Waz new?
Not a lot, unfortunately. I've been sitting at school everyday from 8:30am until 4pm all day this week, and you know when you come back from a week or two (or six) and it feels like you've never been away? That. Whilst it's the end of the first week back, it feels like the end of just another week. Actually, I'm painting a really bad picture, because I ENJOY going to school. So much. Why? Because I do no work. You can ask me why as many times as you like, and I'll keep replying I don't know… Like seriously, one of our teachers set 2 hours worth of business work to do over the holidays, that thing I was complaining about, BUT SHE HASN'T COLLECTED IT IN! I don't want to grass up the whole class if they haven't actually done it, but I don't want to see two hours of unhappiness go to waste. And this is the teacher that gives you a sweet if you've done your homework well. I want a sweet.
So this weekend, I have no homework… apart from revision… yeah, revision…
But since my last blog post, not much has happened… I took a picture of a toadstool, if you didn't see it on instagram HINT HINT follow meeeeeeee jordanavia…
Here is the Canon's view of it…
And it was also firework night, which I don't think any other country celebrates. Sweden, you're missing out. It's basically an excuse to set off fireworks and have massive bonfires, and it can get quite hazy / foggy / noisy / scary (I know…)
We also met this little cutie for the first time. He is my American second cousin, I think… because he's the same generation as me, so he's not 'removed'. But aww. He didn't always look that shocked… promise haha.
Imagine me with one of them one day. That is a scary thought… But of course, it would be the most beautiful baby you would have ever seen… and his name would be Ola Danny Eric Kim Junior. Bad parent.
I also had something important to talk about, but I can't remember what… perhaps Anton?
SINCE WHEN COULD ANTON SING?!?!?! My little snygg dancer has gone SO mainstream, and now there are huge rumours that he's taking part in Melodifestivalen this year! At least I won't have to make a new sign hahahaha. That's crazy… I watched a twitcam of his one day, and he's not a great singer, sorry Anton. I knowwww there are going to be people thinking 'you don't need to be a great singer to go to Melodifestivalen / Eurovision' but seriously though, you do sort of… even if you are a comedy act. Welcome back, Sean Banan too.
And Danny. Danny has a new song out. It's called Delirious and I actually LOVE it. You can listen to it here on Youtube, but I seriously reccommend downloading it because obvs it's super better quality and you neeeeed to support your singers! haha
And, and, and… on Sunday, we, are going, to see, ED SHEERAN! He's live at the City Hall in Newcastle and we have ticketttsssss! We've had tickets for the best part of a year actually haha, but FINALLY it's time! He's going to be awesome. Although, there will be lots of boyfriends and girlfriends snogging eachother. I'm not really in ANY position to drag ANY boys along to an Ed Sheeran concert so that I can snog them for 2 hours… awks
Also, I'll just write this because I'm kinda in the mood for writing stuff, and causing trouble. An in-joke between me and my best friend whilst growing up has slightly come back to bite us. In year 10 and 11, we had a boy in upper sixth who wasn't very good looking, although he managed to make it into the 'circle' because he played football (like a fairy) but he had SUPER ATTRACTIVE friends too, who also played football. The non-attractive one also had other friends, who were all proper geeks and displayed all the signs. Obviously, this next part is unconfirmed, but we decided that they all did maths, and they aquired the affectionate nickname of 'maths geeks'. Now the way to attract a maths geek was to do this funny thing with your hands, as if you were spinning two records down by your side. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's now turned into a gesture that we instantly recognise as the 'way to attract maths geeks'.
Unfortunately, due to current circumstances, 'maths geeks' this year are particularly note-worthy and our mocking of the fact that their predecessors are 'geeks' has associated them with negative connotations, with which cannot be un-connotated. It's gone from a mockery to a sheepishly guilty confession, that maths geeks are in fact, not to be messed with.
Actually, I feel like publishing a similar story to this every time I write a blog post, because they're so great. We have HUNDREDS.
Jordanavia :)
Not a lot, unfortunately. I've been sitting at school everyday from 8:30am until 4pm all day this week, and you know when you come back from a week or two (or six) and it feels like you've never been away? That. Whilst it's the end of the first week back, it feels like the end of just another week. Actually, I'm painting a really bad picture, because I ENJOY going to school. So much. Why? Because I do no work. You can ask me why as many times as you like, and I'll keep replying I don't know… Like seriously, one of our teachers set 2 hours worth of business work to do over the holidays, that thing I was complaining about, BUT SHE HASN'T COLLECTED IT IN! I don't want to grass up the whole class if they haven't actually done it, but I don't want to see two hours of unhappiness go to waste. And this is the teacher that gives you a sweet if you've done your homework well. I want a sweet.
So this weekend, I have no homework… apart from revision… yeah, revision…
But since my last blog post, not much has happened… I took a picture of a toadstool, if you didn't see it on instagram HINT HINT follow meeeeeeee jordanavia…
Here is the Canon's view of it…
| Pretty, right? I love the shrooooms… |
And it was also firework night, which I don't think any other country celebrates. Sweden, you're missing out. It's basically an excuse to set off fireworks and have massive bonfires, and it can get quite hazy / foggy / noisy / scary (I know…)
| This is the raw file… hence why it's so grainy |
We also met this little cutie for the first time. He is my American second cousin, I think… because he's the same generation as me, so he's not 'removed'. But aww. He didn't always look that shocked… promise haha.
Imagine me with one of them one day. That is a scary thought… But of course, it would be the most beautiful baby you would have ever seen… and his name would be Ola Danny Eric Kim Junior. Bad parent.
| And whilst we were down visiting family, I found this 'toy'. Because ever child likes to play murder your sibling… |
I also had something important to talk about, but I can't remember what… perhaps Anton?
SINCE WHEN COULD ANTON SING?!?!?! My little snygg dancer has gone SO mainstream, and now there are huge rumours that he's taking part in Melodifestivalen this year! At least I won't have to make a new sign hahahaha. That's crazy… I watched a twitcam of his one day, and he's not a great singer, sorry Anton. I knowwww there are going to be people thinking 'you don't need to be a great singer to go to Melodifestivalen / Eurovision' but seriously though, you do sort of… even if you are a comedy act. Welcome back, Sean Banan too.
And Danny. Danny has a new song out. It's called Delirious and I actually LOVE it. You can listen to it here on Youtube, but I seriously reccommend downloading it because obvs it's super better quality and you neeeeed to support your singers! haha
And, and, and… on Sunday, we, are going, to see, ED SHEERAN! He's live at the City Hall in Newcastle and we have ticketttsssss! We've had tickets for the best part of a year actually haha, but FINALLY it's time! He's going to be awesome. Although, there will be lots of boyfriends and girlfriends snogging eachother. I'm not really in ANY position to drag ANY boys along to an Ed Sheeran concert so that I can snog them for 2 hours… awks
Also, I'll just write this because I'm kinda in the mood for writing stuff, and causing trouble. An in-joke between me and my best friend whilst growing up has slightly come back to bite us. In year 10 and 11, we had a boy in upper sixth who wasn't very good looking, although he managed to make it into the 'circle' because he played football (like a fairy) but he had SUPER ATTRACTIVE friends too, who also played football. The non-attractive one also had other friends, who were all proper geeks and displayed all the signs. Obviously, this next part is unconfirmed, but we decided that they all did maths, and they aquired the affectionate nickname of 'maths geeks'. Now the way to attract a maths geek was to do this funny thing with your hands, as if you were spinning two records down by your side. It's a bit hard to explain, but it's now turned into a gesture that we instantly recognise as the 'way to attract maths geeks'.
Unfortunately, due to current circumstances, 'maths geeks' this year are particularly note-worthy and our mocking of the fact that their predecessors are 'geeks' has associated them with negative connotations, with which cannot be un-connotated. It's gone from a mockery to a sheepishly guilty confession, that maths geeks are in fact, not to be messed with.
Actually, I feel like publishing a similar story to this every time I write a blog post, because they're so great. We have HUNDREDS.
Jordanavia :)
No comments :
Post a Comment