLR's! I didn't even think you could bring them! Otherwise I would have done and I would have gotten some really good pictures!

He then mixed it up a bit by doing a few more sing-a-long songs, and got us all on our feet 'hell yeah'-ing and everything. He did U.N.I, Drunk, Lego House, Small Bump, Grade 8, This, Kiss Me, The Parting Glass, Autumn Leaves, A Team and You Need Me I Don't Need You too. Here comes a little emotional story…

It was another of the quiet songs, Autumn Leaves and he said, you know, 'this one's a quiet song, just sit and listen, because it's about losing someone… and er, not in a relationship sense.' He played his guitar for a littel bit and did that step back he always does, then he stepped forward and leaned into the microphone a bit and said, 'It'll get a little deep, this song… but it'll be alright.' AND I WAS LIKE OOHHHHH THE FEEEEEELSSSS!! I don't know, but it was just the 'but it'll be alright' bit that got to me. It was a really personal and 'intimate' for want of a better word, and it was just like, …aww. That's really, sweet, and nice and …aww. Makes the hairs stand up on your arms.

Kiss Me with Foy Vance

And then he sang You Need Me I Don't Need You, and I have most of it recorded, but I couldn't record it all because my stupid Apple phone (love you really) had like, 4% battery left, and I had to save a little bit so that I could make sure I could ring home :( . So I have around 10 or so minutes of that one, that I might upload to youtube, if you can't hear my mad rapping skillz…

But yeah, he was pretty amazing…



And so I got in tonight, and had X-Factor recorded, which everyone had their knickers in a twist about because it was all fake because Ed wasn't live. Ed was 300 miles away performing in Newcastle at the time, and so he down and back on the Sunday daytime so that he could film that, and then perform here. Jeeez you guys… X-Factor is all fake anywayz…

And so I watched him again…
I also have Never Mind The Buzzcocks recorded… he's on that too…




End of Ed.
But ooooohhhhhhhhhh my goooooodnesssss do I have a story and a half for you. Right, calm… composure…
We were in the Metro Centre yesterday, just so that we could all meet up before going to town, and my friend Amy has just bought a polaroid camera, because she's not like the other girls. In that moment, she swears she was infinite. But anyway, she asked me if there were any good photo shops in the metro or in town, and I said Jessops, because there was a tiny little shop upstairs in the metro that sold camera paraphernalia. Turns out, Jessops has moved downstairs to a bigger, more modern store and so we took the chance and asked if they had any polaroid photo paper stuff. You know that stuff you shake. So as we were walking in, there was a blonde shop assistant (you know where this is going already) who had some aspects of the 'Swedish look' that we devised whilist in Sweden. As we got closer, we were like 'Oh, oh guuurl, guuuuuuuurl. Look at, loo- what, just aahhhh! Look at him, oh my god he's the DOUBLE of Danny!' Oh my goodness guys, you have never seen anybody in your entire life look so similar to anybody else. Not even identical twins look this similar, I swear down, it's kinda scary. We seriously thought it was actually him, but he just had a longer sort of quiff, similar to an old Danny hairstyle. It was the most cray cray thing I have ever seen, ever. I got a picture of Danny on my phone and looked at it, then looked at this guy, and then looked back, and looked back again and it is SCARY how similar they are. I can't even get over it. He totally saw us though, doing something weird and laughing and everything, so once we found that Jessops do not in fact sell Polaroid paper, we headed out in search of cheap clothes and people we know in Primark. Two of my friends wanted to try clothes on, and then buy them by standing in that huge long line of people, so me and Victoria decided we would go back to Jessops to see if we could find a telephoto lens for my lovely camera for Melodifestivalen. So we got back, and started looking at the Canon lenses, and this weird guy who actually looked like Neo (remember him?) came up to us and started talking to us about what we wanted, not the Danny guy, a lens, and we convinced him enough that we were decent Canon users and we did actually know what we were talking about. He eventually left us, after probably realising that we weren't that interested in talking to him, so we went to the accessories section and I actually found a nice camera back, which I'm going to buy instead of the one I have. Although, we spend forever looking at that bag, and I know it inside out by now, but we still couldn't see our Danny dude! I had a picture of the real Danny as the screen saver for my phone, just on the off chance that it would spark up a conversation if I got it out in public to check a text or the time. But since he wasn't around, I decided to check the time, because by now our purchasing friends should have come to meet us by now (turns out they got distracted by taking Instagram pictures of shoes…) so I got my phone out at arms length and checked the time in the air. Although as I slowly took my phone down from the air, I saw behind it, him looking RIGHT at what I was doing, which was something stupidly excentric to draw everyone's attention. Anyway, we got watched us around the shop with his friend a little bit, and then we left, as things got a little weird.
Although, next week we're going back - to buy that bag. And we also have a plan…


I'm not even kidding, he looks EXACTLY like this…
In my world, this is big news…



Jordanavia :)

No comments :

Post a Comment