Today was going to be a normal day, until I woke up to this text from my uncle…
Except at 7:25am, I'm not really properly awake, so I think I just went to sleep again for a little bit haha. But when I started thinking a little bit about it, I searched for Jessops on Twitter and read an article…
It talked about how Peter Jones bought the chain in February, which I knew, but planned to turn the business into an online retailer. But this morning he opened the flagship store in London, and a couple more around the country.
Like, what? No, Jessops closed. It doesn't exist. But somehow he's managed to reopen stores and restore them to their former glory. Like, aah! I don't think anyone will ever understand the significance of this for me hahaha. But then I read even further… he plans to open another 30 around the country?! I could absolutely not believe it, like, how does this even happen?!
To me, in January, it felt like someone had died. That horrible gap you get when you lose someone was the exact feeling I got when Jessops closed. Except it was just a shop, and it was a strange type of grievance, because how can you get upset when a shop closes? So when I found out this morning, it was like the person who'd died had come back to life. A surreal sort of emotion because it's… back.
So yeah, here's hoping they open the metro centre store, because I continue to walk past that illuminated sign, constantly hoping that it gets reopened, and now, that might just be possible. Of the 30-40 they're opening throughout the country, they surely have to have one in the north east, and the metro one is the, er, most respectable one. I want to go and stand in the place I once mentioned I wanted to stand in. Maybe I'll buy something too, as a sign of respect haha!
I actually had a dream not too long ago that Jessops opened again for one day haha. It was just one day, but it opened and we went.
The website was meant to be open at midday today, but er, that didn't happen. Sneaky…
So yeah, maybe my moping has accounted for something!
We'll see on Monday what's going on, if anything…
Jordanavia :)
Except at 7:25am, I'm not really properly awake, so I think I just went to sleep again for a little bit haha. But when I started thinking a little bit about it, I searched for Jessops on Twitter and read an article…
It talked about how Peter Jones bought the chain in February, which I knew, but planned to turn the business into an online retailer. But this morning he opened the flagship store in London, and a couple more around the country.
Like, what? No, Jessops closed. It doesn't exist. But somehow he's managed to reopen stores and restore them to their former glory. Like, aah! I don't think anyone will ever understand the significance of this for me hahaha. But then I read even further… he plans to open another 30 around the country?! I could absolutely not believe it, like, how does this even happen?!
To me, in January, it felt like someone had died. That horrible gap you get when you lose someone was the exact feeling I got when Jessops closed. Except it was just a shop, and it was a strange type of grievance, because how can you get upset when a shop closes? So when I found out this morning, it was like the person who'd died had come back to life. A surreal sort of emotion because it's… back.
So yeah, here's hoping they open the metro centre store, because I continue to walk past that illuminated sign, constantly hoping that it gets reopened, and now, that might just be possible. Of the 30-40 they're opening throughout the country, they surely have to have one in the north east, and the metro one is the, er, most respectable one. I want to go and stand in the place I once mentioned I wanted to stand in. Maybe I'll buy something too, as a sign of respect haha!
I actually had a dream not too long ago that Jessops opened again for one day haha. It was just one day, but it opened and we went.
The website was meant to be open at midday today, but er, that didn't happen. Sneaky…
So yeah, maybe my moping has accounted for something!
We'll see on Monday what's going on, if anything…
Jordanavia :)

No comments :
Post a Comment